Untitled Hideous Kojimbo project in development - Death Stranding 2?

• DDoS is active again.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Games are going through a similar process where movie fags just want games to be hollywood films because that's what they're familiar with, but it's not really panning out in a workable fashion in much the same way.
Except that early video games weren't anything like the cinematic games of today. So, no. I disagree that they are going through a similar process or growing pain. This ranges anywhere from hipster to midlife crisis being at fault. Either way, nobody in the major league - Western Division - has any interest in making video games anymore. Especially since it's a safe bet as @Peasant said. Even the Houser brothers broke away to try to tell "movie stories".

I say midlife crisis because a lot of these people got into the industry young and were having juvenile fun. Now that they have kids and shit they can't take their past work seriously, Blizzard even had some retard saying his 7 year old girl asked him why WoW NPCs were scantily clad - why are you showing your kid this stuff when it's Rated T? - and how you got the present retard behind God of War talking about being a father himself as to why the story "matured" and failed miserably for me as the story wasn't good enough, even with the interaction at play. There was a critical moment in the story about boy being ill and I really couldn't care less. I dicked around as much as the game would let me. It's not like I don't understand the point either, I worry about family spawn as much as anyone, I just legitimately could not care for the boy or Kratos at this point. The story was dull and something you'd expect a Lifetime x History Channel crossover to make a TV movie about.

These people want to be mature, they want to be seen as adults and that is what destroys game development. Because how do you be mature? They ape older people and in the case of game development to be made mature they have it ape older media. So few understand that throwing away childish things is childish behavior itself and doesn't make you an adult. Being comfortable with your past and not being afraid to be juvenile at times is what makes you one. All of them are embarrassed for what they did and ultimately try to hide it or disavow it, like children.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Except that early video games weren't anything like the cinematic games of today. So, no. I disagree that they are going through a similar process or growing pain. This ranges anywhere from hipster to midlife crisis being at fault. Either way, nobody in the major league - Western Division - has any interest in making video games anymore. Especially since it's a safe bet as @Peasant said. Even the Houser brothers broke away to try to tell "movie stories".

I say midlife crisis because a lot of these people got into the industry young and were having juvenile fun. Now that they have kids and shit they can't take their past work seriously, Blizzard even had some retard saying his 7 year old girl asked him why WoW NPCs were scantily clad - why are you showing your kid this stuff when it's Rated T? - and how you got the present retard behind God of War talking about being a father himself as to why the story "matured" and failed miserably for me as the story wasn't good enough, even with the interaction at play. There was a critical moment in the story about boy being ill and I really couldn't care less. I dicked around as much as the game would let me. It's not like I don't understand the point either, I worry about family spawn as much as anyone, I just legitimately could not care for the boy or Kratos at this point. The story was dull and something you'd expect a Lifetime x History Channel crossover to make a TV movie about.

These people want to be mature, they want to be seen as adults and that is what destroys game development. Because how do you be mature? They ape older people and in the case of game development to be made mature they have it ape older media. So few understand that throwing away childish things is childish behavior itself and doesn't make you an adult. Being comfortable with your past and not being afraid to be juvenile at times is what makes you one. All of them are embarrassed for what they did and ultimately try to hide it or disavow it, like children.
I don't believe for one second all those stories about showing kids scantily clad/nude characters and the kids going "wow daddy why are those women wearing such skimpy clothing? Isn't that demeaning to women and emblematic of the intensely patriarchal society we live in?"

Kids don't write or think thing like that. having actual experience with children the first instinct for kids of either gender is to giggle and point at the boobs/genitals.

The soyfags who write this crap propaganda can't even pretend to be realistic.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't believe for one second all those stories about showing kids scantily clad/nude characters and the kids going "wow daddy why are those women wearing such skimpy clothing? Isn't that demeaning to women and emblematic of the intensely patriarchal society we live in?"

Kids don't write or think thing like that. having actual experience with children the first instinct for kids of either gender is to giggle and point at the boobs/genitals.

It's either that or you have to wonder what the fuck they're teaching their kid. Neither is a good look.

JamesFargo

saying "Oh cool" as I put the gun in my mouth
kiwifarms.net
I say midlife crisis because a lot of these people got into the industry young and were having juvenile fun. Now that they have kids and shit they can't take their past work seriously,
What you're describing is sort of the opposite of a midlife crisis, fyi. A midlife crisis is pretending you are the same person you were twenty years ago.

Being comfortable with your past and not being afraid to be juvenile at times is what makes you one.
The child must die so the adult may live.

Anyway, loads of games have cross-generational appeal. It's not like you have to sacrifice maturity for fun.

Last edited:

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The child must die so the adult must live.
I disagree. If you kill the child you sever the past that made you an adult. I much prefer CS Lewis' take on adulthood.
CS Lewis said:
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
What you're describing is sort of the opposite of a midlife crisis, fyi. A midlife crisis is pretending you are the same person you were twenty years ago.
A midlife crisis can take many forms and either way it's them wanting to be more than they are. It can be trying to recapture their glory days, it can be troll's remorse or it can be them trying to be adults. No matter how you cut it it's them having an identity crisis and losing their self confidence.
Anyway, loads of games have cross-generational appeal. It's not like you have to sacrifice maturity for fun.
Except that's exactly what they're doing. They think things shouldn't be fun in order to be adult. Druckmann himself finds "fun" to be a bad word in game development and his dreck is what Western game development is pushing as the future of gaming.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The story for God of War was "see that mountain over there, we're going to climb it". The game gave way more freedom than any of the previous installments, that really outshined any story they attached to it. The story is just the excuse for the adventure and this one was clearly built around the game play. I mean once you're past the opening to the game you have the multiple dragon dungeons to do, killing all the valkyries, completing the two optional dungeons. All prior installments had like a one way fixed camera gauntlet for the whole game with the challenges being a seperate mode outside the main campaign. And it wasn't really intended to be explored because if you missed any items you had to go back and the fixed cameras made some areas a bitch to navigate because they were S curve shaped and it only worked while going forward and not back. 2018 gave a ton of meaningful content to do that wasn't just pointless collectibles to get and turn in for a mystery loot box like other games. They had a rather decent upgrade system that buffed your stuff too.

And well Ascension was complete ass in every way possible, so it was quite a contrast how well 2018 was handled.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The story for God of War was "see that mountain over there, we're going to climb it". The game gave way more freedom than any of the previous installments, that really outshined any story they attached to it. The story is just the excuse for the adventure and this one was clearly built around the game play. I mean once you're past the opening to the game you have the multiple dragon dungeons to do, killing all the valkyries, completing the two optional dungeons. All prior installments had like a one way fixed camera gauntlet for the whole game with the challenges being a seperate mode outside the main campaign. And it wasn't really intended to be explored because if you missed any items you had to go back and the fixed cameras made some areas a bitch to navigate because they were S curve shaped and it only worked while going forward and not back. 2018 gave a ton of meaningful content to do that wasn't just pointless collectibles to get and turn in for a mystery loot box like other games. They had a rather decent upgrade system that buffed your stuff too.

And well Ascension was complete ass in every way possible, so it was quite a contrast how well 2018 was handled.
I disagree, I like busywork quite a lot in video games but that one couldn't convince me to keep playing because I really couldn't care less to build up the characters involved since I couldn't care about them at all. To be fair I did get up to the Valkyrie Queen part, but at that point I realized "I'm not having fun." and I put the game down. That's a fair amount into the game, but really I can't describe the realization that I was deluding myself that far. The game wasn't fun despite it having everything I would like ordinarily. So either somehow they half-assed the content/gameplay or the story and tone ruined the game for me. Maybe it came off soulless, I can't really explain it. I just know it wasn't fun.

Dom Cruise

How is she when she doesn't surf?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I disagree, Ascension was good, but it was also the game that made it clear the old formula was growing stale and 2018's changing things up was sorely needed.

Indian J.C denton

Hi I am indian glowie please sen bob and vag
kiwifarms.net

Also major lol at wow being a t rated game when fucking Fortnite a game that's infamous for having a 90% kiddie fanbase even though the game is t rated also word of advice don't take the esrb seriously

Indian J.C denton

Hi I am indian glowie please sen bob and vag
kiwifarms.net
Seven year olds shouldn't be playing Fortnite, either. Parents are terrible.
Honestly given the game is rated 12 in my country eh I don't know how that's gonna traumatize them really so I disagree also maybe some parents might be okay with the content I mean this isn't GTA it's some shitty bob the builder but with guns however if your letting your kids have plain unsupervised access to social media then your just a plain shitty parent

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly given the game is rated 12 in my country eh I don't know how that's gonna traumatize them really so I disagree also maybe some parents might be okay with the content I mean this isn't GTA it's some shitty bob the builder but with guns however if your letting your kids have plain unsupervised access to social media then your just a plain shitty parent
That's what is going on here, though, is the unsupervised shit. Parents don't parent here anymore. I mean, they're sort of starting to again but it took a pandemic to get them to do it.

That said I think we're deviating too far at this point. Arguing the merits of artistic whatever is on point given the pretentious nature of Kojima, but yeah. I think Kojima's next game - if it is what I think it's gonna be - is gonna suck all the subtlety out of horror.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought his next game was literally just Death Stranding with more MGS shit to try and get it to sell this time.
Pretty sure he's working on some secret thing, the directors' cut will just have 4 hours of exposition to properly explain why people are nukes. Probably an unskippable ending scene designed so you can't turn off your console or TV until it's over.

ProblematicUser420

Tits and Abs
kiwifarms.net
I guess I'm officially out of the gaming loop since I'm just now finding out about this Abandoned game that is heavily believed to be another tryhard Kojima marketing stunt?

Fagnacious D

and The Dick of Destiny
kiwifarms.net
I say midlife crisis because a lot of these people got into the industry young and were having juvenile fun. Now that they have kids and shit they can't take their past work seriously, Blizzard even had some retard saying his 7 year old girl asked him why WoW NPCs were scantily clad - why are you showing your kid this stuff when it's Rated T?
It was Chirs Metzen. He used to do a lot of artwork for earlier blizzard games (as far back as Warcraft 1)

Kotaku - Blizzard admits to over sexualizing women.
Blizzard lore/story/sunglasses guy Chris Metzen and his daughter were watching a cinematic scene from World of Warcraft. There were swords, spells, dragons—the usual. His daughter, however, couldn't help but ask of the women characters, "Why are they all in swimsuits?"

Metzen relayed the tale during an Overwatch press conference at BlizzCon. He also said that Blizzard is trying to represent a more diverse, less overly sexualized group of characters than they did in the past.

"We've heard our female employees," he said. "And my daughter tools me out about it. She saw a World of Warcraft cinematic of the Dragon Aspects, and my daughter was like, 'Why are they all in swimsuits?' And I was like, 'I don't know. I don't know anymore.'"

"I think we're clear we're in an age where gaming is for everybody. We build games for everybody. We want everybody to come and play. Increasingly people want to feel represented from all walks of life, everywhere in the world. Boys and girls—everybody. We feel indebted to do our best to honor that."

PC Gamer Blizzard on representation in games: “We build games for everybody”

A press conference attendee asked: “There’s been a lot of conversation about female representation in gaming in the past couple years, I suppose. And I was wondering if that entered your thinking when you were designing [Overwatch] and the characters.”

“Totally,” Metzen began. “Absolutely. Our female and employees and… even my daughter calls me out… We were looking at old Warcraft stuff on YouTube, a cinematic the dragon aspects and my daughter’s like, ‘Why are they all in swimsuits?’ And I’m like, ‘Ugh, I don’t know, honey.’

“But I think we’re clear that we’re in an age where gaming is for everybody,” Metzen continued. “We build games for everybody. We want everyone to come and play. And increasingly in the world like people want to feel represented. People from all walks of life, from everywhere in the world. Boys and girls, everybody. And you know, we feel indebted to do our best to honor that. There’s a lot of room for growth, but specifically with Overwatch over the past year we’ve been very cognizant of that, like, trying not to oversexualize the female characters. I don’t know that we oversexualize the male characters. But it’s something we’re very sensitive to. We want that to be part of who we are, of what our brand looks like and appears to our community. I think Mike [Morhaime] talked in a roundabout way to that in his speech this morning. So it’s something we’re very cognizant of. We want girls to feel kick-butt and equally represented.”
‘Why are they all in swimsuits?’ And I’m like, ‘Ugh, I don’t know, honey.’ Metzen said as his sipped his corporately mandated soy.

The funny thing is I don't recall too many of his illustrations being horribly sexualized. They seem rather tame compared to other works of the Mid 90s/early 2000s.
Also Metzen is more known for his gore-y work rather than scantily clad women.

1624724854422.png
1624724874216.png
1624724896824.png

1624725146975.png
1624725177367.png