Unpopular Opinions about Video Games -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Aberforth

Master of headbutting
kiwifarms.net
I just can't seem to get into Oblivion. I feel like I am never progressing in terms of power, and the speech and lockpicking mini games suck. I am playing a mage, but despite the college being in the capital you can't join the guild there. I enjoyed Skyrim, despite it being a very wide but shallow pool. I was told that Morrowind and Oblivion were so much better but I'm not seeing it.
If you're playing it on PC, install Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. The fan made bug fixes would be a must, too. Ignore the horrible framerate indoors, it's Oblivion's way of saying it likes you.

Morrowind did lockpicking and speech better. By not having gimmicky minigames. Just a menu and skill checks.

Shield Breaker

^_^
kiwifarms.net
If you're playing it on PC, install Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. The fan made bug fixes would be a must, too. Ignore the horrible framerate indoors, it's Oblivion's way of saying it likes you.

Morrowind did lockpicking and speech better. By not having gimmicky minigames. Just a menu and skill checks.
Thanks.

I am getting used to it. Getting the recommendations from the mage guilds at the moment. The game is fun, if a bit clunky. Any tips on getting more gold?

Martys_not_smarty

You don't know what hard times are daddy.
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes when I play an old PC game I never tried before, I'll play the unpatched v1.00 release version of it. I like seeing how much of a broken piece of shit something shoved out the door can be.
Do yourself a favor then a try the 1.0 of VtM Redemption, first thing that happens when you leave the starting house is you falling through the world because they didn't program a floor.

Basil II

National Opthalmologist of Bulgaria
kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna say, I don't find Atlantica to be that bad in Kingdom Hearts 2. Then again, I love rhythm games, so that may be a part of why I enjoy it. I find it to be a sort of 'break world', like 100 Acre Wood.
Atlantica is more cringy than anything like imagine being a teenage boy and your dad walks in on you playing as an anime character singing with ariel.

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

In conclusion, hoes mad
kiwifarms.net
Xbox achievements/PlayStation trophies may have meant well, but they have spawned autistic gaming subcultures that have become cancerous.
I fell into trophy and achievement hunting and did the pro membership on true achievements and all that shit for a time. I had a 300 day plus streak that only ended because I got heatstroke and ended up in the hospital.
I mean, I played horrible fucking shit just for the "ratio". Like Robocraft infinity. Telltale boring ass story mode shit. I subjected myself to Fatton Oswald's voice knowing he probably murdered his wife.
Did the monthlong Christmas bullshit ass quests for a forum badge.
Somehow I broke the addiction after a few more streaks.
I have finished two Apex legends battle passes which I guess replaced the trophy/cheevo hunts.

Overcooked Raccoon

Mildly interesting.
kiwifarms.net
Bayonetta 2 is far superior to Bayonetta 1 by a wide margin.

Bayonetta 1 is one of the most fucking infuriating games I have ever played. It's not tough but fair like Devil May Cry, it's just pure bullshit. Chapters V and XV are two of the most frustrating levels I've ever played in an action game, and they're the biggest reasons I don't touch the game that often. And it sucks because I like Bayonetta's combat; it feels good to hit things and the nearly endless combo list allows for virtually unlimited experimentation. It's just that chunks of the game are flat out unfair, like Chapter V spamming Grace and Glory (the worst enemies in the game in my opinion) and XV's endless parade of horseshit like Temperence's flash attack. And don't tell me to get good because I've beaten the game at least 3 times and I swear it gets worse with every playthrough.

Bayonetta 2 on the other hand is far more enjoyable for me. There are way fewer bullshit-hard moments and the difficulty curve is a lot more natural. The weapons are also a lot more varied and interesting to play around with, like the Kafka bow or Chernabog. I've seen people point out that the combat is a bit more simplified and I can agree with that but at least Bayonetta 2 doesn't make me want to drive my fist through the nearest wall.
Bayonetta 2 honestly as a whole is the better game just due to how much fun it is.

First off best Christmas game out of all them. Seeing shit like Rodin in a Santa outfit is just fucking beautiful. The whole game itself gives me a road trip vibe in the same sense Metal Gear Rising did. Like everywhere you're going some crazy shit is going on and it's amazing.

Then when you get to the actual gameplay the entire thing just feels good. The only part I remember being mildly annoying in Bayo 2 is the underwater phase with the giant manta ray demon, but like after that the game got up to speed. I can count on my two hands how many annoying things Bayo 1 had the more I played it. So much so I only picked certain chapters to play over doing the whole thing. When it got ported to Wii U through Bayo 2 I played it again and the Nintendo costumes def made it a better time.

I'm hoping the new combo pack with Vanquish gives me a chance to better play it because I can tell Bayo 1 is still a good game, just Bayo 2 eclipses it in every way. Also happy to see this shit in 4K because seeing that fluid motion on a better tv is gonna be nuts.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this is unpopular, but the Elder Scrolls lore community is seriously autistic. "Haha Pelinal was a cyborg swarmfoam haha c0da haha time traveling ninth era AI haha cringy Vivec roleplay, all this is as canon as the actual games". Kirkbride is a good writer, but when he's not reigned in the shit he writes is just obtuse nonsense. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd really prefer if a "thot-box" mining AI named KINMUNE wasn't canon to the Elder Scrolls lore, thanks.

These dudes jerk themselves raw over how the Elder Scrolls lore is unique because nothing is categorically true, but they sure do love to sperg out over Kirkbride's shit being 100% true and honest, like the Arcturian Heresy not being complete nonsense and sperging out over Cyrodiil not being a jungle simply being explained as a transcription error.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You would quit Morrowind after the first five minutes. You sound like a pleb, stick to Skyrim or Fallout 4.
Nah, Morrowind is a piece of shit, but it's a lovable piece of shit which makes it one of the best games of all time as long as you know what you're doing. Plus, it has the best environments in all of The Elder Scrolls. Here's a video that explains how to play Morrowind the right way:

CrystalRoserade

Local Weeb Translator
kiwifarms.net
Atlantica is more cringy than anything like imagine being a teenage boy and your dad walks in on you playing as an anime character singing with ariel.
Eh, understandable. Guess I didn't think of that.
Also, call me a weeb all you like, but Miyu Irino (Sora's Japanese voice actor) actually has a pretty nice singing voice. He did a full version of Under the Sea in one of the Koe no Oujisama albums, once.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
I don't really like arcade modes or time trials. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so those modes end up making me more frustrated than anything.

I won't fault a game for having them, in fact I think that sort of thing is really cool for people who enjoy beating their own records as well as the faster pace it provides than the campaign. I just don't enjoy them as much because I find them stressful rather than fun.