Unpopular views about music -

Truthspeaker

Walking that line between victim and ex-lover
kiwifarms.net
Every other song of his I've heard was complete excrement, and he got Allmusic to pull his discography from the site for as far as I can tell no reason but pettiness, but "Run to You" by Bryan Adams is still a legit good song.

I've no intention to ever see if there's more than one good Bryan Adams song, barring a monetization of the effort; but one good song is still better than the zero number of good songs I've heard from other major acts (Nickelback, Maroon 5, Meghan Trainor, Iggy Azalea, Bush, Bon Jovi, 2 Live Crew, Chris Brown), and I don't think there's a reason to let even the lamests of musicians escape praise when they do something right.

After all, Chris Brown'll deserve all the praise in the world when he finally has the decency to die in an auto-erotic asphyxiation accident.

Truthspeaker

kiwifarms.net
Had anyone heard of that Billie Eilish girl.
Damn she is pretentious. Any farmer who is her fans that could tell me why is she a thing besides the fact that she got rich parents?
Her brother is a professional musician.

But he was pretty young when he got his own big break, so I was gonna tell you I didn't have answers after that. Then I found out her brother was on the last season of Glee, which was filmed and aired before the release of "Ocean Eyes", so now I've found it out: Brother Finneas let Ol' Gay Pappa Murphy feel up his asshole in the back of a windowless van.*

Please note that this by no means limits the amount of molestings responsible for Billie Eilish's career to just Murphy. As of now, he's just the most obvious perp.

* Which Murphy borrowed from Dan Schneider in exchange for a stolen pair of Dianna Agron's shoes and socks

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
Damn she is pretentious. Any farmer who is her fans that could tell me why is she a thing besides the fact that she got rich parents?
Man, I hate hearing about Billie Eilish. It's like everywhere I go, there she is! I log onto YouTube, she's eating chicken wings! I understand she's popular but can we tone it down just a smudge so I don't have to worry about seeing her googly eyes pop up! every place I visit.

Clockwork_PurBle

"I got a B+ in lurking!"
kiwifarms.net
There's only like one Billie Ellish song I like, maybe two.

I know 0 about her other than she looks like a Halsey-type but with longer hair.

Well Orbison's is technically the original. There is not one version of this song I don't like.
Really? I thought it was Celine Dion.

Spatula

delete your twitter.
kiwifarms.net
Billie is one of those artificially pushed singers for no apparent reason other than they have money and they can.
Nothing personal against the kid, but it's not like she has a majestic voice and she doesn't even write her songs.
I kinda feel bad for her because the industry is going to wear her out pretty quickly.

MadDamon

MAD DAMON
kiwifarms.net
Billie is one of those artificially pushed singers for no apparent reason other than they have money and they can.
Nothing personal against the kid, but it's not like she has a majestic voice and she doesn't even write her songs.
I kinda feel bad for her because the industry is going to wear her out pretty quickly.
Wait, I thought she wrote, or at least partake in writing, the songs she sings.
But yeah, even as pretentious as she is in the public, I couldn't help but feel like this is just something her PR team told her to do, to be the new uwu tumblr girl.
Will this girl be the new age Britney, letting fame destory her entire life? No. But she is still used up and probably disappear in 1 or 2 years, and when she realise she is no longer relevant, oh boy what would it do to her mental state when she had been paraded as the voice of the generation © just 1 year before.

Spatula

delete your twitter.
kiwifarms.net
But yeah, even as pretentious as she is in the public, I couldn't help but feel like this is just something her PR team told her to do, to be the new uwu tumblr girl.
Will this girl be the new age Britney, letting fame destory her entire life? No. But she is still used up and probably disappear in 1 or 2 years, and when she realise she is no longer relevant, oh boy what would it do to her mental state when she had been paraded as the voice of the generation © just 1 year before.
She already looks miserable

Truthspeaker

kiwifarms.net
It's incredibly cynical, but I've seen it happen enough times to where I automatically assume if someone is young and hot in the pop-music industry, bud didn't have wealthy parents, that they got their career by putting out for some creepy old man.

Kesha admitted it happenedwith Dr. Luke, and she was far from the only hot young woman to wind up an underling for him; Li'l Wayne Did it with Birdman; Young Thug didn't admit to anything as horiffying as fucking a fourteen-year-old girl in front of Birdman when he was eleven, but he had to've let that creepy old queen into his junk to receive the kind of loyalty he got; almost every man or boy who took off with Transcon Records had to shoot an orgasm into Lou Pearlman's mouth.

Billie Eilish -- and her brother, given that he got his break from Ryan "I thought you said you wanted the part!" Murphy -- can't help but invite suspicion. The mask's long been shattered. Even flyover cows in Iowa know how shady the entertainment industry is, and the steps that've been taken to heal the wounds have been half-measures at best.

The pop-music industry has always bullshitted about how much popular artists contributed to the songs they're credited as writing. Sure, sometimes you get the real deal, like Paul McCartney and Prince and Lady Gaga and John Mayer; but do you really think someone like Beyoncé did any real lifting on the songwriting or producing on any record she ever released when she can't even talk in an interview without sounding less articulate than Cletus the Slack-jawed Yokel?

I'd be surprised if Billie Eilish was that bad. For one, she doesn't need nearly as many co-wrirers as Beyoncé. But she's not inviting suspicion for no reason, and unlike Gaga or McCartney, I've yet to see any kind of really impressive musical display from her.

I'd be happy to see it if it's out there, but in my experience, it's very rare to find someone who can perform, write, and who's attractive enough to meet the demands of pop superstardom, especially at such a young age.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Rosy Cheeked Tax Investigator
kiwifarms.net
Spotify keeps hard advertising her new album for some reason. I have never heard a single one of her songs, but the Tumblresque vibe of the song titles is reason enough for me to dislike her:

LifeguardHermit

Ain tit A luuuuuuuuvly moenin?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While hiphop has roots in other genres and actually is a very expansive genre with many neat subgenres itself: rap is unequivocally the least valuable and listenable genre. Tibetan throat singing/any tribal music has more musical relevancy than any rap song ever produced.

Also trap and dubstep are the products of insanely boring people that have less "talent" than the average popstar. Its like someone looked at the worst available house music and edm then said to themselves "I can do worse".

FadeIntoBolivian

kiwifarms.net
Trap music (as in southern street rap) used to be amazing until 2014 or so but has seemingly been stagnant since then. Rap in general until recently I've felt has been music that sounds radically different every 5 years or so - compare a popular rap song from 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2010 etc... and it's hard to make the case that it wasn't the most dynamic and innovating force in pop music from a strictly musical standpoint.

The ever increasing internet-ification of the world of music basically means that regional phenomenons in musical style within the USA are becoming a thing of the past, and everything is just kind of merging into this never ending sludge of somber sounding 808 drum tracks with people listlessly mumbling about the amount of drugs they do, how they fuck hoes but get no fulfilment from it, etc. Looking back at some dancier 00's rap songs from Atlanta that even rap fans shit all over at the time for not being lyrical enough for how popular they were, they seem waaaay better in retrospect just for having some semblance of melody or joy, and instrumentals that legit sound weird.

When a rapper does come out with something novel or interesting, it's certain to be driven into the ground by repetition and wave-jumpers with a quickness, or the artist will simply fade into the background within 12 months as the next flavor of the month with more colorful face tattoos emerges on the scene.

Of course, another thing I resolutely believe to be true about rap is that rap fandom across generations peaks at 16-22, and whoever you liked during that time in your life will always be your favorites, as you drift further out of touch into adulthood and bemoan how there's no good music anymore. As those before me pontificated on "Man, back in the day, we had fuckin' Wu Tang, Biggie, Tupac, Tribe Called Quest, Nas.. the music /meant/ something", so will I say to the next generations, "Man, you don't get it, TI, Gucci Mane, and Young Jeezy in 2006 were like living gods"

Cause I mean really, what the fuck do I look like at 27, like I'm gonna be jumping around in a club to Lil Pump or Old Town Road with 19 year olds?

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
Jethro Tull's 90s albums are usually derided as being subpar to their earlier output and focus on Ian Anderson's "declining" vocals.

Those albums are some of my favorites from their entire discography, Roots to Branches and Crest of a Knave in particular, and Ian's vocals sound perfectly fine to me.

Reactions: Slick Willy
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino