Unpopular Opinions about TV -

Niggernerd

Blackmetal screech in anime
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most if not all tv shows like TWD, breaking bad ect are cringy garbage.
Jerry Springer is a guilty pleasure

Cast Iron Pan

First-generation son of Antarcticano refugees
kiwifarms.net
I think there aren't enough shows about blacks and jews joining forces to kill white people nazis.

Season three of Twin Peaks wasn't all that good. Lynch almost seemed to be doing a parody of himself and his style with it. It felt jarring from the tone of the original.

Plus, the lack of Frank Silva and Michael J. Anderson sucked.
lynch whooshing peaks.jpg

Freya

i wanna go where the down boys go
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like actual TV channels better than streaming. Navigating a menu is annoying and i end up thinking everything sounds dumb when reading the description.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

PolexiaAphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
kiwifarms.net
I like actual TV channels better than streaming. Navigating a menu is annoying and i end up thinking everything sounds dumb when reading the description.
I wish that streaming had a "shuffle" feature, so you could go through and pick a bunch of stuff and it would shuffle those shows mixed in with shows it thinks you might like. That's probably the one thing I liked about regular TV more than streaming - you only had so many choices at a time.

Freya

i wanna go where the down boys go
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wish that streaming had a "shuffle" feature, so you could go through and pick a bunch of stuff and it would shuffle those shows mixed in with shows it thinks you might like. That's probably the one thing I liked about regular TV more than streaming - you only had so many choices at a time.
Decision fatigue is a real thing. Discovering something randomly on TV always felt more enjoyable to me

• Agree
Reactions: yasscat

orelpuppington

kiwifarms.net
brooklyn 99 is unfunny garbage obviously aimed at liberals. i thought it could replace the office or parks and rec as a comedy show for me but i was wrong. the only redeeming factor on the show is the corgi named cheddar. also holt is a funny character. but that's it.

i recently started superstore. i was skeptical at first but i actually thought it was pretty decent. there's some virtue signalling i could do without but other than that i like it so far. i've only seen 5 episodes and i'll probably finish the first season later this week.

PolexiaAphrodisia

kiwifarms.net
i recently started superstore. i was skeptical at first but i actually thought it was pretty decent. there's some virtue signalling i could do without but other than that i like it so far. i've only seen 5 episodes and i'll probably finish the first season later this week.
Superstore is like a food that your mom used to make for dinner sometimes, that wasn't your favorite but was still enjoyable.
It's comforting in its predictability.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
Claire from Modern Family was funnier when she was a stay-at-home mom, and turning her into a serious businesswoman ruined her character.
Sofia Vergara was sexier with black hair.

brooklyn 99 is unfunny garbage obviously aimed at liberals. i thought it could replace the office or parks and rec as a comedy show for me but i was wrong. the only redeeming factor on the show is the corgi named cheddar. also holt is a funny character. but that's it.
Mostly agree. The show can be good when its a send up of cop dramas, but when it does the "Very Special Episode" shit its terrible. I also hate the Halloween episodes, Pontiac Bandit episodes and any time they try to humanize Rosa.

Uncanny Valley

NO LIVES MATTER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Claire from Modern Family was funnier when she was a stay-at-home mom, and turning her into a serious businesswoman ruined her character.
Sofia Vergara was sexier with black hair.

Mostly agree. The show can be good when its a send up of cop dramas, but when it does the "Very Special Episode" shit its terrible. I also hate the Halloween episodes, Pontiac Bandit episodes and any time they try to humanize Rosa.
Also Gina felt like a horrible fanfic character come to life.

• Agree
Reactions: PortsideDave

PolexiaAphrodisia

kiwifarms.net
Also Gina felt like a horrible fanfic character come to life.
Gina was the first character to make me aware of vocal fry. From then on it was all I heard when she spoke.

edit: @orelpuppington also I forgot, Superstore gets really lefty and virtue signally towards season 4, be aware. It didn't bug me much though as I was watching the final season of Orange is the New Black at the time, and it paled in comparison.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley
Tags
None