Unpopular Opinions about Video Games -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
How's this for an unpopular opinion, I enjoyed The Third and 4 more than the original and 2.

2's still a cool game, but I hate the original for some reason. Nothing about it felt "right", especially compared to GTA games.
Such shit taste.

Naw just fucking with ya. I feel ya on SR1, I can't get myself through it a second time.

• Optimistic
Reactions: The Last Stand

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
Such shit taste.

Naw just fucking with ya. I feel ya on SR1, I can't get myself through it a second time.
SR 1 is fun to look back on just for the hilarity of the dated gangsta style with you rolling up the legs on pants and people shooting their guns sideways and visors on the side of the head.

• Agree
Reactions: The Last Stand

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
SR 1 is fun to look back on just for the hilarity of the dated gangsta style with you rolling up the legs on pants and people shooting their guns sideways and visors on the side of the head.
You can get all that in GTA San Andreas, and it's a much better game to boot.

I don't want to seem like I'm picking on the game, but the original SR is so hollow compared to GTA and the rest of its series.

• Agree
Reactions: Stasi

Disheveled Human

Imagine Jerking off to Japanese mens art
kiwifarms.net
The Dark Souls series is not as hard as people make it out to be. It just requires a baseline level of competence, getting comfortable with the controls and game mechanics just like many other games. People who plug in 4 hours and think that 4 hours should be enough to steamroll a game are probably a zoomer or a games journalist.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Persona is now the main series and smt is the spin off.
Not so much opinion as it is fact.

*sigh*
The Dark Souls series is not as hard as people make it out to be. It just requires a baseline level of competence, getting comfortable with the controls and game mechanics just like many other games. People who plug in 4 hours and think that 4 hours should be enough to steamroll a game are probably a zoomer or a games journalist.
In other words, they're actually competently made games. Who knew?

Eric Salads

kiwifarms.net
People tend to get filtered out by the first real challenge they experience in games despite the fact that there are built in ways for them to overcome the challenge and win. For example, in Dark Souls 1 people got filtered by Blight Town despite the abundance of herbs available, the non-respawning toxic dart guys, and the shortcut everyone knows about. They also got stopped by Sens Funhouse which is just reliant on your ability to react and learn from mistakes, Capra Demon which you can literally ignore until you level up more when the fight becomes trivial, and Ornstein and Smough even with the massive amount of people attempting to coop there.

To give an example of another game, Devil May Cry 5, people gave up on the final boss despite having the ability to buy back into the fight severely lowering the boss HP, and having gold orbs which fully restore your health on death shoved into your face the entire game and for logging in. I can understand not wanting to use those things because it's cheap or whatever but then again I think that's better than just completely giving up and never trying to win the fight again.

The 3rd Hooligan

Emperor Crimson
kiwifarms.net
IV is considered a good game, Saints Row the Third is the one people hate.
What?

4 is just 3 with a gimmick

If you like doing the same stuff over and over again then maybe you like it, super powers while fun dont substitute good story, (boss is everyones bitch in this one) and you dont even use your shiny upgraded guns or cars because of them.

I loved SR2, even spent hours just messing around with customising cars and driving around randomly. But I've never played something I liked so much that tried so hard to make me hate it, with the completely unbalanced gameplay and glitches (such as the time I tried to go for the all jumps achievement, then found out right at the end that it hadn't counted the one I did in the prologue mission.)

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
What?

4 is just 3 with a gimmick

If you like doing the same stuff over and over again then maybe you like it, super powers while fun dont substitute good story, (boss is everyones bitch in this one) and you dont even use your shiny upgraded guns or cars because of them.
The writing in IV is seen as a major improvement over 3, it has a consistent tone. Also the super powers didn't make the story better, the was just better. The power don't make the gun obsolete either, they're used in tandem. Can't dispute cars, though.

Sexyphobe

kiwifarms.net
I hate Soulsborne games, just isn't a series I particularly like. But at the very least I can appreciate what Fromsoft were doing with challenging enemies and bosses, an inter-connecting map, depressing atmosphere and a story told through unconventional means. All cool stuff.

With that said, I avoid anything that's marketed as "Like Dark Souls/Bloodborne" not by Fromsoft, because it usually ditches everything that made Dark Souls interesting like stated above, everything except the weighted combat and movement (Aka roll and attack) but with bad balance and variety.

Book Thievery

Literature Liberator
kiwifarms.net
I think people who complain about lives and want them gone forever just suck at video games and are looking for excuses to explain away their suckitude (lol games journos). Lives exist as a skill-gate mechanic. If you can't finish a game without suffering a Game Over, then you, good sir or madam, need to Git Gud.

This isn't to say that lives should be in every game. Lives have a time and a place just like any tool. RPGs, for example, are a no-go for lives. But platformers or arcade genres like shmups and beat-em-ups? They can absolutely be a part of it, and anyone who whines about it can just suck it up like those of us who played games in the pre-2000's era of gaming.