World US Midterm Elections 2018 Megathread - Blue Wave or Red Tsunami? Because you know we need one.

What will happen come November 6th, 2018?

• Blue Wave

Votes: 39 5.9%
  • Red Tsunami

Votes: 185 28.0%
  • Purple Nothing

Votes: 187 28.3%
  • Russia

Votes: 243 36.8%
  • Purple Whirpool

Votes: 109 16.5%
  • Jeb!

Votes: 78 11.8%

• Total voters

heathercho

정말로? Yes! Okey dokey yo.
kiwifarms.net
November 6th, 2018.
You have less than one month to sperg about the midterm elections.

Hot Takes :
Tis the end of Drumpf!
It's been an inauspicious beginning to the voting season for Mr Trump and his Republican Party, which continue to struggle under the weight of near-constant self-imposed crises and chaos.
http://archive.li/1rEYe
Could the US midterm elections break Trump's presidency?

President Donald Trump. Source: AAP

Voting in the US midterm elections is now underway.

UpdatedUpdated 27 September
By Rashida Yosufzai, Nick Baker
In this article...
Americans have started to cast their ballots in a vote that could shape the rest of Donald Trump's presidency.

Although the US midterm elections are technically held on 6 November, early voting has already started in a handful of states.

Minnesota was the first state to allow early in-person voting on 21 September, with a handful of key states following, including New Jersey, California and Arizona.

Thirty-five states and the District of Columbia offer some form of early voting, meaning every day until 6 November counts for Democrats and Republicans.

It's been an inauspicious beginning to the voting season for Mr Trump and his Republican Party, which continue to struggle under the weight of near-constant self-imposed crises and chaos.

80 per cent chance of winning back the chamber.

Republicans have a 1 in 5 chance of keeping control of the House, while Democrats have about a 4 in 5 chance of winning control of the House. https://t.co/lyNh30TEIw pic.twitter.com/O38qtMPpIz

— FiveThirtyEight (@FiveThirtyEight) September 25, 2018
The Senate though is likely to be retained by the Republicans.

According to CNN, the Democrats are defending some two dozen seats, including 10 in states where Mr Trump secured victory in 2016, and five of those where he won resoundingly.

FiveThirtyEight gives the Democrats just a 30 per cent chance of taking the Senate.

Trump's election one year on: What do Americans think of him now?[/paste:font]

The Democrats could also use their numbers to set up House select committees targeting the president.

"They will have an opportunity to set up special panels and committees to essentially smear President Trump," United States Studies Centre research fellow Dougal Robinson told SBS News in April.

Mr Robinson pointed to the Benghazi committee set up by the Republicans against Hillary Clinton in 2014 to further investigate the fatal 2012 terrorist attack on two US government facilities in Libya.

Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Once seen as cruising to an easy vote - fulfilling Mr Trump's key promise to stack the Supreme Court with conservative justices - a string of sexual assault allegations has turned the Kavanaugh decision into all-out political war.

According to CNN's national political reporter Eric Bradner, the scandal and lukewarm response from some Republicans to Mr Kavanaugh's accusers could "drive suburban women away in midterms".

I have no doubt that, if the attack on Dr. Ford was as bad as she says, charges would have been immediately filed with local Law Enforcement Authorities by either her or her loving parents. I ask that she bring those filings forward so that we can learn date, time, and place!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 21, 2018
Analysts also point to Robert Mueller's investigation as an ongoing potential source of political curveballs.

Mr Mueller has already indicted more than 30 people in connection with his probe into whether members of Mr Trump's campaign colluded with Russia to help get the real estate tycoon elected.

And speculation has swirled in recent days that Mr Trump may fire embattled deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein - who oversees the Russia collusion probe.

Doubts over how long Mr Rosenstein can keep the job have swirled since shock media reports that he once suggested secretly recording Mr Trump to collect evidence for ousting him under a constitutional amendment for presidents unfit to remain in office.

Mr Rosenstein's firing - and Mr Trump possibly putting someone more pliable in his place - would set off alarm bells over the future independence of a probe, which has the potential to rock both the midterms and the entire Trump presidency.

US wants ‘partnership, not domination’ in Australia and region[/paste:font]

A report co-authored by Mr Robinson predicted after the midterms, Congress would be highly unlikely to support a US re-entry to the Trans-Pacific Partnership - a trade deal between 11 Pacific nations including Australia and New Zealand which Mr Trump pulled the US out of last year.

Another issue that may affect Australia is that if the Democrats retake the House, it is likely to lead to lower defence spending.

Additional reporting: AAP, AFP

This article was originally published in April 2018 and updated in September 2018.
How will Trump keep his voter base energized? "More Winning."
http://archive.fo/VkaHH

TRUMP HAS A TWO WORD RESPONSE WHEN REPORTER ASKS HIM HOW HE WILL KEEP GOP BASE ENERGIZED
5:52 PM 10/10/2018
Benny Johnson | Reporter At Large

President Donald Trump made portions of the White House press corps chuckle with his response on how he intends to keep Republican voters fired up after the ultimately successful confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

“How do you keep your base energized now that you have this Kavanaugh victory?” one reporter asked. Tuesday was the first day that Kavanaugh sat on the court after a contentious battle over his nomination.

“More winning,” Trump said.

Trump was leaving the White House on his way to a campaign rally Tuesday night when he took questions from reporters in the White House driveway.

The president was also asked about the mobs of paid progressive protesters that took over Capitol Hill during the contentious debate over Kavanaugh’s confirmation. Trump was specifically asked about the intense “energy” of the protesters.

“A lot of those were paid protesters. You saw that they are all unhappy because they haven’t been paid yet,” Trump alleged about the protesters. (RELATED: Trump Has A Theory Why The Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters Are So Mad)

Trump brought up his new trade deal with Canada and Mexico as a major policy win. “Our deal with Mexico and Canada was fantastic,” Trump said. “China wants to make a deal so badly. We will see where it goes. But I don’t think they are ready.”
Trump Will Lose 60 Seats in the house... Unless... Please Visit My Site
http://archive.fo/zHe4o

MATT DRUDGE WARNS OF MIDTERM BLOODBATH: TRUMP TO LOSE ’60 SEATS IN THE HOUSE LIKE OBAMA DID’
2:41 PM 09/14/2018
Peter Hasson | Reporter

Conservative news giant Matt Drudge on Friday made a somber prediction about Republicans’ chances in the November midterm elections, predicting President Donald Trump will see his party lose 60 seats in the House of Representatives.

Drudge, who runs the influential Drudge Report, compared the upcoming midterms to the electoral bloodbath Democrats suffered in the 2010 midterm elections under former President Barack Obama.

Screenshot/Twitter

“Trump and Obama both have 47% approval at this time of presidency, according to Rasmussen. Trump will also lose 60 seats in the House like Obama did during first midterm!” Drudge wrote on Twitter. (RELATED: Democrats Should Immediately Abolish ICE After Retaking Congress)

He added cryptically: “Unless…”

Democrats have to gain 23 House seats in November in order to flip the lower chamber. Democrats have an 83 percent chance of retaking the House, according to FiveThirty Eight.

Follow Hasson on Twitter @PeterJHasson

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

The Weird :
Mark Taylor "Red Tsunami Prophecy"
http://archive.fo/KJjj2

Mark Taylor (The Trump Prophecies): Most Important Midterm Elections In All Of US History
July 30, 2018 29 3159

Mark Taylor says the upcoming 2018 elections are the most important mid-term elections in all of America’s history. Here’s why…

Mark Taylor interviewed by Greg Hunter on USA Watchdog

Mark Taylor, author of the popular book “The Trump Prophecies,” contends, “If you are part of the army of God, you need to be ready also because there are going to be politicians that are going to resign. We have had the biggest number of resignations probably in history. This midterm election is going to be huge. This is going to be a red tsunami. They keep talking about the blue wave. I think it’s going to be a blue drip, a leaky faucet, and that is all they are going to get. You have had more resignations than we have ever seen. Now is the time to go in and capture this ground and hold it for the Kingdom of God. . . . It’s not a left or right thing. God is moving us towards a place of righteousness. That’s what’s happening right now. So, he’s going to be replacing these people. If you are called to be a judge, senator, congressman or a council person, I don’t care what level local, state or federal, take your place and get ready. If you are in the Army of God and you don’t vote, you need to get off your behind and register to vote. These are going to be the most important midterm elections in America’s history—period.”

In closing, Taylor says, “I don’t think there is going to be another Democrat in the White House for a long time, if ever again. I believe you are seeing the death of the Democrat party right now.”

Join Greg Hunter as he goes One-on-One with Mark Taylor, co-author of “The Trump Prophecies,” which has been made into a movie that is releasing in early October.

Donations: https://usawatchdog.com/donations/

Plissken

Gunslinger, Outlaw, Escape artist.
kiwifarms.net
The kavanaugh hearing was a disaster for the Democrat party, and the democrats by far have the most seats up for grabs this mid-term. The seats that are up for grabs held by republicans are in fairly red states right now IIRC, so a blue wave ain't happening.

The best hope the democrats have is to just hold their seats, but that probably won't happen either.

Bastard Samurai

Now and for always
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder why do people think the Democrats will lose? Not saying I support them but what backing do people in this thread have for that assumption?
Polls have consistently had a huge bias towards democrats for years and it's stigma to be even remotely conservative so people are afraid to answer truthfully.
I think the republicans will gain 1 seat in senate overall, and will likely lose the house by a very small amount.

DNA_JACKED

kiwifarms.net
I wonder why do people think the Democrats will lose? Not saying I support them but what backing do people in this thread have for that assumption?
Because, since the 2016 election, the democratic party has dropped the mask of illusion and fully embraced identity politics. They have been screeching about trump nonstop, about how every little thing is horrible, and trying to shove the narrative that low unemployment, rising wages, and lower taxes are somehow BAD for people. And while they are doing this, they have been telling anybody who thinks that this hyper anti-trump hysteria has gone too far to fuck themselves. The DNC has even gone so far as to support very vocal SJW groups that blame society's woes on a single racial group.

While their vocal minority has screeched loudly the last few years, moderates have gone strangely silent. Cortez winning the new york primary cast light on the impeding situation. Despite being in an area with nearly 300K registered democrats, and despite the area casting 60K+ votes in 2014, she won with a whopping...16K votes. That is a major red flag that indicated a large number of democrats are not showing up to the polls.

The border control REEEEing hurt democrats pretty badly. When they continued to blame the situation on trump, despite the record numbers of children held there under obama (without a peep from the democrats) many began to turn on the democrats for being blatant liars, willing to push an agenda at the cost of the morals they try to enforce upon others. Then even the liberal polls showed that a majority of democrats supported either tighter border laws or proper enforcement of the existing laws, yet the democrats continued to push against border control insisting only EVIL WHITE NAZI RUSSIAN SEXIST DEPLORABLES could support the literal killing of innocent border-hopping children. This then led to the insanity of "ABOLISH ICE" which went over like a lead brick.

The kavanaugh catastrophe has also backfired on the democrats. SO, SO many vocal democrats have been screaming about how kavanaugh is guilty of groping rape of 1,2, 6 women with no evidence and shaky testimony. I've heard several try to twist "provide evidence beyond reasonable doubt" to say that if her story is believable, brett is guilty and should be removed, which is just asinine. When asked why Ford did not go to the police, their response was, I kid you not, "Well, she wasnt trying to arrest him, she was trying to expose his garbage character". Blatant support of outright libel and slander, because trump nominated a moderate to the courts.

And you bet that many moderates, including myself, have been keeping track of how often the democrats have claimed the sky is falling, only to completely abandon whatever horrible affliction has hit the country in favor of another malady to be outraged over, or to pull "muh russia" out of their ass again.

Moderates are pissed. Social progressive/fiscal conservatives are pissed. business democrats are pissed (get woke, go broke). centrists are in awe at the democrat's insane behavior, and all have taken note of how they are making money and the economy has improved despite the hysteria. The kavanaugh failure has united republicans while dividing democrats. With the sham russia investigation showing nothing, prominent democrat supporters getting caught up in #metoo, social media companies in cahoots to suppress free speech, and the liberal media contradicting itself at every turn (and being called out for it with increasing frequency and severity), the punches just keep. on. coming.

I have no doubt the senate will go further red this year. While the house is a wild card, it wouldnt surprise me to see republicans gain ground there. And at the local level, the hysterical grandstanding has left democrats no real platform to run on, no achievements, nothing to draw in voters other then "fuck trump, raise taxes" which will only attract the loons that will vote (D) regardless.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
I'm expecting my early ballot this week, and I'm gonna be filling it out as soon as it's in my hands. They're a little late coming out, I feel, to the point I actually had the thought of "What if the ballots got intercepted in the mail to ensure less votes for the people they don't want in office?" Because sadly, I can see that happening in some places (if it hasn't before in the past).

Other than that, November seriously can't come soon enough, I just want it over and done with yesterday. So let me just say, "Bring on the salt and the aneurysms that follow."

(I'm sad @Internet War Criminal isn't here to experience this with us, but I've been slowly considering @It's HK-47 a much more laidback spiritual successor, and his contributions are what have been keeping me entertained and sane.)

stupidpieceofshit

Halloween in January is better.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And you bet that many moderates...

...Moderates are pissed.
The SJW left has shown multiple times since 2016 they don't give a shit about moderates and centrists, time after time my SJW like friends, have shat on modertes by posting shit like
"RIGHT: Lets kill all the Jews/Blacks/Hispanics!
Left: let's not
Moderates: Guys we need to stop fighting, we should only kill 50% of the Jews/Blacks/Hispanics"

Now we have Hillary saying "Bill's accusers were different from Trumps and the Supreme Court nominee.

The left also seems to forget how badly in shape they were just over 10 years ago when you had the Green Party, and other left political branches taking votes away from the DNC and the GOP and Libertarians at lease were some what lined up.

Then the tea party happened that some what weakened the GOP but the GOP got its shit back together, while the DNC allowed fringe interests to once again divide the party.

Trasha Pay That A$$

I like the D
kiwifarms.net
I mean, Trump really doesn't have to do much to get conservatives hyped. The Democratic party is doing a great job at self=imploding and discrediting themselves.

The Dem senator in my state barely won the seat last election. (Trump also won hugely.) It's not looking great this time around as their voting record doesn't reflect the views of the majority of the citizens, along with some blunders while Obama was still in office. I'm pretty much only following the elections for things I actually vote in so I can't speak for other states.

• Informative
Reactions: ConcernedAnon
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino