Unpopular opinions about movies. -

Hugbox Kommissar

You wouldn't download an ideology
kiwifarms.net
i think the Inclusion of Haldir in the two towers is the worst idea ever!
It takes away the valor of men, makes the Elves look weak, and takes out the Huorns fucking up the Uruks.
Could have been worse, Arwen was originally supposed to be there. I think they got as far as filming some scenes before someone managed to talk some sense into PJ.

I enjoy the Speed Racer movie. The racing scenes have a great energy to them and the theme of choosing family and integrity over money and fame is surprisingly wholesome.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Could have been worse, Arwen was originally supposed to be there. I think they got as far as filming some scenes before someone managed to talk some sense into PJ.
Well Arwen is hot enough that she could ride alone into mordor and just casualy throw the ring into the lava...

ApatheticViewer

Devotee of Nihilist Satanic Leftism
kiwifarms.net
The first of Uwe Boll’s rampage movies isn’t all that bad. The second and third ones are god awful.

People in general are overly harsh on Boll. Postal is probably the greatest video game adaptation of all time. And Seed and Stoic are amazing horror movies

Same goes for Michael Bay actually. He's actually turned in quite a bit of hits. The Rock, Bad Boys, The Island, Pain and Gain. But people base his entire career off of the shitty Transformers movies.

The Goonies fucking sucks. Everyone is just an obnoxious stereotype (the fat kid, smart asian, the annoying bitchy girl, the older brother)

The script is full of fucking holes : Why is there a random map in there attic? Why is the treasure under a random restaurant? Who set up the piano boobytrap and how? Who set up any of the traps? The pirate's? Why did the traps hold up over 100s of years? Where did Chunk come from? Why is there a pirate ship under the cave?

I hate everything about it. That plus the god awful Cyndi Lauper song and the cheesy over sentimentality

cumrobbery

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Snowpiercer was one of the dumbest and most pointless movies I've ever seen and felt like what a bored train sperg going through a commie phase would make up after watching The Hunger Games.
Literally just "Durr rich people bad, dude classism lmao I don't want to be poor anymore so I'm going to drive humanity to extinction"
Also the parts where it tries to be all weird and artsy came across as very obnoxious and cringeworthy. Ed Harris was the only good part of the film.

Last edited:

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
You know, I rewatched Groundhog day and... Isn't it's message kinda twisted?
Yeah, I get it, it's a metaphor of the life of lonely bitter asshole, whose life becomes so repetitive, that he can't tell one day from another and basically stuck in a time loop.
But does he escape this situation by just becoming a better person? Well, not exactly. When he tried just to be better to his colleagues, he still was in a loop, when he tried to be better for everyone, he still was in a loop, and to escape it he had to become a doctor, musician, children savior, etc. Isn't this kinda shitty message? "To live a full life, you have to get all the skills possible and help each and everyone".
Hell, you can re-edit this into thriller, Silent Hill meets The Shining type, where hero tries to exploit his curse, then goes insane and finally succumbs to the impossibility of escape and becomes the part of this town.

An Account

kiwifarms.net
Eraserhead is a lot like an atom. They’re both mostly empty space. Seriously that fucker drags on and on. Though it could be interesting to see it trimmed down into a short film.

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
As much as DC film adaptations have shit the bed overall in comparison to Marvel the prior decade, I actually though Shazam! was a better take on a young kid superhero than either of the MCU Spider-Man films thus far. For me, it boils down to how it doesn’t rely as much on the wider universe it’s set in as a crutch. Like, both MCU Spider-Man movies (which aren’t bad per se) seemed to me to be Sony flexing the fact that its flagship character can play in that particular sandbox now to the overall detriment of the films (and the character by extension, who often comes off as Iron Man Jr. instead). Shazam! IMO does a much better job of handling its connections to other movies (even if they aren’t as numerous).

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Snowpiercer was one of the dumbest and most pointless movies I've ever seen and felt like what a bored train sperg going through a commie phase would make up after watching The Hunger Games.
Literally just "Durr rich people bad, dude classism lmao I don't want to be poor anymore so I'm going to drive humanity to extinction"
Also the parts where it tries to be all weird and artsy came across as very obnoxious and cringeworthy. Ed Harris was the only good part of the film.
Snowpiercer just sounds like something that someone high on his own farts would make, like that recent film with the food elevator. And if Hollywood thinks that rich people are bad and poor people are always good, why don't they have any sympathy for poor, working class whites? Why do actors and actresses get paid so much? Hollywood hypocrisy at its finest...

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Snowpiercer just sounds like something that someone high on his own farts would make, like that recent film with the food elevator. And if Hollywood thinks that rich people are bad and poor people are always good, why don't they have any sympathy for poor, working class whites? Why do actors and actresses get paid so much? Hollywood hypocrisy at its finest...
Those nasty old Hollywood folks from South Korea.

Trombonista

Bayou Billy with the Heavy Balls
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Snowpiercer is based on a French graphic novel.

I__quit

Continue? W/E
kiwifarms.net
I have a general disinterest in romantic comedies because the vast majority are churned out with very little thought besides whether or not the actors are good fap material. Even so, the mid to late 80's rom-coms everyone nostalgically worships are still incredibly predictable and boring imho.

Was I suppose to want Say Anything's Lloyd Dobler to woo the girl and live happily ever after? Because that shallow infatuation usually deflates when high school's over. Am I rooting for The Breakfast Club's Andrew to get with the Basketcase and learn that the girl who purposefully distanced herself from others deserves love because she's fuckable with make-up on she's just damaged guiz? Do I lol at date rape level deception?

So many forms of media have aged poorly and have to be discussed to address the current social climate, I understand that, but very few of the protagonists from that "brat pack" genre were more than quirky caricatures to me.

Tags
movies