Unpopular Opinions about Video Games -

VerdantBuckle34

I've got a cactus!!
kiwifarms.net
I'm nervous about the Link's Awakening remake (because out of the LoZ games, THAT is not one I'd touch), but I kind of like the art style; unless they pull a Majora's Mask 3D, I have hope for it. (And I HOPE it comes with the Color Dungeon from DX.)

Also, since I'm talking about remakes and Zelda: LoZ 2: The Adventure of Link could benefit from one.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
I'm nervous about the Link's Awakening remake (because out of the LoZ games, THAT is not one I'd touch), but I kind of like the art style; unless they pull a Majora's Mask 3D, I have hope for it. (And I HOPE it comes with the Color Dungeon from DX.)

Also, since I'm talking about remakes and Zelda: LoZ 2: The Adventure of Link could benefit from one.
Holy shit they're remaking that? That was my first Zelda game.

I may need a Switch now.

Reactions: Akumaten

Zan

kiwifarms.net
It just got announced this week.
I hate when remakes of classic games update the original soundtrack. It always sounds so boring and generic. Link's Awakening had some incredible music and it sounded fantastic on the Gameboy's sound system The game's ost had a darker tone compared to other Zelda titles too and I liked that.

I'm sure the remake will do very well and lots of people will enjoy it, I'm just old and bitter.

Reactions: VerdantBuckle34

Medafag

Unironic internet degenerate
kiwifarms.net
I think the Gamecube controller is the best ever especially with the different shape buttons easy to get use to and most modern controllers are uninspired.
I bought that Smash controller when they made it for the Wii U just to use it for my Gamecube and probably get one for the Switch later this year.
I love the Game Cube controller, that thing is nearly indestructible, i have been using the same controller since i bought my Game Cube back in 2004, almost 15 years ago, and i've beaten dozens of games with it, Game Cube, Wii, emulators, you name it, i bought another one when Smash 4 was released, and probably will buy one more this year too

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
Great exclusive games but as a whole it's just too gimmicky and most of the games have aged rather poorly graphics wise.
Also shovelware as far as the eye can see.
This is also true with the DS. I don't think there will be a period of shovelware like the PS2,Wii, and DS. Thank goodness Android/Google Play store is the new dumping ground for total garbage.

ThinkThankThunk

s-m-r-t
kiwifarms.net
Devil May Cry 2 was a perfectly enjoyable game; it's got some awful bosses and unplayable camera angles, but the game is so short that none of it ever lasts long enough to be painful. For the most part, it's just fine - not good, not bad, but nowhere near deserving of the shit that gets thrown at it.

Reactions: Cool kitties club

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I love the Game Cube controller, that thing is nearly indestructible, i have been using the same controller since i bought my Game Cube back in 2004, almost 15 years ago, and i've beaten dozens of games with it, Game Cube, Wii, emulators, you name it, i bought another one when Smash 4 was released, and probably will buy one more this year too
I envy you, I've gone through three Gamecube controllers since 2001 and I have no idea why. I don't mishandle my controllers in any way, and none of the other controllers for different consoles has ever broken, so it's a problem exclusive to my Gamecube ones. The first one's control stick broke gradually, becoming overly loose in the up direction until it barely responded. The second one the C-stick stopped working, if it ever worked, my mom gave it to me when she gave me the Gamecube (so I could play SSBM with friends) so I never tried to use the C-stick on it until the other controller died. My third one lasted longer than either of them but still broke eventually. That one broke in the control stick and the C-stick, go figure. Only difference is that in the control stick it got overly loose in the down direction instead.

My fourth controller is a third party one because Nintendo had stopped making them by the time the fourth one died. Only for them to announce they'd start producing them again for Smash 4 a year and a half later. I have no idea how long this one will last me but I expect for the control stick or the C-stick (or both) to break eventually somehow.

Yaoi Zowie

kiwifarms.net
I really like Artifact. It's the most interesting CCG I've ever played, and I've played a few. Valve really went in on making a game for hardcore players of the genre, but they should have thrown a few bones to the casual players, at like some semblance of ranked ladder and progression system from the start. It's really sad that it was pretty much DOA.

And speaking of DOTA, fuck Autochess. That game feels as deep as a kiddie pool. I guess it just appeals to the lizard parts of the brain that likes opening packs and watching random shit happen.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
Rome Total War 2 was good, and honestly the endless complaints about bugs rings hollow. I’ve played the game for 3 years, and the only issue I’ve encountered was fps cause I have a shitbrick of a laptop.
Why play that when you have Rome 1 though?

At least Attila had the audacity to try and be challenging and distinct.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino