Unpopular Opinions about Video Games -

scorptatious

It only gets worse from here on in...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Katamari Damacy is a cute and fun game also holds a place in my heart. My late ex loved the track lonely rolling star. So once in awhile. I'll play the game just to hear it.

She had also got me into bayonetta which I'm glad because I actually prefer it over Devil May Cry.
I'm honestly torn between Bayonetta and DMC3. Both are really damn good games.

Also, the Katamari Damacy and its sequel We Love Katamari were the bee's knees.

Niggernerd

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream to lose weight.
kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly torn between Bayonetta and DMC3. Both are really damn good games.

Also, the Katamari Damacy and its sequel We Love Katamari were the bee's knees.
What wins me over is Bayonettas music. Dmc has the usual rock guitar riffs and stuff but Bayonetta has a jazzy vibe and I just loved it alot. Also Fly me to the moon and Moon River.

I know people who hate Katamari and I just assumed that was a general consensus which I never understood. It's whacky,colorful and makes ya feel good.

scorptatious

It only gets worse from here on in...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What wins me over is Bayonettas music. Dmc has the usual rock guitar riffs and stuff but Bayonetta has a jazzy vibe and I just loved it alot. Also Fly me to the moon and Moon River.

I know people who hate Katamari and I just assumed that was a general consensus which I never understood. It's whacky,colorful and makes ya feel good.
Probably just a bunch of try-hards who can't appreciate good games.

Qi Meng Dealer

No one's idea of a hot date
kiwifarms.net

I haven't seen any hate for Katamari, only some people opting to pass over the remaster because it adds nothing new game-wise.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Most 90s shooters kinda had shitty map designs honestly.
Platforming as a whole is fucking exceptional. Back then, moving a stick and seeing pixels move in the corresponding direction was enough, so picking up orbs was all the rage.

I played Hat in Time recently and while I enjoyed it, it was exclusively because every iteration of the level was different akin Mario 64. Running around picking up orbs in this day and age; something everyone seemingly wants, may only have a place because it's part of an achievement, and that's what drives people these days. Having fun isn't enough.

• Disagree
Reactions: The Old Lurker
I don't like playing JRPG's anymore because I don't find them a rewarding experience in terms of hours of input, grinding, and having to either have high functioning autism to even keep track of convoluted and silly story plotlines, or the character outright being a cookie cutter imagination of every other RPG character that has come before them.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
I have an unpopular opinion related to this. I don't think "grinding" is a bad thing
The tl;dr of this video is that while some rpgs force the player to grind (original Final Fantasy comes to mind) the majority of jrpgs released in the last 20-30 years don't. As evidence of this one can do a "low level" run of games like Final Fantasy 6 and still complete it if you take advantage of the game's more obscure abilities/items that you wouldn't normally use because you can just spam high damage attack spells.
What grinding is there for is so the player can still continue and not have to master the more advanced mechanics such as buffs/debuffs. Like with most rpgs you can make a fight substantially easier if you take advantage of status effect spells/buffs and debuffs and not have to grind. But you can also grind if you really want to if you don't care about those attacks.
The Matador fight in Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne is a really good example of this fight. He's a very challenging fight if you just go into it and start attacking him normally because of how the game's turn based system works. He lowers the player's speed and raises his own, and in the game, the speed affects how well you hit. And every time you miss he gains an extra turn so he attacks more frequently than you do. It's more of a puzzle boss since if you have a party member who lowers his speed you equalize the playing field and can start attacking him normally. The game has a lot of these "puzzle" bosses where there's a solution to fighting them. You can also just grind so you're like 30 levels above him but it's not as enjoyable as adapting to the situation and finding a solution.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure this is an unpopular opinion now, but No Man's Sky is the shit. I've been having an absolute blast with it.
A lot of critics have reissued their reviews since the game has been updated to include more content and more "game". The general consensus seems to be that the developers managed to add more "game" but that they should've done it at launch.

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
I prefer 10-15 hour SP campaign games to incredibly detailed SP game worlds like RDR2 and GTAV. When I get home from work, more often than not, I do not want to put much effort into anything, and that includes the games I play.

spvcxghxztpvrrp

PHEEL THA PHONK 1990
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I agree. Also, the only game in that series I liked was Bit.Trip Beat.
still my proudest 100% to date, gonna work on the rest of the games as well and see if i can pester Choice enough to fix the broken achievements in VOID and FLUX

Reactions: Piss

Pargon

Drive boy, dog boy, dirty numb angel boy
kiwifarms.net
- Pokemon is a series that relies on its tremendous fanbase consisting almost entirely of autists who prefer playing the same game with fresh coats of paint every 3-4 years

- Harvest Moon is a better sim game than Minecraft could ever hope to be

- the indie game scene will not save gaming no matter how many dangerhair pixel artists insist otherwise
-neither will AAA behemoths

- Square hasn't been good since it acquired Enix

- the only good igavania game ever made was SOTN, suggesting he's not nearly the genius people think he is but rather that it was lightning in a bottle

- text-based games can be worthwhile if the writer is not an itch.io maoist

- the fucking swedes who made amnesia should be retroactively aborted for giving rise to the worst trend in gaming of the last thirty years

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
Let's Plays are the absolute worst way you can experience a game.
I moreso dislike the attitude people have where they'll go
"I saw a let's play I know everything about it"
or
"I don't wanna play this I'll just watch a lets play"
I dislike this because a lot of amazing games require a slight amount of patience to get into. Like Morrowind requires a great deal of patience to get into but if you remain invested in it for a while it grows on you and you start really enjoying it. But people now require constant stimulation during the first few hours of a game to the point where if they don't get it, they'd rather watch someone else deal with it. I think this has contributed to how most games have focused almost entirely on instant gratification as of late and why certain genres like the RTS have almost completely vanished.

I also feel you can't experience a game by watching it. Even if it's just a story based game part of the appeal of playing titles like adventure games is the feeling of problem solving. Something you don't get from watching someone else do it.

That and most Let's Plays are trash where people just ramble incoherently into a microphone and don't plan or edit their footage whatsoever so I'm really still surprised it took off as a genre.

Last edited:

Megaroad

Do you accept people of the Jewish persuasion?
kiwifarms.net
Silly over the top games trying to be serious business in recent times is eye rolling. Looking at you, Mortal Kombat X, Tomb Raiders and Dad of War.

Mortal Kombat's cringe comes from story mode and how detached the whole family and friendship bullshit is from gameplay when Johnny can brutally murder his daughter afterwards.

Last edited:

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino