Unpopular views about music -

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
I love "dadrock" unironically.

Classic Rock is the best, and while some good came out of Alternative Rock, I honestly think that the rise of Alternative Rock did more than anything else to kill rock music in the late 2000's and 2010's.
As I grow older I always find myself drawn to more classic music; regardless of the genre or era. The issue I feel hurts is that there are too many fans that take stuff too seriously. Which makes it impossible for new and upcoming acts to break out of the mold without fear of the fan base shitting on them.

Token Weeaboo

Honest people don't need to remember anything
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a fan of that hip-hop, Rap, R&B type of stuff. I like paying attention to lyrics over the general beats and how loud my bass gets. I haven't come across many exceptions in this genera, but "where'd you go" by fort minor and "Where's the love" by black eye peas are two of the few that I have found that I actually like.

Reactions: Yotsubaaa

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a fan of that hip-hop, Rap, R&B type of stuff. I like paying attention to lyrics over the general beats and how loud my bass gets. I haven't come across many exceptions in this genera, but "where'd you go" by fort minor and "Where's the love" by black eye peas are two of the few that I have found that I actually like.
It might help that Fort Minor has Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park in it, because I tend to enjoy Linkin Park and I like that Fort Minor song as well.

Autumnal Equinox

Sing or I'll go home and kill all your mommies
kiwifarms.net
I have really mixed feelings on Korn's song "Daddy"

I feel bad that Jonathan Young went through what he did as a child. I understand the breakdown he has near the end of the song was genuine. The song itself though just sounds like something an edgelord would compose, and I feel the way it plays out takes away a bit from the gravitas of the situation.

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net
  • Both of Creed and Limp Bizkit's second albums, Human Clay and Significant Other, are awesome guilty pleasures. Both of their guitarists are very talented that don't deserved to be tied up with the egos of their lead singers.
  • Beyonce and Puff Daddy are overrated as fuck.
  • That EDM music that was farted out The Black Eyed Peas' The E.N.D. and later inspired Lady Gaga, LMFAO, Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Avicii, and The Chainsmokers during the late '00s and early '10s sucked mega ass.
  • Billboard should have allowed songs like "Don't Speak", "Men in Black", "Fly", "Torn", "3 AM," and "Iris" to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 despite having no commercial singles. I strongly believed those songs would have top that chart if they were allowed to do so.

Reactions: Crystal Golem

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
  • Both of Creed and Limp Bizkit's second albums, Human Clay and Significant Other, are awesome guilty pleasures. Both of their guitarists are very talented that don't deserved to be tied up with the egos of their lead singers.
  • Beyonce and Puff Daddy are overrated as fuck.
  • That EDM music that was farted out The Black Eyed Peas' The E.N.D. and later inspired Lady Gaga, LMFAO, Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Avicii, and The Chainsmokers during the late '00s and early '10s sucked mega ass.
  • Billboard should have allowed songs like "Don't Speak", "Men in Black", "Fly", "Torn", "3 AM," and "Iris" to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 despite having no commercial singles. I strongly believed those songs would have top that chart if they were allowed to do so.
I'd argue Significant Other, with a few minor exceptions, is actually widely considered the last "acceptable" Limp Bizkit album. Even at the height of Bizkit hate I recall a lot of that album being considered an exception.

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
I have really mixed feelings on Korn's song "Daddy"

I feel bad that Jonathan Young went through what he did as a child. I understand the breakdown he has near the end of the song was genuine. The song itself though just sounds like something an edgelord would compose, and I feel the way it plays out takes away a bit from the gravitas of the situation.
I definitely agree. I feel like it gets loved primarily for the mental breakdown but let's be honest, if not for that it wouldnt be held in such high regard.

Regardless though I have mad respect for anyone who talks about their horrific traumas. It takes some balls to do so, and that Davis was even willing to do so is far more than I'm willing to do.

Basil II

My vision is augmented
kiwifarms.net
1. I like boy band Beatles then hippy Beatles.
2. I enjoy Jerry Only era Misfits.
3. I didn't like the new Tool album.
beatles.jpg

only true chads remember greaser beatles
Rage Against The Machine is the phoniest sellout band of all time. They marketed themselves heavily as being this far left "Fight the corporate menace" band and then proceeded to sell out hard and even have their boring songs be in Guitar Hero & have their merchandise sold in Walmarts.

I'm really glad they've largely fallen into obscurity.
this is literally every punk band ever.

TheGreatCitracett

Is bringing a gunn to school... BEWARE!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel like this is less of an unpopular view, and more like a cursed view.

Found on a video for Ghost - Square Hammer:

20200114_052917.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Circular Tyrant

RichardMongler

Causing much mayhem, dropping drama
kiwifarms.net

Holy shit, this song pisses me off in ways that's difficult to put into concrete terms, but I'll try. With minor exception, I typically don't care for female singers so I'm obviously not the target audience here, but not only do the lyrics tread over the same annoying pre-breakup/breakup/after-breakup themes, this character has me torn between wanting to intimately cuddle with her and wondering what her head would look like on a stick:

Please note: the above comment was just a tasteless joke referencing a great movie. The above comment was strictly aimed at character in the song's narrative rather than the individual performer. I do not wish any death/harm upon Ms. Imbruglia nor would I encourage others to act on such thoughts

Last edited:

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Holy shit, this song pisses me off in ways that's difficult to put into concrete terms, but I'll try. With minor exception, I typically don't care for female singers so I'm obviously not the target audience here, but not only do the lyrics tread over the same annoying pre-breakup/breakup/after-breakup themes, the singer has me torn between wanting to intimately cuddle with her and wondering what her head would look like on a stick:
Not even her song. That's a cover version dude.

NumbOfLife

kiwifarms.net
You like lyric heavy music but you don't like rap?

Trombonista

What a wonderful alternative to suicide!
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Holy shit, this song pisses me off in ways that's difficult to put into concrete terms, but I'll try. With minor exception, I typically don't care for female singers so I'm obviously not the target audience here, but not only do the lyrics tread over the same annoying pre-breakup/breakup/after-breakup themes, this character has me torn between wanting to intimately cuddle with her and wondering what her head would look like on a stick:

Please note: the above comment was just a tasteless joke referencing a great movie. The above comment was strictly aimed at character in the song's narrative rather than the individual performer. I do not wish any death/harm upon Ms. Imbruglia nor would I encourage others to act on such thoughts
I used to like this song, but now I don't. My sister still seems to like it, though.

• Feels
Reactions: Robert Sanvagene

Robert Sanvagene

Autistic Lives Matter™
kiwifarms.net
CD is a superior music format than either vinyl or any non-physical digital format because:
  1. CDs provide many of the benefits of vinyl i.e. cover art and booklets without the drawbacks i.e. surface noise.
  2. The physical sensation of putting a CD into a CD player gives very similar feels to putting a record onto a turntable.
  3. There is a metric fuckton of music out there, mainly releases from the late '80s through mid '00s, that has never been reissued on any other format (shitty YouTube rips notwithstanding).
  4. Collecting is dirt cheap. Given the choice between spending $20 on a beaten up LP or 20 pristine CDs, I know which one I'd choose.
  5. High quality vintage CD players are also cheap. You can pick up a really nice '80s-'90s Sony or Denon for under $50. Even shitty vintage turntables start at nearly double the price, although CD player prices have definitely risen over the last few years as people begin to realise that vinyl isn't all Skittlebrau. Some claim that the OG PS1 is one of the greatest kick-ass audiophile quality CD players of all time.
The only drawbacks I can think of with CDs are that some CDs don't have such great sound quality (which is a product of the way said CD was mastered rather than any inherent weaknesses in the format, because Loudness Wars), and some discs may develop CD rot and become unplayable. Having said that, I've never experienced CD rot on any of the 1,000 or so commercially released CD I've ever bought or acquired; the earliest of which being pressed in the mid '80s. CD rot is more of a burnt CD phenomenon in my experience.

Last edited:

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
CD is a superior music format than either vinyl or any non-physical digital format because:
  1. CDs provide many of the benefits of vinyl i.e. cover art and booklets without the drawbacks i.e. surface noise.
  2. The physical sensation of putting a CD into a CD player gives very similar feels to putting a record onto a turntable.
  3. There is a metric fuckton of music out there, mainly releases from the late '80s through mid '00s, that has never been reissued on any other format (shitty YouTube rips notwithstanding).
  4. Collecting is dirt cheap. Given the choice between spending $20 on a beaten up LP or 20 pristine CDs, I know which one I'd choose.
  5. High quality vintage CD players are also cheap. You can pick up a really nice '80s-'90s Sony or Denon for under $50. Even shitty vintage turntables start at nearly double the price, although CD player prices have definitely risen over the last few years as people begin to realise that vinyl isn't all Skittlebrau. Some claim that the OG PS1 is one of the greatest kick-ass audiophile quality CD players of all time.
The only drawbacks I can think of with CDs are that some CDs don't have such great sound quality (which is a product of the way said CD was mastered rather than any inherent weaknesses in the format, because Loudness Wars), and some discs may develop CD rot and become unplayable. Having said that, I've never experienced CD rot on any of the 1,000 or so commercially released CD I've ever bought or acquired; the earliest of which being pressed in the mid '80s. CD rot is more of a burnt CD phenomenon in my experience.
Everyone knows that 78s are the apex of audio quality. Especially the acoustic ones.

Tags
None