Unpopular Opinions about TV -

frozenrunner

Salt supply chains have been interrupted.
kiwifarms.net
"Fly" is one of the best episodes of Breaking Bad
It's a genuinely funny, interesting change of pace for the show with some small but important character moments. It's so strange to me that people hate it, especially since Bryan Cranston is so damn good at physical comedy.

-----

Which reminds me...

The most hated episode of Lost, "Exposé," is actually fucking great.

At the beginning of the third season the writing really started to dip in quality (remember the entire episode devoted to Jack's fucking tattoo?), and the writers added these dogshit characters, Nikki and Paulo, into the show. Everyone hated them. They had soap opera-tier actors who couldn't measure up to the rest of the cast. It was insulting as hell to the audience that we were supposed to believe these two were always there in the background with the redshirt survivor extras for two full seasons but we just never saw them until the big name characters started acting like they were main cast-material. They never had anything to do except tag along with the rest of the real characters and pretend to be just like them, almost like someone's obnoxious kid brother. Dreadful stuff.

But, halfway through the season, the writers clearly decided to course-correct, and part of that process was devoting an entire episode to the destruction of Nikki and Paulo as, I'm certain, a symbolic way of saying "we're sorry" to the audience. They're revealed to be not just shitty characters with shitty actors but shitty people with clichéd motivations. There are laughable flashbacks to iconic earlier scenes where they're literally doing shit in the background (with other secondary/tertiary joke characters) right where they won't be noticed in the original shots. Billy Dee Williams shows up in a hammy, weird role. And then some snake paralyses Nikki and Paulo so the main characters think they're dead and accidentally bury them alive. It was fucking great.

Initially I thought that, had I been watching the show week-by-week, I might have hated the episode. But nah, I would have loved it even more. Because it was proof the writers hated the direction the show had taken and were going to fix things.

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
The trailer of the new Breaking Bad movie has been circulating for the past few days and I was reminded that I tried getting into the show but found it extremely boring
Agreed. Breaking Bad was around the time I started to notice the trend of people overhyping the fuck out of what they liked, and acting like anyone who didn't suck it's dick 24/7 were uncultured idiots.

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
The most hated episode of Lost, "Exposé," is actually fucking great.

At the beginning of the third season the writing really started to dip in quality (remember the entire episode devoted to Jack's fucking tattoo?), and the writers added these dogshit characters, Nikki and Paulo, into the show. Everyone hated them. They had soap opera-tier actors who couldn't measure up to the rest of the cast. It was insulting as hell to the audience that we were supposed to believe these two were always there in the background with the redshirt survivor extras for two full seasons but we just never saw them until the big name characters started acting like they were main cast-material. They never had anything to do except tag along with the rest of the real characters and pretend to be just like them, almost like someone's obnoxious kid brother. Dreadful stuff.

But, halfway through the season, the writers clearly decided to course-correct, and part of that process was devoting an entire episode to the destruction of Nikki and Paulo as, I'm certain, a symbolic way of saying "we're sorry" to the audience. They're revealed to be not just shitty characters with shitty actors but shitty people with clichéd motivations. There are laughable flashbacks to iconic earlier scenes where they're literally doing shit in the background (with other secondary/tertiary joke characters) right where they won't be noticed in the original shots. Billy Dee Williams shows up in a hammy, weird role. And then some snake paralyses Nikki and Paulo so the main characters think they're dead and accidentally bury them alive. It was fucking great.

Initially I thought that, had I been watching the show week-by-week, I might have hated the episode. But nah, I would have loved it even more. Because it was proof the writers hated the direction the show had taken and were going to fix things.

I remember being HUGE on Lost when it first came out. Seasons 1 was phenomenally good and Season 2 was a good followup season before the show became the godawful trainwreck it was destined to be. When Nikki and Paulo showed up in Season 3 and kept inserting their awful asses into situations, I remember being really fucking bewildered. Like, why the fuck are you two suddenly taking interest in characters and involving yourselves? Didn't help that they were irritating as sin and had no charm or charisma or general role in the survivor group.

So to watch Sawyer and Hurley bury those fuckers alive was a joyous occasion and one of the few good moments of the season, the other being watching half the cast get drunk on stale beer and go joyriding in a goddamn van around the island.

Lost is a mess and its shitty ending is a cherry on the shit-sundae. But hey, there were moments post-Seasons 1&2 where you can almost forget that. Destroying Nikki and Paulo was one of those occasions.

The Pink Panther

Looking At Your Stag Reel
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's a hot take:

The Bill Cosby Show >>>>> The Cosby Show

Bill Cosby's first TV show was pretty underrated. Like The Cosby Show, it could preachy at times (there was an episode in particular about Cosby pushing into the ground his anti-cursing stance, and that was pretty bad), but it truly was one of the first slice-of-life TV shows and probably one of the funniest, particularly when the episode is just Bill getting into everyday shennanigans as bachelor gym teacher. Like when he tried finding every method in the book to try to cure his insomnia, the episode where he gets accused for a crime he didn't do and stayed in a jail for a day and tried to clear his name, or the time he tried to give advice to a co-worker on getting a girl only for him to get rejected by that girl only for said co-worker to try to commit suicide with Bill having to try to convince the guy not to commit suicide while also trying to stall for time by showing the best way for him to commit suicide. It was a pretty grounded show that pretty much did whatever it wanted with its everyday man main character, and I think it really worked in that regard. And it's actually pretty funny at times, when it isn't preachy.

I like The Cosby Show, but it's kinda just there. I mean the only episodes I really remember were the dreamy ones. The one where Cliff has a nightmare and the Muppets are somehow there or the one where the youngest daughter, Rudy, starts to have a nightmare about her younger step-niece taking over every aspect of her life as being "the cute one that everyone pays attention to" and that was pretty funny. The Cosby Show is pretty unmemorable as a whole. You really only remember certain jokes and the only other thing I remember is that:

My cousin played Theo's girlfriend, Justine, on the show. Her existence within the show leads to one of my personal favorite moments of the show:

However, it is undeniable that The Cosby Show has had an impact on motivating the modern black family to step it up and succeed. The Cosby Show was a big cultural phenomon and I understand that for it having a positive representation of an upper middle class black family, it's just that when you judge the show as a whole, The Bill Cosby Show, to me, stands out more, and is probably one of my favorite sitcoms of the 60's (if you could count it as a 60's show, if not, then 70's).

also, insert joke of cosby raping chicks after each and every filming of both respective shows here

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
Season 5 of Bojack Horseman was overly dark and way too heavy-handed in what it was trying to do. Todd being ~asexual~ is completely pointless, they just don't know what to do with him anymore since he doesn't add to the main storyline. He should have just been written off halfway through season 4.
I'm not at all excited about season 6, way too much feminist crap was in 5. Especially Diane and...some other random black bitch who had no reason to reappear after the Oscar plotline...talking about what they ~have to do because they're women.~

TV now is no good because of this, and I think that's why 90's sitcoms have been more popular recently. Nobody wants to watch TV to be preached at. I expect Netflix to fold eventually, they're getting way too woke.

Franjevina

kiwifarms.net
Game of Thrones is stinking boring pile of dog shit .

Yellowstone season 1 was actually good .

All fans of " Billions " are secretly faggots .

| Placeholder for LOTR series from Amazon that i have a bad feeling about |

The Pink Panther

Looking At Your Stag Reel
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Season 5 of Bojack Horseman was overly dark and way too heavy-handed in what it was trying to do. Todd being ~asexual~ is completely pointless, they just don't know what to do with him anymore since he doesn't add to the main storyline. He should have just been written off halfway through season 4.
I'm not at all excited about season 6, way too much feminist crap was in 5. Especially Diane and...some other random black bitch who had no reason to reappear after the Oscar plotline...talking about what they ~have to do because they're women.~
I got one even better.

Bojack Horseman looks like literal horseshit, and I don't know why anyone watches that show because the visuals are fucking horseshit. The character designs look really ugly, particularly the humanoid animal characters. That dog and that cat especially. Ewwwww. Not sure I get the appeal either. It just seems like a very tried-and-true animated show that acts like it's deep and important, when it really is just the soapbox of people in their mid-20's endlessly talking about "muh struggle".

SirQuicksand

Super Captain Fat Fuck
kiwifarms.net
Danny DeVito is an underrated actor, outside of Always Sunny.
America (and the world in general) needs more Wesley Snipes in media.
And I can add Andy Dick to that last one as well.

Tags
None