War US to let Turkish forces move into Syria, dumping Kurdish allies - White House reveals policy shift, which follows conversation between Trump and Erdoğan

What should the Kurds do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
Yes. You can survive having your leg blown off and still go on to have a pretty good life after the war is over even with the difficulties missing a leg brings. The same cant be said for the guy who burned the inside of his lungs on gas and is lying in bed barely able to breath for weeks and weeks until they finally just stop working.
this is complete bullshit tbh
injuries from fire, explosions, shrapnel or gunshots are no less brutal or cruel than those from gas. plenty of dudes with burned off faces and mangled or shredded body parts to show it.

the actual reason gas warfare is banned is the same reason biological warfare is banned - because it's so volatile and hard to control that collateral damage against the local civilian population is impossible to avoid. similar reasoning applies to nukes and their radioactive fallout.

Oskar Dirlewanger

SS-Oberführer of 36th Waffen Grenadier Division
kiwifarms.net
Reminder that Syria, Iraq, et al were created by the British and French - with no regard for anything, least of all the people living there - out of the remains of the Ottoman Empire. Oh, and Afghanistan? Another success story for the British Empire, who kept it sufficiently fucked up so the Russians couldn't threaten British India.

Why do I bring that up? Well, mostly because the UK and France's Middle Eastern policies became the US's middle eastern policies; which is to say for the past 100 years the region has been fucked up on purpose by foreigners who fuck it up because that's what their predecessor did. Monkey sprayed with water experiment comes to mind. The only way forward is to stop interfering and let politics in the region begin to progress naturally. And if that means Turkish Empire 2: Sick Man Boogaloo; well who gives a fuck? It's always going to be some variety of Islamist dictatorship, better it be one with borders that make sense.
What you didn't mention is that the Ottoman Empire's favourite hobby was waging constant wars with Russia. Since late 17th century there was a russo-turkish war happening every 10-20 years. The US probably wouldn't mind Turkish Empire 2, but that wouldn't happen becuse the moment US leaves the middle east alone, it's all free real estate for Russia. The US will never leave the middle east because it can't.

ConcernedAnon

Concerned and hopefully anonymous
kiwifarms.net
Have you got any sources for that? I've believed this for some time, but after it stopped getting reported on I kind of forgot about it. Would love some concrete, indisputable evidence to shut up the people who still bring this up as a talking point.
I found a seemingly reasonable article concerning that take on the purported gas attack
I don't know about indisputable, but it outlines the physical argument well enough.

Last edited:

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
this is complete bullshit tbh
injuries from fire, explosions, shrapnel or gunshots are no less brutal or cruel than those from gas. plenty of dudes with burned off faces and mangled or shredded body parts to show it.

the actual reason gas warfare is banned is the same reason biological warfare is banned - because it's so volatile and hard to control that collateral damage against the local civilian population is impossible to avoid. similar reasoning applies to nukes and their radioactive fallout.
I didnt say explosions couldn't leave you mangled nor did I even touch on the "reason its banned" (lulsomeban) All I said is that losing is leg is prefferable to choking on poison gas because it entails less suffering.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Yes. You can survive having your leg blown off and still go on to have a pretty good life after the war is over even with the difficulties missing a leg brings. The same cant be said for the guy who burned the inside of his lungs on gas and is lying in bed barely able to breath for weeks and weeks until they finally just stop working.
You act like conventional weapons don't generate tons of burn victims and brain damage.

ICametoLurk

SCREW YOUR OPTICS, I'M GOING IN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/sdf-considering-partnership-with-assad-to-fight-off-turkish-invasion/
<SDF considering partnership with Assad to fight off Turkish invasion
>DAMASCUS, SYRIA (2:35 P.M.) – The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) might go on an alliance with Syrian President Bashar Assad in order to repel the Turkish military in northern Syria.
>“We are considering a partnership with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, with the aim of fighting Turkish forces”, the Commander-in-Chief of the Syrian Democratic Armed Forces, Mazlum Abdi, said.

LMAO TRUMP ENDED THE SYRIAN CIVIL WAR

Inquisitor_BadAss

Plunderer of booty and candy
kiwifarms.net
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/sdf-considering-partnership-with-assad-to-fight-off-turkish-invasion/
<SDF considering partnership with Assad to fight off Turkish invasion
>DAMASCUS, SYRIA (2:35 P.M.) – The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) might go on an alliance with Syrian President Bashar Assad in order to repel the Turkish military in northern Syria.
>“We are considering a partnership with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, with the aim of fighting Turkish forces”, the Commander-in-Chief of the Syrian Democratic Armed Forces, Mazlum Abdi, said.

LMAO TRUMP ENDED THE SYRIAN CIVIL WAR
The master of 4D chess strikes again.

Lou Wrong

Butthurt about Buddyloids
kiwifarms.net
Joint Statement of Egypt, Greece and Cyprus: We strongly condemn any Turkish attempt to undermine the territorial integrity of Syria
Damning in its smallness. The two countries which have hated Turkey for centuries and one that very much seems to hate their current government.

Foltest

King of Termia and protector of Kfarms
kiwifarms.net
I think that this is also a power play by Erdogan, as his power in Turkey is weakened in the last couple of years. The economy is down the shitter and thanks to the purge, the pretty decent Turkish army has suffer. I think he is using this to better strengthen his position at home.

• Agree
Reactions: ConfederateIrishman
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino