• “Even those in Hell don't deserve to deal with the losers here.“

World US Midterm Elections 2018 MegathreadBlue Wave or Red Tsunami? Because you know we need one.

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by heathercho, Oct 10, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

?

What will happen come November 6th, 2018?

1. Blue Wave

17 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Red Tsunami

117 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. Purple Nothing

92 vote(s)
    27.2%
  4. Russia

154 vote(s)
    45.6%
  5. Purple Whirpool

58 vote(s)
    17.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. November 6th, 2018.
    You have less than one month to sperg about the midterm elections.

Hot Takes :
    Tis the end of Drumpf!
    http://archive.is/1rEYe
    How will Trump keep his voter base energized? "More Winning."
    http://archive.fo/VkaHH

Trump Will Lose 60 Seats in the house... Unless... Please Visit My Site
    http://archive.fo/zHe4o

The Weird :
    Mark Taylor "Red Tsunami Prophecy"
    http://archive.fo/KJjj2

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
    heathercho

heathercho Tastes like burnt rice.

kiwifarms.net
  2. The kavanaugh hearing was a disaster for the Democrat party, and the democrats by far have the most seats up for grabs this mid-term. The seats that are up for grabs held by republicans are in fairly red states right now IIRC, so a blue wave ain't happening.

The best hope the democrats have is to just hold their seats, but that probably won't happen either.

• Agree Agree x 28
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Plissken

Plissken Gunslinger, Outlaw, Escape artist.

kiwifarms.net
  3. I don't know or care who will win. It's all a shitshow either way. I'm just here for a good time.

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    Alto

Alto See you Space Doggo

kiwifarms.net
  4. I wonder why do people think the Democrats will lose? Not saying I support them but what backing do people in this thread have for that assumption?

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Truthboi

Truthboi Prince of filthy weeaboos

kiwifarms.net
  5. The answer is in the poll - Russia!

• Like Like x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  6. Polls have consistently had a huge bias towards democrats for years and it's stigma to be even remotely conservative so people are afraid to answer truthfully.
    I think the republicans will gain 1 seat in senate overall, and will likely lose the house by a very small amount.

• Agree Agree x 11
    Big Bad Fish

Big Bad Fish Antagonist

kiwifarms.net
  7. Cause you're in /pol/ lite A&H.

• Like  x 11
    • Agree  x 4
    • Feels  x 3
    • Winner  x 2
    • Dumb  x 2
    •  x 1
    • Optimistic  x 1
    Sexy Times Hitler

Sexy Times Hitler 2 hype 2 wype
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. @heathercho I prefer a purple whirlpool metaphor. Blue and red opposing currents mix together and rotate into a whirlpool

Edit: uguu~ ^_^

• Agree Agree x 5
    #8 Hortator, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Hortator

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Who cares. Let's enjoy the potential sperg fight between both Democrats and Republicans.

• Agree Agree x 7
    Ratko_Falco

Ratko_Falco Врло застрашујуће

kiwifarms.net
  10. Jury's still out obviously, but if the Democrats get schlacked you can expect to see a lot of "Here's how us losing big time in the midterms is actually winning" articles on their shill sites.

• Agree Agree x 23
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  11. purple parrots v silver monkeys?

i'm betting on the monkeys

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  12. Because, since the 2016 election, the democratic party has dropped the mask of illusion and fully embraced identity politics. They have been screeching about trump nonstop, about how every little thing is horrible, and trying to shove the narrative that low unemployment, rising wages, and lower taxes are somehow BAD for people. And while they are doing this, they have been telling anybody who thinks that this hyper anti-trump hysteria has gone too far to fuck themselves. The DNC has even gone so far as to support very vocal SJW groups that blame society's woes on a single racial group.

While their vocal minority has screeched loudly the last few years, moderates have gone strangely silent. Cortez winning the new york primary cast light on the impeding situation. Despite being in an area with nearly 300K registered democrats, and despite the area casting 60K+ votes in 2014, she won with a whopping...16K votes. That is a major red flag that indicated a large number of democrats are not showing up to the polls.

The border control REEEEing hurt democrats pretty badly. When they continued to blame the situation on trump, despite the record numbers of children held there under obama (without a peep from the democrats) many began to turn on the democrats for being blatant liars, willing to push an agenda at the cost of the morals they try to enforce upon others. Then even the liberal polls showed that a majority of democrats supported either tighter border laws or proper enforcement of the existing laws, yet the democrats continued to push against border control insisting only EVIL WHITE NAZI RUSSIAN SEXIST DEPLORABLES could support the literal killing of innocent border-hopping children. This then led to the insanity of "ABOLISH ICE" which went over like a lead brick.

The kavanaugh catastrophe has also backfired on the democrats. SO, SO many vocal democrats have been screaming about how kavanaugh is guilty of groping rape of 1,2, 6 women with no evidence and shaky testimony. I've heard several try to twist "provide evidence beyond reasonable doubt" to say that if her story is believable, brett is guilty and should be removed, which is just asinine. When asked why Ford did not go to the police, their response was, I kid you not, "Well, she wasnt trying to arrest him, she was trying to expose his garbage character". Blatant support of outright libel and slander, because trump nominated a moderate to the courts.

And you bet that many moderates, including myself, have been keeping track of how often the democrats have claimed the sky is falling, only to completely abandon whatever horrible affliction has hit the country in favor of another malady to be outraged over, or to pull "muh russia" out of their ass again.

Moderates are pissed. Social progressive/fiscal conservatives are pissed. business democrats are pissed (get woke, go broke). centrists are in awe at the democrat's insane behavior, and all have taken note of how they are making money and the economy has improved despite the hysteria. The kavanaugh failure has united republicans while dividing democrats. With the sham russia investigation showing nothing, prominent democrat supporters getting caught up in #metoo, social media companies in cahoots to suppress free speech, and the liberal media contradicting itself at every turn (and being called out for it with increasing frequency and severity), the punches just keep. on. coming.

I have no doubt the senate will go further red this year. While the house is a wild card, it wouldnt surprise me to see republicans gain ground there. And at the local level, the hysterical grandstanding has left democrats no real platform to run on, no achievements, nothing to draw in voters other then "fuck trump, raise taxes" which will only attract the loons that will vote (D) regardless.

• Agree  x 27
    • Winner  x 13
    • Like  x 5
    • Informative  x 3
    • Semper Fidelis  x 1
    • Powerlevel  x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. I'm expecting my early ballot this week, and I'm gonna be filling it out as soon as it's in my hands. They're a little late coming out, I feel, to the point I actually had the thought of "What if the ballots got intercepted in the mail to ensure less votes for the people they don't want in office?" Because sadly, I can see that happening in some places (if it hasn't before in the past).

Other than that, November seriously can't come soon enough, I just want it over and done with yesterday. So let me just say, "Bring on the salt and the aneurysms that follow."

(I'm sad @Internet War Criminal isn't here to experience this with us, but I've been slowly considering @It's HK-47 a much more laidback spiritual successor, and his contributions are what have been keeping me entertained and sane.)

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya Wearing the skin of a dead friend.

kiwifarms.net
  14. GOP will probably lose the midterms because that's what always happens when after an election, the winning party loses the midterms.

• Optimistic  x 4
    • Agree  x 1
    • Disagree  x 1
    •  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    Ron /pol/

Ron /pol/ my.mixtape.moe/fmazxh.webm

kiwifarms.net
  15. The SJW left has shown multiple times since 2016 they don't give a shit about moderates and centrists, time after time my SJW like friends, have shat on modertes by posting shit like
    "RIGHT: Lets kill all the Jews/Blacks/Hispanics!
    Left: let's not
    Moderates: Guys we need to stop fighting, we should only kill 50% of the Jews/Blacks/Hispanics"

Now we have Hillary saying "Bill's accusers were different from Trumps and the Supreme Court nominee.

The left also seems to forget how badly in shape they were just over 10 years ago when you had the Green Party, and other left political branches taking votes away from the DNC and the GOP and Libertarians at lease were some what lined up.

Then the tea party happened that some what weakened the GOP but the GOP got its shit back together, while the DNC allowed fringe interests to once again divide the party.

• Agree Agree x 3
    stupidpieceofshit

stupidpieceofshit Halloween in January is better.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. I mean, Trump really doesn't have to do much to get conservatives hyped. The Democratic party is doing a great job at self=imploding and discrediting themselves.

The Dem senator in my state barely won the seat last election. (Trump also won hugely.) It's not looking great this time around as their voting record doesn't reflect the views of the majority of the citizens, along with some blunders while Obama was still in office. I'm pretty much only following the elections for things I actually vote in so I can't speak for other states.

Trasha Pay That A$$

Trasha Pay That A$$ I like the D

kiwifarms.net
  17. Normally I'd hope for whichever party doesn't hold the presidency to take congress (or a Libertarian sweep). Not this time though. The progressives can eat shit. Call me a "racist nazi" enough and it turns out I start to accept it.

Fuck the Washington Post for making me go back to reading the Washington Times.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    oldTireWater

oldTireWater Incompetent as fuck

kiwifarms.net
  18. I honestly hope the DNC gets buttwrcked so hard that they finally wise up, drop all the idpol shit, and bathe in some annoying reddit tranny blood.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 13
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  19. I think the most salt will be produced with a red tsunami so I'm hoping for that.

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Like Like x 1
    adorable bitch

adorable bitch cackling with glee

kiwifarms.net
  20. That wake up call happened in 2016, but all they did was double down when their cards read 20 at a game of blackjack with a fresh deck.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    stupidpieceofshit

stupidpieceofshit Halloween in January is better.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.