Unpopular views about music -

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
Good Charlotte were a competent enough pop rock band in the mid 2000's. I think they tried a comeback but leaned heavy into trying to be "punk rock" and it blew dog, but they were a solid enough radio band at one point.

• Agree
Reactions: yasscat

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Country gets a bad rap, there are some really god damn catchy songs in that genre
Would tentatively agree with the latter half of that actually. I'm just not a fan of modern "rockabilly" country on the whole for a number of reasons. I actually DO like a fair amount of older country. (Fallout: New Vegas kind of reignited that for me in a way.)

Unpopular view(?): A fair amount of rap occupies an awkward spot between some kind of slam poetry and music and doesn't really slot into either very well, sometimes because the rapper has no idea how to turn his lines into something actually musical sounding via tone, inflection etc. Getting the rhymes down is the easy part, I think.
EDIT: Also, dude, we get it, you think you're awesome. You talking about what a hard-ass pussy-slayer you are is the most goddamn boring thing in the world.

plgfarts

one fart smeller, he smelt fart
kiwifarms.net
Country gets a bad rap, there are some really god damn catchy songs in that genre
DUDE. I've never been a country fan. But my current SO's parents love it. I've had so many of those songs stuck in my head for the last year.

It's slowly driving me to the point of insanity.

Unpopular view: Pink Floyd's "The Final Cut" is their best work.
Unpopular view(?): A fair amount of rap occupies an awkward spot between some kind of slam poetry and music and doesn't really slot into either very well, sometimes because the rapper has no idea how to turn his lines into something actually musical sounding via tone, inflection etc. Getting the rhymes down is the easy part, I think.
EDIT: Also, dude, we get it, you think you're awesome. You talking about what a hard-ass pussy-slayer you are is the most goddamn boring thing in the world.
Agreed 100%

BenevolenceInDenial

Who are you to wave your finger?
kiwifarms.net
80's were so bad, even bands that managed to put out a good record with 80's sound, utilizing the best it had to offer, at times succumbed to the 80's stank and sounded more "aged" than the 70's.

GlueAsLube

Live. Or don’t.
kiwifarms.net
Billie eilish has no talent and her songs are unoriginal
My sister had tried to explain how “deep” her songs were. I listened and it just seemed like generic shit you could find on sound cloud easily. Maybe there’s appeal somewhere, but I don’t see how she got so famous for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
My sister had tried to explain how “deep” her songs were. I listened and it just seemed like generic shit you could find on sound cloud easily. Maybe there’s appeal somewhere, but I don’t see how she got so famous for it.
How young is your sister? The general opinion I'm finding is that Eilish appeals to teenagers.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino