Unpopular Opinions about Video Games -

The Tepes

kiwifarms.net
2 is often underrated due to its level of difficulty and a villain who doesn't reek of quirky edge or pants on head craziness.
Wasn't the only problem with 2 that the outposts you've cleaned, were full of enemies a couple of minutes later? Other than that I don't remember anything bad about it. It even has more attention detail than Far Cry 5 (I think Crowbcat made a video about it).

• Agree
Reactions: Antique Rice

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
2 is often underrated due to its level of difficulty and a villain who doesn't reek of quirky edge or pants on head craziness.
It was moreso because a lot of elements in FC2 intentionally inconvenience the player. Like Malaria forces you to do the passport sidequests to get more malaria medication. You also die very fast so it encourages you to do more buddy missions so your buddies stick around and so they give you more stuff for your safe houses. The game's 3 weapon limit was brilliant since you couldn't just carry an assault rifle and a sniper rifle. The only sniper rifle that was silenced was the dart rifle and it only carried like 5 rounds in it. In all of the later games you feel more like a super hero with how overpowered you are compared to all of the other enemies. Which was bizarre in FC3 since you play as this millenial who has never shot anyone in his life but then you're massively overpowered and are expected to kill hundreds of dudes at a time.
Wasn't the only problem with 2 that the outposts you've cleaned, were full of enemies a couple of minutes later? Other than that I don't remember anything bad about it. It even has more attention detail than Far Cry 5 (I think Crowbcat made a video about it).
I actually didn't mind the outposts it made action constant and made it so you had to consider a lot more how you were going to approach a mission location rather than just driving/fast travelling. I really liked all of these little elements to the game that made you play it differently compared to the later games where all of the difficulty has been sanded off.
Crowbcat's video is good although I felt people picked on Far Cry 5 in particular when Far Cry 3 was far worse about all of this. Like Far Cry 5 actually brought back things like NPCs resurrecting other downed enemies which was removed in FC3. A lot of what I liked FC5 did was just removed things that felt tedious in Far Cry 3/4. Like I still feel crafting is way more annoying, boring and tedious than clearing outposts in Far Cry 2 between missions.

Last edited:

Sigma

Eighteen Inches
kiwifarms.net
Base Doom 1 is dull to go back to. Enemy variety is fairly low and a lot of the later enemies take much too long to die. Doom 2 improved the pace of the game immensely by adding the super shotgun and is overall much more fun.

Hal

Tard wrangler
kiwifarms.net
Base Doom 1 is dull to go back to. Enemy variety is fairly low and a lot of the later enemies take much too long to die. Doom 2 improved the pace of the game immensely by adding the super shotgun and is overall much more fun.
I hear more people like Doom 2 over 1 but I might still be just seeing a minority

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
I hear more people like Doom 2 over 1 but I might still be just seeing a minority
Speaking personally, I prefer Doom 1 because I think the map design is better and the game's got a much richer atmosphere.

I actually posted this earlier in the thread too and some people wondered if that was an unpopular opinion.

Hal

Tard wrangler
kiwifarms.net
Speaking personally, I prefer Doom 1 because I think the map design is better and the game's got a much richer atmosphere.

I actually posted this earlier in the thread too and some people wondered if that was an unpopular opinion.
Understandable both games are classics

Reactions: The Shadow

Sigma

Eighteen Inches
kiwifarms.net
Well most complains I'd heard was about the map design. From what I've played of Doom 2, it's generally fine. Most maps in Doom 1 were pretty much just mazes anyways.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
I really wish more AAA games had couch co-op split-screen campaign modes these days. Online only co-op campaigns just do not hold the same appeal to me at all.
they don't because most of the time people really don't care at this point in history. Like it doesn't impact sales at this point to not have splitscreen. Then there's how "e-sports' took off in recent years and devs want to push that as much as possible.

The issue is that splitscreen is very taxing on the game because you're essentially running it twice. So that impacts how big they can make things like the levels or graphical quality. It was why when GTA San Andreas had coop it was limited to both of the players being on a single screen and why GTA4 dropped it entirely and forced online multiplayer. It's why when the option to include split screen comes up most devs go "will players not buy the game if it doesn't include it? No? Then let's not make the game look worse to include it".

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
they don't because most of the time people really don't care at this point in history. Like it doesn't impact sales at this point to not have splitscreen. Then there's how "e-sports' took off in recent years and devs want to push that as much as possible.

The issue is that splitscreen is very taxing on the game because you're essentially running it twice. So that impacts how big they can make things like the levels or graphical quality. It was why when GTA San Andreas had coop it was limited to both of the players being on a single screen and why GTA4 dropped it entirely and forced online multiplayer. It's why when the option to include split screen comes up most devs go "will players not buy the game if it doesn't include it? No? Then let's not make the game look worse to include it".
Very true, but some of the best gaming experiences I ever had involved split-screen co-op with friends. Sipping beer, talking bullshit, all that other lovely stuff that comes with it, online co-op does not compare to that at all.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
Very true, but some of the best gaming experiences I ever had involved split-screen co-op with friends. Sipping beer, talking bullshit, all that other lovely stuff that comes with it, online co-op does not compare to that at all.
There's a reason why the Nintendo Switch is doing well that's all I'm saying

spvcxghxztpvrrp

PHEEL THA PHONK 1990
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
BIT.TRIP RUNNER is mediocre and barely even counts as a BIT.TRIP game. Runner2 and 3 are out of the question.

The Shadow

Friendly Neighborhood Shitposter
kiwifarms.net
Most 90s shooters kinda had shitty map designs honestly.
Just within the Build engine games, Shadow Warrior and Blood had some pretty questionable maps. Duke Nukem 3D did better sticking to more realistic settings, for the most part.

Dark Forces is kind of all over the place. But we all remember that fucking sewer.

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
My opinions about Fire Emblem

I would have enjoyed the Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates more if I wasn't off put with the weeaboo dating.

I did enjoy Echos more even though its uses the same battle system as Gaiden.

My favorite Fire Emblem is Path of Radiance on the Gamecube as it was my first Fire Emblem game. The Sequel was a bit of a rushed mess and a lot of undeveloped characters I didn't care for.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino