Diseased US NERDS XD - People trying so hard to be nerdie™ to be different, and are only faggots

Pop-Tart

The final solution to the weeb question.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As a lot of people site are most likely into niche geek shit, and many of you may have noticed, its cool to be a le nerdy now. This shit has been going around since The Big Bang Theory got big. For those living under a rock, the best way to describe this is to watch any of the Nerd Crew episodes on Red Letter Media.

or just watch this

fangirl.JPG

nu male gaming.png

One annoying thing about all of this is how many companies have realized this is an easy market to pander to and release the worst quality shit to. As they will eat it all up no matter what, because they have to show off how geeky they are. I mean fuck I would argue this is what Funko Pop based their entire market around.

everything wrong with the games industry in one picture.png

TL;Dr
"Remember slap some gears on it and call it steam punk" as exceptional individuals were buying anything they saw as steampunk, replace that with anything seen as nerdy and there you are. Try hard faggots who want to be seen as nerdy and are into the most basic bitch shit, and will let everyone know how nerdy they are cuz they saw the original Star Wars once like everyone else did. There are sub types of people who do this, be they gaymur grrrls, or the effeminate nu male hipsters, etc.

Last edited:
K

KM 749

kiwifarms.net
You see a lot of people trying to defend their status as nerds by strawmanning all people who see them as "posers", which comes across as even more sad than being a poser in the first place.
asdvvadsvdsa.jpg
asdv.jpg

Who the hell invites people over to play Final Fantasy III?

Doug_Hitzel

A healthy, young man
kiwifarms.net
As a lot of people site are most likely into niche geek shit, and many of you may have noticed, its cool to be a le nerdy now. This shit has been going around since The Big Bang Theory got big. For those living under a rock, the best way to describe this is to watch any of the Nerd Crew episodes on Red Letter Media.

or just watch this

View attachment 302250

View attachment 302271

One annoying thing about all of this is how many companies have realized this is an easy market to pander to and release the worst quality shit to. As they will eat it all up no matter what, because they have to show off how geeky they are. I mean fuck I would argue this is what Funko Pop based their entire market around.

View attachment 302276

TL;Dr
"Remember slap some gears on it and call it steam punk" as exceptional individuals were buying anything they saw as steampunk, replace that with anything seen as nerdy and there you are. Try hard faggots who want to be seen as nerdy and are into the most basic bitch shit, and will let everyone know how nerdy they are cuz they saw the original Star Wars once like everyone else did. There are sub types of people who do this, be they gaymur grrrls, or the effeminate nu male hipsters, etc.
Shut the fuck up, nerd.

CIA Nigger

"IT'S NOT A FETISH MOM"
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes I wonder who actually eats up the crap sold in every "geek culture shit" aisle I see at stores.

I went to GameStop the other day and half the store was dedicated to geek culture trinkets, Pokemon and Comic book graphic tees, funko pops, and a loud ass voice blaring PREORDER NOW TO GET THIS NEW BONUS MISSION IN ASSASSINS CREED with half the games being moved to pushable carts and a relatively tiny part of the store actually selling games. Is it any wonder that half that stuff is always on clearance?

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't understand Funko Pops. They have them for many regular franchises, like Lost, so the market is I guess "nerds that like nerd stuff and other stuff too"? And are there that many people that want one of Dolores Umbridge? And why? My Barnes & Noble has several of those, even it's a purposely unlikeable character last seen in movies that are several years old now, like that's something people will want to buy at the mall...
I saw some image that said something like "why do Americans have a fundamental misunderstanding of cute?" with this:
upload_2017-10-24_17-57-33.png
tl;dr: REEEEEEEEE NORMIES

Sometimes I wonder who actually eats up the crap sold in every "geek culture shit" aisle I see at stores.

I went to GameStop the other day and half the store was dedicated to geek culture trinkets, Pokemon and Comic book graphic tees, funko pops, and a loud ass voice blaring PREORDER NOW TO GET THIS NEW BONUS MISSION IN ASSASSINS CREED with half the games being moved to pushable carts and a relatively tiny part of the store actually selling games. Is it any wonder that half that stuff is always on clearance?
This is a trend with a lot of stores. My previously mentioned Barnes & Noble has a decent size geek stuff section, which to its credit has some decent stuff. But remember when Barnes and Noble was mostly books and only a few toys and trinkets? I think I do...
And like you said, the stuff ends up on clearance. These stores all seem to become super cluttered once the geek stuff takes over too. Somehow, Suncoast still exists nearby, and its insanely cluttered. I know Amazon is hurting B&M media stores, but is the geek crap really helping them? I can't tell if they are the thread these stores are hanging by, or choking the last bit of life out of them. It certainly looks like the latter from the outside.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fandom Trash

Just your typical tumblr trash
kiwifarms.net
Geeks and nerds are just a new demographic that companies have just recently discovered they can sell products to.

Its more common for girls to be nerdy but theres no doubt a bunch of guys who feel any nerdy girl is just "fake" and "trying to attract male attention"

Can I just ask why nerdy/geek males tend to not care about hygiene as much?

K

KM 749

kiwifarms.net
"Getting turned on by a guy who can properly use the quadratic formula"
"Getting turned on by a guy who didn't flunk secondary school math"
wegrrgewger.jpg

Posers read these because they think they are funny but these are SERIOUS problems for real nerds.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino