Unpopular Opinions about Video Games -

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
Adults playing Pokemon is generally pretty pathetic. Video games are not a big-brained hobby but at least play one that isn't designed for somebody under the age of 10. Pokemon has the mechanical depth of a puddle and anybody old enough to be on the internet without supervision should be grown out of Pokemon.
At least do some kind of challenge run of an old one, and don't be one of those spergs who buys the new ones every single time. That said, I think even the romhacks and challenge runs are pretty gay. It's like reading a Spongebob novel but they changed the vocabulary a bit here and there.

Massively Strong Greed

Thanks for the money, dummy!
kiwifarms.net
Adults playing Pokemon is generally pretty pathetic. Video games are not a big-brained hobby but at least play one that isn't designed for somebody under the age of 10. Pokemon has the mechanical depth of a puddle and anybody old enough to be on the internet without supervision should be grown out of Pokemon.
At least do some kind of challenge run of an old one, and don't be one of those spergs who buys the new ones every single time. That said, I think even the romhacks and challenge runs are pretty gay. It's like reading a Spongebob novel but they changed the vocabulary a bit here and there.
Clover is fun as fuck though, and pretty challenging. But yeah, when I play a main series game, I try to speed through it by using only one shitmon in battle (for example, Emerald with only a Beautifly).

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Eh, I may revisit Red or Blue one of these days with the bugs modded out for the sake of nostalgia.

But yeah, a lot of adults who are super into Pokémon I feel need to branch out to more complex and mature games.

Last edited:

KingofNothing

Wahoo!
kiwifarms.net
Eh, I may revisit Red or Blue one of these days with the bugs modded out one of these days for the sake of nostalgia.

But yeah, a lot of adults who are super into Pokémon I feel need to branch out to more complex and mature games.
I mean if you want that, you should just boot up FireRed or LeafGreen.

Vapid_Idiot

kiwifarms.net
Last of Us 2 was better than Last of Us 1. People who were bitching about it just wanted clout. The anti-sjw crowd is just as bad as the sjw crowd. They are just faggots like Razorfist who shit on games without playing them because they formulate their opinions to appease their fanbases for views. Don't take any of those cucks seriously and try games for yourself before listening to those grifters.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
The Canadian Government owns lost media both relating to Mario and Sonic, and I really don't want it to stay lost especially since one of the items is a Mario game that was officially converted into a sonic game. And when the dev went out of business any and all assets made were returned to the Canadian Government since they used art grants. This happened in the 90's so it's when both series were at the height of their popularity.

This has nothing to do with the Canceled Sonic SatAM game that also existed, that's a whole different thing. I'm also really kind of hoping that Mania 2 references the archie comics because that would cause an autistic shitstorm.

Fallout 76 isnt bad with its unique monsters, locations and less grind than the typical MMOs.
I honestly never encountered big bugs in Skyrim, Fallout: NV and Bethesda's Fallouts. I never had anything people are showing off as examples of games being raw. Maybe there were balancing issues but I never noticed them.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fallout 76 isnt bad with its unique monsters, locations and less grind than the typical MMOs.
I honestly never encountered big bugs in Skyrim, Fallout: NV and Bethesda's Fallouts. I never had anything people are showing off as examples of games being raw. Maybe there were balancing issues but I never noticed them.
Most bugs in vanilla Fallout/ES are things like CTDs and quest stages not completing. Most of the really wacky stuff that people make meme compilations of isn't Bethesda's fault but rather idiots installing bad/incompatible mods then being surprised when the engine blows up.

Book Thief

Please send help.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Despite the fact that Shenmue's critical path requires a lot of standing around waiting for things to happen, and the lack of side-activities to keep you occupied in the meantime, I still think it holds up today.

Yes, even the part where you get a part-time job to move crates around with a forklift.

Indian J.C denton

Hi I am indian glowie please sen bob and vag
kiwifarms.net
CS:GO is virtually unplayable for noobs. You get killed instantly then spend most of each round spectating.
This but with battlefield 1 except it's leveling up cough cough.. the hellrigel cough cough seriously whoever thought it was a good idea to make one of the most op guns in bf1 A FUCKING LEVEL 10 assault class WEAPON and not to mention half the servers using it making it impossible to even level up can rape themselves for I care

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
Western gaming was only good when developers actually cared about pc
Honestly, most of the best games I've owned are from Japanese companies - not because I ever favored them intentionally, but coincidentally most just end up being - I think Japan just tends to make better games for whatever reason (for that matter, Japanese companies were always the major industry pioneers with exclusively Western companies like Microsoft/Xbox arriving later to the scene).

Dark Emporer Dood

I exist
kiwifarms.net
Dunno if this is unpopular or not... but when indie games aren't interactive art exhibitions, they're often shallow bootlegs of old games. I'm tired of every indie racing game being an inferior Outrun knock-off.
I think Japan just tends to make better games for whatever reason
Depends on the genre imo, but I think that a lot of that comes from their experience with arcade games, arcade games have to compete for one anothers quarters 24/7 by virtue of being in the same room. Western titles either ape one another too much (I mean look at all of the current games that steal Overwatchs MENUS!), or they ape Hollywood films.

And to tie all of this together I want to clarify that copying is okay, but it only works when you draw from a variety of inspirations and you're not afraid to say spot faults and attempt to fix them in your work. If you just blindly copy Rattetouie you'll end up with Rattatoing.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
(for that matter, Japanese companies were always the major industry pioneers with exclusively Western companies like Microsoft/Xbox arriving later to the scene).
I would disagree with that, I think it's pretty evenly divided. Video games themselves comes from the west and things that are often seen as a Japanese thing, like RPGs, were built around western RPGs ideas and concepts. Japan seemed to love the first person dungeon crawlers and those can be traced back to Akalabeth from 1979. Spergy simulations and tycoon-style games came from the west just like first person shooters, third person shooters, online games and so on. You could even argue that the original Wolfenstein was the ur-Metal Gear. It would be stupid to do that but in an autistic slapfight it is certainly viable.

Vapid_Idiot

kiwifarms.net
Despite the fact that Shenmue's critical path requires a lot of standing around waiting for things to happen, and the lack of side-activities to keep you occupied in the meantime, I still think it holds up today.

Yes, even the part where you get a part-time job to move crates around with a forklift.
I finished 1 & 2 a few months ago, and they were incredibly fun. I don't agree with people who say they have aged horribly.

Book Thief

Please send help.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I finished 1 & 2 a few months ago, and they were incredibly fun. I don't agree with people who say they have aged horribly.
I'm currently in the middle of 2, and I'm honestly having a blast. I've heard some negative things about 3, but I'll go into it with an open mind once I get to it.

Really, what it boils down to is that a lot of people don't realize how innovative Sega games were during their hardware days. Since Nintendo and Sony effectively "won" that era of the console wars, all of the innovative ideas that made their games stand out have since been copied and improved upon so much that when people come back to revisit these titles they missed out on the first time, they're unaware of how ground-breaking the games were at the time of their release, and so used to games that have improved upon Sega's innovations that they wind up focusing solely on the games' flaws.

What Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time did for 3D Platformers and Action games respectively, Shenmue did for open-world sandbox games. Sure, these games have since been surpassed by superior titles, but we have to admire the boldness it took to experiment with new ideas during 3D gaming's infancy.

I'd abeeb bear

Special Slam Poetry Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Half Life 1, and especially 2, ruined FPS for years and it's only recently recovering with indie titles. Think of how many games now force you to watch cutscenes you can't skip because you're supposed to be "immersed" in them. The 2000s were especially fucked over because every game after HL2 had to follow that formula to some degree.

Also, both games have shit guns, and dull level design.

inb4 "muh physics engine"