Unpopular Opinions about Video Games -

Ambidextype

Rubbing hand intensifies
kiwifarms.net
Japanese games will always be better at storytelling than Western games. Japanese game developers have always expressed their creativity taking no prisoners as a result the outcome shines through while western devs are all either voluntarily or involuntarily tie themselves to political correctness, they just can't truly write the game in organic and fluid manner. Their stories have to suffer bogged down by unnecessary inclusion of lgbtq, mary sues and current political issues trying to tie these elements to the main story.

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
Japanese games will always be better at storytelling than Western games. Japanese game developers have always expressed their creativity taking no prisoners as a result the outcome shines through while western devs are all either voluntarily or involuntarily tie themselves to political correctness, they just can't truly write the game in organic and fluid manner. Their stories have to suffer bogged down by unnecessary inclusion of lgbtq, mary sues and current political issues trying to tie these elements to the main story.
I think the big problem here is that Western games are currently going through this trend where they have to be super serious and try to be "more than just a game, guys!!" You can tell the writers are almost ashamed they're making a story for a video game and want to make "real art." You don't get that problem with most Japanese games; they're much more gleeful in their approach to to the story.

HeyYou

seriousposter
kiwifarms.net
I kind of like it when gamers boycott shit because "muh scary sjws." It drives the price down so you can snag it for a song. Just got Far Cry New Dawn for $15.
What's even """SJW""" about it? The black ladies are the villains, you're supposedly working with the white evil dude from the last game, and Far Cry 5 was the very opposite of political, to the point rags like Kotaku complained about it.

Piss

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
western devs are all either voluntarily or involuntarily tie themselves to political correctness, they just can't truly write the game in organic and fluid manner. Their stories have to suffer bogged down by unnecessary inclusion of lgbtq, mary sues and current political issues trying to tie these elements to the main story.
That's the case with all forms of media right now

And I figure that's a big reason why millenial nostalgia and Youtube is so popular today. There's no need to be stuck with modern propaganda when we've got decades of back catalogs, as well as a bunch of independently-produced stuff to enjoy.

But I agree with you on Japanese games right now. Nothing Western has come even close to Persona 5 or Breath of the Wild for quite some time. Seems like there's always a disaster happening from a major studio - shit, Fallout 76 just came out for Christmas and it's already old news thanks to Anthem.

c-no

Shit Gritting Person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's even """SJW""" about it? The black ladies are the villains, you're supposedly working with the white evil dude from the last game, and Far Cry 5 was the very opposite of political, to the point rags like Kotaku complained about it.
Thinking them on the cover, they had to be good guys or some crap. It was no different from those sperging over the cover of 4 wherein that was accused of racism.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
It's a shame every time an MMO dies. I never once thought about getting back on Wildstar for years but the fact that it's impossible now is kind of upsetting.
It highlights the true nature of everything we do and enjoy: It's a phase. If you only ever played MMOs, you could basically tie periods in your time and world history to a phase in a video game. Sure, nobody would play a random offline PS2 game 18 years from now and go "Great, I can still enjoy this!", but the fact you straight up can't do that to mmos make them feel twice as fragile. Your investment is gone "soon". What you get out of that game is what you're doing in the moment. You're playing it for immediate gratification.

It's the idea behind everything we do, but for some reason in a MMO context it's just, painfully obvious.

Monsieur Guillotine

Jelly daddy
kiwifarms.net
It's a shame every time an MMO dies. I never once thought about getting back on Wildstar for years but the fact that it's impossible now is kind of upsetting.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/a1yp34/private_server/

In the case of MMOs, private servers are generally your go-to when either the game doesn't exist anymore, or it's in a later expansion. I played WoW's Burning Crusade expansion on a private server for a couple of months in late 2017 and had a good time. It was crawling with bot accounts, but it was something.

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hoenn fans are far more obnoxious and autistic than the Kanto genwunners. At least Kanto fans didn’t freak out over an IGN review.

Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Games should have stayed socially unacceptable and unpopular among the masses because we got better games and had to wade through less meaningless academic bullshit. Now we have to deal with every two-bit normie fucktard and idiotic trannies throwing tantrums about fucking everything and never. shutting. the. fuck. up.

I'll take the days where games were for only loser virgin nerds over this whine fest and hand wringing of weak, mentally invalid, hypocritical, individuals.

I'm going to drop a real hot take, Mass Effect 3 with EGM and such is the best in the series.
You still need an ending mod for it.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino