Unpopular views about music -

The Coward Joe Root

Enemy of cricket
kiwifarms.net
been mentioned already but I genuinely think the spice girls' first two albums were brilliant.
I would even go so far as to say Spice was the Thriller of the 1990s. every song on that album could have been a hit

e: I was pretty drunk when I made this post and will walk back the thriller comparison
but as far as manufactured pop goes, they are fantastic

Last edited:

An Sionnach Seang

Justin Bieber shit's like a cat!
kiwifarms.net
this is not so much 'unpopular' as 'unheard' (maybe for good reason)
at work we have a local radio station on, and it plays all the chart hits; some time last year, they started playing an Ariana Grande song that I found strangely familar, but couldn't put my finger on why it was familiar
eventually something clicked and I remembered where I'd heard the riff before
there are seven people credited for the writing of that song - conspicuously, Roger Waters is not one of them
really makes you think, eh?

ed: god almighty! just realised it even has a Pink Floyd-sounding guitar in the intro

Last edited:

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only drawbacks I can think of with CDs are that some CDs don't have such great sound quality (which is a product of the way said CD was mastered rather than any inherent weaknesses in the format, because Loudness Wars), and some discs may develop CD rot and become unplayable. Having said that, I've never experienced CD rot on any of the 1,000 or so commercially released CD I've ever bought or acquired; the earliest of which being pressed in the mid '80s. CD rot is more of a burnt CD phenomenon in my experience.
Depends on the physical quality of the disc. Some entire formats are already rotting away, like CD Video:

and apparently HD-DVDs from specifically Warner Bros.

I haven't heard about anything else yet, though. Disc rot has something to do with the dyes in the disc being organic and therefore, literally rotting away like old food.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pizzicato Five deserves more love. But I heard apparently some of their songs have been used on shows like Futarama and movies like Charlie's Angels and Ready To Wear.
Baby Love Child was indeed used when Leela had flashbacks to her parents keeping watch silently while she was in the Orphanarium.

Back when Futurama was amazing.

Reactions: Trombonista

The Pink Panther

Speechless
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't like Billy Joel and this is his only really good song in my opinion.

I think it's mostly due to oversaturation though, I've heard his songs so much that I just notice that they don't really connect with me.

• Agree
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Rafal Gan Ganowicz

ratfucking mong
kiwifarms.net
New Country is fucking kife. We could have stuff like this, but instead they feed the public bullshit about feet on the dash, bucolic reminiscences of chasing Granny's chickens, and watertowers full of lite beer.

This is country, for me. Stories.

• Winner

Mesh Gear Fox

Play the guitar on the MTV
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
New Country is fucking kife. We could have stuff like this, but instead they feed the public bullshit about feet on the dash, bucolic reminiscences of chasing Granny's chickens, and watertowers full of lite beer.
I've never liked mainstream country, I can't really relate to it, being a city boy and all. I really like some of the alt country bands like Wilco and Lucero, though. Then I spent the better part of a decade living out West. I got to experience a lot of local and regional country bands and it was way better than the shit that gets played on radio.

Also, thanks for exposing me to a new band, Mandolin Orange is pretty awesome!

• Feels
Reactions: Rafal Gan Ganowicz

Rafal Gan Ganowicz

ratfucking mong
kiwifarms.net
I've never liked mainstream country, I can't really relate to it, being a city boy and all. I really like some of the alt country bands like Wilco and Lucero, though. Then I spent the better part of a decade living out West. I got to experience a lot of local and regional country bands and it was way better than the shit that gets played on radio.

Glad you found them! Good G_d she is beautiful, to boot.
Check THIS one out. SO good:

Also check out Shovels and Rope , and Corb Lund if you like this stuff.

Last edited:

goodgrief

kiwifarms.net

I've been interested in country music a bit lately. Whatever you could call alternative country, so I'm gonna look into it more.
Because I randomly found Colter Wall and also found those dark country/southern gothic or whatever you call them, playlists. I think there's a lot of good to be found in country when you don't look at the most mainstream things

Dustlord

Homoerotic fascist
kiwifarms.net
I don't think this is a universally unpopular opinion, but it seems to be in a lot of online music discussion circles.

Experimental is not a synonym for good, and quite a lot of it is straight garbage. Subverting traditions and doing "new" things is okay but it does not equal enjoyable music. I see way too many people that feel the need to praise something just because its different and shit on stuff because its more traditional.

Being experimental is easy, being experimental and being good is hard. *

*Yes I am aware "good" is subjective, but it's an unpopular *opinion* for a reason.

Tags
None