Unpopular Opinions about Video Games -

Sexyphobe

kiwifarms.net
Nier:Automata wasn't a bad game, but it's extremely overrated. If they focused more on developing its characters, and less on trying to fit in philosophical themes, it would have been much better.

Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout was an enjoyable game. Same with several of the games AVGN reviews.

Microsoft games this gen get a bad rap. They don't have the production values of Sony's games, and while since 2016 they haven't had many AAA games, that shouldn't be a reason to downplay the games they do have. State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 in particular were really enjoyable.

Quantum Break can stand with Sony's best. The TV portion didn't add much, but I can appreciate them trying something different. Game play was great, and story was fantastic.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
World of Warcraft, even in its vanilla form, was mediocre and people give it way too much slack for its reliance on 3rd party plugins for basic MMO quality of life features.
While this is true, you have to remember that all WoW had to do (it was 2004) was "not be as shitty as Everquest" which it did, in fact, do.

Just the leveling curve and a lack of a real death penalty were enough to make it the "best MMO to date" at that time.

• Agree
Reactions: Safir

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
Nier:Automata wasn't a bad game, but it's extremely overrated. If they focused more on developing its characters, and less on trying to fit in philosophical themes, it would have been much better.

Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout was an enjoyable game. Same with several of the games AVGN reviews.

Microsoft games this gen get a bad rap. They don't have the production values of Sony's games, and while since 2016 they haven't had many AAA games, that shouldn't be a reason to downplay the games they do have. State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 in particular were really enjoyable.

Quantum Break can stand with Sony's best. The TV portion didn't add much, but I can appreciate them trying something different. Game play was great, and story was fantastic.
Quantum Break was a Remedy game, MS only published it, so MS’s record this gen is pretty much shit for internal development.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: The Last Stand

AsbestosFlaygon

Get raped Tetra.
kiwifarms.net
They overproduced the 3DS models so they would be future proof and now they're claiming it's too much work to move them over. I see why people are annoyed.
Oh, I don't disagree with it, I just feel the drama's lost focused and turned into a bit of a temper tantrum over Game Freak as a whole. Honestly thought it was clear from my post, but I'll admit looking at it again it's not worded well, should probably have given it a rewrite before posting it.

AVGN isn't really a review show, it's a comedy show, he doesn't do reviews on games purely because they're bad, in particular I know he's mentioned this in particular with Castlevania 2. Also episodes like Seaman, Earthbound, or going a bit older Super Mario Bros 3 all come to mind as episodes where he's doing them purely them for fun, not because they're bad.

Dom Cruise

How to do it
kiwifarms.net
Oh, I got a good one.

Resident Evil 4 is one of the most overrated games ever made.

Now don't get me wrong, it's a great game, just not a very good Resident Evil game, it's a horror flavored action game rather than a true horror game, for that reason REmake is the best game to bear the "Resident Evil" name if you ask me.

I was also very disappointed in the story, remember when 4 was first announced it was about Leon infiltrating the headquarters of Umbrella in order to take them down for good, instead the final game wound up completely a side story about parasites and Spanish cults and I was just disappointed, I honestly wish the older "Hook Man" version is what we got instead.

And while it's easy to see why everyone was so blown away by the game when it originally released, as I was, when I replayed it in 2014 I found that a lot of the graphical luster had been lost and along with it a lot of what made the game so intense and exciting in the first place.

So yeah, good game but I do think people overrate it, I actually liked the recent Resident Evil 2 remake better because while it had some modern conventions like over the shoulder camera and precision aiming, it was still very faithful to the old school survival horror mechanics.

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
Yeah but MS still completely funded it, and own the IP. That would be like saying Spider-Man isn't a Sony game but an Insomniac game.
No, it’s like saying that Microsoft paid for it and owns the IP, but Remedy created and developed it, which they did.

MS internal dev is a big wet fart this Gen, just take the L.

• Dislike
Reactions: Vault Boy
P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
The Toejam and Earl sequel, Panic on Funkotron was a lot more fun than the original roguelike game. I just think it worked better as a quirky platformer.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
As 3edgy5me as DmC: DMC was and how the game was an amalgamation of shitty Hot Topic trends, I think the soundtrack was legitimately good.

Mr Sister

it's sick, it's piss
kiwifarms.net
My least popular opinion is definitely that I enjoyed fallout 76 more than 4, and 4 more than 3. Recently played new vegas though, and it does feel like a cut ahead of all the others. Tried giving 3 another chance earlier this year, and fucking GOT STUCK jumping on geometry before even getting out of the vault

The 8 of Spades

Don't Fail To Ask Me What ꋖꁝꊿꈜꑀ ꒦ꊿ꒐ꏳꑀꈜ Are Saying.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My least popular opinion is definitely that I enjoyed fallout 76 more than 4, and 4 more than 3. Recently played new vegas though, and it does feel like a cut ahead of all the others. Tried giving 3 another chance earlier this year, and fucking GOT STUCK jumping on geometry before even getting out of the vault
Todd, this is getting really old. We're not buying your game.

Loopy Lew

kiwifarms.net
I find Skyrim incredibly boring. The only time I had fun in the game was when I actually thought dragons were dangerous and spent a while darting around the forest and eventually jumping off a waterfall in order to get away from it.

That was the first day I played it.

Every day after that was incredibly boring.

Also I prefer when Bethesda games paused the universe when you talked to someone, and zoomed in close to their face.

I Love Beef

WHEN I GROW UP, I'M GOING TO BOVINE UNIVERSITY
kiwifarms.net
This is probably very unrelated and more of griping, but I think it warrants a post.

I'm really tired of hanging around video game crowds and active fandoms, be it online or offline. Maybe it's me, but I think a lot of people who are hardcore gamers have always been some of the most socially repulsive, cringiest, and bottomfeeding losers you could find. Honestly, you want to open up a new chapter on lolcows, name any community or go to your nearest game store, and strike up a conversation with some of the guys who hang around the place all afternoon, chances are you've come across a big one, and I'm not just talking about the fat.

Honestly, I don't have anything against video gamers who do enjoy it as a healthy hobby, but when it comes to geeks who make their franchise a lifestyle or who do use video games as an escape from personal self improvement to wallow in self pity, my experiences say to tell them to eat bullets in Minecraft for being such autistic faggots. That's great you don't like that series/company/franchise, can you shut the fuck up and be a rude autist somewhere else? And if they act so snarky and smart, then why are they still smug losers who are still sniffing their own egotistic farts at their parent's place? Don't even get me into how they do these things with shit like politics and race relations. Here on Kiwi Farms, we have every right to practice our freedom of speech. Elsewhere, if you jerk each other's dicks and curry enough favor, you can talk as much shit as you want with each other, unless you know, you're not in the circle. I honestly take more seriously people who outright say niggers and nips and are fervently dedicated to their country out on the net more than some bunch of closet faggot "progressive minded" geekass losers who pride some exceptional "omega wolf" loner standing tall bullshit while talking about how black people smell and how Japanese developers do drugs when they get to talk to another person of their color in secret. Even then, I only extend that exception to Kiwi Farms, because some people here aren't fucking stupid. Maybe. We'll see. At least you guys act sane, in someway or form.

So yeah, video gamer communities, unless they act cool or have changed their behaviors, go fuck yourselves and subscribe to Minecraft forever.