Unpopular Opinions about Video Games -

Elric of Melnibone

kiwifarms.net
Borderlands series isn't very fun and its playerbase is filled with dipshits.

Levels cause guns/weapons to scale ridiculously exponentially, to the point to where you have to re-grind your entire gear set every 5 levels or 2 OP levels in order to actually shoot bullets not made of styrofoam. TVMH and UVHM's "difficulty" increase is lazy, and when combined with the stupid scaling, slag is a prerequisite for UVHM, slag buff doesn't help either. Lategame, there's only a small set of weapons that are actually viable to use. Vast majority of late gameplay where you don't die within a few seconds and don't take a minute to kill a common enemy is the same cookie cutter Gunzerker build.

BL3's story is absolutely atrocious, shoehorning in characters that only serve more harm than good (Ava), constant asspulls throughout the story, and dialougue that seems like its from BL2. Same problem with weapons happen in BL3, except there's no slag and there's a fairly higher amount of health tanks, especially with the addition with annointed enemies, which aren't uncommon late game, with slag being removed. Torgue shotguns are pretty much the only viable option for extreme sponges. Skills haven't improved much since BL2/TPS, with some skills being nearly identical to BL2 skills. When it came out on Steam, the playerbase caves in, even after they made a big stink over Pitchford making it Epic exclusive, praising the game for finally being available outside of Epic, scolding Pitchford for making the deal with Sweeney (while ironically enough giving him money by buying the game), 66 thousand people playing at the moment, it's disgusting. Game still has Denuvo by the way.
Vast majority of the artwork section is nothing but Moxxi erotica, mediocre memes, and "Yay BL3 is now on Steam!!!, completely lacking any self awareness.
View attachment 1187065
I liked borderlands 1 and 2, but knew the series was in trouble with TPS. The bitch at the beginning says all you need to know about the "writing" of the series from that point forward. She is Jainy sprockets, who is a lesbian, which means she only eats snatch, that means she is not into doods, which is kind of her quirky way of saying female characters are her thing, males are ew gross. Hey did you know that that aussie character was an alphabet person? me either, turns out shes gay. God I fucking hated every min of playing TPS, all 120 of them as I never finished it, it was just a forced inclusion to my BL2 complete edition on PS4. What I am saying is Jainy is a lesbian.

José Mourinho

The Special One
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shiny Pokemon are just glorified palette swaps.
As far as I know, back then Gen 2's shiny Pokemon are determined by its stats in which that all of the stats must be very high to get a shiny which can be very valuable. Nowadays this is thrown off and shiny Pokemon are just regular Pokemon but just with lame graphical changes. Either way, seeing people wasting their time trying to search the wild literally thousands of times to find one (Which you can spend the same amount of time learning a new language or a new skill or even beating another game) is just strange for me.

Last edited:
I liked borderlands 1 and 2, but knew the series was in trouble with TPS. The bitch at the beginning says all you need to know about the "writing" of the series from that point forward. She is Jainy sprockets, who is a lesbian, which means she only eats snatch, that means she is not into doods, which is kind of her quirky way of saying female characters are her thing, males are ew gross. Hey did you know that that aussie character was an alphabet person? me either, turns out shes gay. God I fucking hated every min of playing TPS, all 120 of them as I never finished it, it was just a forced inclusion to my BL2 complete edition on PS4. What I am saying is Jainy is a lesbian.
That sounds...still less annoying than BL2 Claptrap.

CaboLaptas65

kiwifarms.net
As far as I know, back then Gen 2's shiny Pokemon are determined by its stats in which that all of the stats must be very high to get a shiny which can be very valuable. Nowadays this is thrown off and shiny Pokemon are just regular Pokemon but just with lame graphical changes. Either way, seeing people wasting their time trying to search the wild literally thousands of times to find one (Which you can spend the same amount of time learning a new language or a new skill or even beating another game)
Why they felt the need to strip away high stats when the franchise moved on, I don't even know....

CaboLaptas65

kiwifarms.net
Adding on to that, Source engine games have a style and feel to them that other engines lack. Closest engine that could replicate it is Unreal Engine 2.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
As far as I know, back then Gen 2's shiny Pokemon are determined by its stats in which that all of the stats must be very high to get a shiny which can be very valuable. Nowadays this is thrown off and shiny Pokemon are just regular Pokemon but just with lame graphical changes. Either way, seeing people wasting their time trying to search the wild literally thousands of times to find one (Which you can spend the same amount of time learning a new language or a new skill or even beating another game) is just strange for me.
I had no less than three shinies from regular gameplay on my physical Silver cartridge before the internal battery died, that weren't the Red Gyarados. Yet none of my Pokemon were ever infected by Pokerus.

CrystalRoserade

Local Weeb Translator
kiwifarms.net
I had no less than three shinies from regular gameplay on my physical Silver cartridge before the internal battery died, that weren't the Red Gyarados. Yet none of my Pokemon were ever infected by Pokerus.
I've only stumbled on like one shiny in a gen 2 game and it wasn't even a licensed nintendo product (It was a ROM of that shittily translated pokemon crystal, vietnamese crystal.)
Wasn't even intending to find it since I was working on leveling up one of my pokemon.

Psyduck

You are a faggot too
kiwifarms.net
Still can't get over my disappointment of the Shin Megami Tensei series, their story, especifically.

It sounds extremely intriguing on paper, what with all these references to different deities from various cultures, going so far as putting fucking God and Satan in. On paper though, it's another cliché "Humanity vs Godhood" story very commonly seen in JRPGs.

