Untitled Hideous Kojimbo project in development - Death Stranding 2?

BlazikenLover

GNU + Linux fatman
kiwifarms.net
Kojima lost his touch after MGS4... we want more batshit stuff and less pseudo-intellectual crap.
Eh I had fun with peace walker and that came out two years after MGS4.
I think kojambles just needs someone to tard wrangle him and set limits instead of letting him do whatever, else he will burn through millions of dollars on what could be a terrible idea.

Dom Cruise

Happy summer, everybody!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kojima lost his touch after MGS4... we want more batshit stuff and less pseudo-intellectual crap.
The last time he hit it out of the park was Snake Eater, every game since has been a mixed bag, either the story is a mess but the gameplay is great or in the case of Death Stranding the story is great but the gameplay is a mess.

I quite enjoyed the story in Death Stranding, I still find myself thinking back to it half a year after I played it, it gives you a lot to chew on, but the gameplay just never grabbed me.

Maybe next time he will hit it out of the park again.

A lot better.
The Codec conversations add so much lore and character to MGS1-3, it's a big part of what makes them what they are, the scaling back and removal in 4, Peace Walker and 5 is one of the reasons why those games aren't as good as the first 3.

gangweedfan

Anime is the next stage of evoltin. now yuo see...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the master, once again at his craft.... How can people possibly doubt kojimas epic vision???

ProblematicUser420

Tits and Abs
kiwifarms.net
The codec adds something to the game, but it absolutely became a crutch for the story.

There was no reason to talk on codec with people that were in the same room as you with MGS2. I get it, it wasn't worth animating that much exposition. But that should have been a sign that there was too much exposition in general.

For some reason, they thought the best course was to get rid of the codec entirely which was also the wrong move. The codec being a gameplay thing was great. It was a good way to add tons of world building a lore on top of giving hints and advice in MGS1 without bogging down a returning player.

Dom Cruise

Happy summer, everybody!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The codec adds something to the game, but it absolutely became a crutch for the story.

There was no reason to talk on codec with people that were in the same room as you with MGS2. I get it, it wasn't worth animating that much exposition. But that should have been a sign that there was too much exposition in general.

For some reason, they thought the best course was to get rid of the codec entirely which was also the wrong move. The codec being a gameplay thing was great. It was a good way to add tons of world building a lore on top of giving hints and advice in MGS1 without bogging down a returning player.
MGS1 did the Codec best, plus for any Codec haters it was absolutely a necessity in MGS1 in order to show the characters faces complete with eyes.

Last time I played MGS1 I made a note to call people more often like Natasha and I was amazed at how much dialog I had never heard before, it's crazy how much dialog is in the Codec but since a lot of it is up to the player if they want to hear it then it's not a nuisance, same deal with Snake Eater, it's only 2 where it arguably was a bit intrusive, but that doesn't mean it should have been dropped entirely.

It would have been really nice to have it in V since it could have filled in a lot of lore of the two main environments.

melcarba99

kiwifarms.net
Death Stranding is a great game and people accusing him of being a bad writer are envious of him being one the fathers of modern video game narrative, they are failed writers that will be forever forgotten while Kojima is already in the history books (thinking about yahtzee, who spergs about kojima, but nobody cares about his novels).

Last edited:

Gimmick Account

最初はいつも痛いけど感じてくると甘噛みしてほしい
kiwifarms.net
This is going to anger most of you peabrained faceblind idiots but "Hideo Kojima" isn't a real person. He's a corporate mascot.

And Belle Delphine is "Stefanie Joosten", but you'll figure that shit out tomorrow.

cybertoaster

Chairman of the mammary regulation committee
kiwifarms.net
Did the tactical deliveryman spooky action game even make its money back?

Else where is kojimbo getting the moneys to make another AAA game?

X Pac Heat

Games Shouldn't Be Art
kiwifarms.net
Death Stranding is a great game and people accusing him of being a bad writer are envious of him being one the fathers of modern video game narrative, they are failed writers that will be forever forgotten while Kojima is already in the history books (thinking about yahtzee, who spergs about kojima, but nobody cares about his novels).

nobody gives a shit about kojima except his fanboys. if he was as great as you make him out to be then metal gear would have broke out of the video game scene when it was still at the top of the video game scene and not a decade later (and thats being generous as this movie still seems like a bunch of talk)

Flabba_Wabba_Jabba_Noonga

Clothes are meant to be worn!
kiwifarms.net
Lots of small brains in this thread. Lmao.

Death Stranding was comfy and fun.
Death Stranding is fucking amazing. People complain because they're so used to crazy fast paced games that are up in your face, constantly rewarding you with bullshit. The story is fantastic to, actually requires some thought rather than the main character just blatantly stating everything.

MooseGump

Woah
kiwifarms.net
Death Stranding is fucking amazing. People complain because they're so used to crazy fast paced games that are up in your face, constantly rewarding you with bullshit. The story is fantastic to, actually requires some thought rather than the main character just blatantly stating everything.
The multiplayer aspect is my favorite part, I spent a good chunk of my time setting up stuff for people to use or finish off those highways even if they degrade over time

Flabba_Wabba_Jabba_Noonga

Clothes are meant to be worn!
kiwifarms.net
The multiplayer aspect is my favorite part, I spent a good chunk of my time setting up stuff for people to use or finish off those highways even if they degrade over time
Yeah. I've finished my first playthrough a while ago, just spent it rebuilding roads and doing premium delivery stuff in the meanwhile.

Samson Pumpkin Jr.

kiwifarms.net
nobody gives a shit about kojima except his fanboys. if he was as great as you make him out to be then metal gear would have broke out of the video game scene when it was still at the top of the video game scene and not a decade later (and thats being generous as this movie still seems like a bunch of talk)
you're just a jealous ameritard who can't enjoy video games without your Michael Bay guns and explosions. We Europeans are a higher breed and can appreciate good slow story telling and gameplay which you must think deeply about in order to understand.