Not saying they're bad games per se, but i feel ripped off a little, it was not the experience i hoped for. I wanted an ambiguous, larger than life type of setting similar to a Lovecraftian type of story, where both God and Lucifer's motives are far too complex for humanity to understand, no objective good or bad side, just a clash of two divine forces using humanity as their pawn, as such is their inescapable purpose.

Instead it's
  • God = Lawful Evil
  • Lucifer = Chaotic Evil
  • Random Asian figure = Neutral
It's made so damn obvious that only the Neutral route will lead to the one satisfying ending, too.

Also sick of this JRPG final boss trope:

"Oh my heaven! The final enemy is made out of all the evil/fear/sorrow/lust/loneliness of humanity!"

"DON'T YOU SEE? AS LONG AS THERE IS EVIL/FEAR/SORROW/LUST/LONELINESS IN HUMANS, I WILL CONTINUE TO EXIST!"

"And we will continue to fight then, final enemy!"

Goddamn

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
Also sick of this JRPG final boss trope:

"Oh my heaven! The final enemy is made out of all the evil/fear/sorrow/lust/loneliness of humanity!"

"DON'T YOU SEE? AS LONG AS THERE IS EVIL/FEAR/SORROW/LUST/LONELINESS IN HUMANS, I WILL CONTINUE TO EXIST!"

"And we will continue to fight then, final enemy!"
This is like, the entire fucking plot of Kingdom Hearts. Not even just the final boss either, it permeates every important conversation in the game.

Reactions: Martys_not_smarty

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I've only stumbled on like one shiny in a gen 2 game and it wasn't even a licensed nintendo product (It was a ROM of that shittily translated pokemon crystal, vietnamese crystal.)
Wasn't even intending to find it since I was working on leveling up one of my pokemon.
One was a female Corsola when I was fishing for Corsola, another was a Goldeen while I was surfing inside Mt. Mortar on my way to Mahogany Town for the first time, and the other one was a Swinub inside the Ice Path while I was riding around Johto to hatch eggs because going up and down inside Goldenrod City gets real old real quick. Good times, good times.

Dopey Cunt

Back by popular demand.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pokemon GO is garbage. If I wanted to play a pokemon game I would just play a pokemon game and not a mobile game made to empty the pockets of casual asshats who play it.

Kingdom Hearts is trite, generic bullshit with it's only hook being the fact that it has Disney and Final Fantasy characters in it to try and take attention off how boring the main protagonist, his friends, and all the original characters are (with the only exception being Aqua).

Streets Of Rage 4 is not better than it's predecessors. I don't like the art style (they shoulda just stuck to pixel art). They decided to throw in a Jax knockoff on steroids and I don't like juggling mechanics in a beat 'em up. The only things they got right was the music and that's because they actually brought in the original composer from the previous 3 games to do some of it and the fact that you can catch the weapons that you throw at enemies after it bounces off them and then throw them again. Also they made Axel look like a fucking homeless bum who rolled out of his cardboard box to fight bad guys.

Pokemon Sword and Shield had shite story and everyone already knows by now that the games were made with such little care and were rushed. The main "villain" is not compelling at all and after you beat him he just kind of rolls over and falls off the face of the planet along with his side piece. They throw in some really unlikeable cunt of a kid who's also supposed to be your rival and they give the possibility of some good story telling with him but just like the utter fucking disappointment that is Troy from BL3, it's completely wasted and falls flat on it's face. There's only a tiny handful of characters that are actually decent and the battling is really the only real good thing about the game. Sword and Shield is like the Borderlands 3 of the Pokemon franchise. Colosseum and XD were a hundred times more enjoyable both gameplay and story wise. Also, it never gets old pointing out the fucking mouse in the ending credits and watching people's reaction to it. Yes, they couldn't even be bothered to fix that or you know...not allow it be in the final retail version of the game to begin with.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Fast travel in Skyrim is bad. Previous games like Morrowind gave the player in-universe fast travel between major cities but the players still needed to travel in the world and that way they found all kinds of cool side quests.
In Skyrim because the game world is massive, barren and doesn't really reward exploration the fast travel is necessary so the players won't get bored.

Sigma

Eighteen Inches
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kingdom Hearts is trite, generic bullshit with it's only hook being the fact that it has Disney and Final Fantasy characters in it to try and take attention off how boring the main protagonist, his friends, and all the original characters are (with the only exception being Aqua).
Ok, waifufag

Dopey Cunt

Back by popular demand.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ok, waifufag
She's only slightly less boring than everyone else and it has nothing to do with the fact that she's female or whatever. I'm talking about her character and only because I feel like she'd gotten just a little more extra time in the spotlight than the other two fags she was teamed with.

Sigma

Eighteen Inches
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She's only slightly less boring than everyone else and it has nothing to do with the fact that she's female or whatever. I'm talking about her character and only because I feel like she'd gotten just a little more extra time in the spotlight than the other two fags she was teamed with.
I do think most of the characters in the series kind of suck but at least somebody like Roxas could be considered interesting. Also out of the BBS three stooges, I found Terra the most interesting while Aqua was the most bland of the three. Hence the waifuing.

Reactions: Agent Nahman Jayden

Dopey Cunt

Back by popular demand.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do think most of the characters in the series kind of suck but at least somebody like Roxas could be considered interesting. Also out of the BBS three stooges, I found Terra the most interesting while Aqua was the most bland of the three. Hence the waifuing.
There's the possibility that they gave her some extra care only because she was popular. I would have liked Terra more than her only if he didn't get downgraded to just being some bad guy's cocksleeve. I did really like the bit where his armor was a boss.

I dunno what happened with them since. I just didn't give enough of a shit about any of the games or the characters enough to even fart in KH3's general direction. I heard it was also terrible.