• Where NOBODY'S HOME.
  1. New Rule: If you declare your post is against the rules, it will be deleted.

World US Will Have a Space ForceTrump told the Pentagon to make it so

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by King n Yellow, Jun 18, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. Guess he wants to use it to deport some real aliens

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  2. All of my vet friends are going hard and heavy on the pro space force memes, but I still can't tell if they're taking a piss or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ForTheHoard

ForTheHoard Mocha Butt Fleshlight
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. I personally think the Space Force would be a massive waste of money that wouldn't help space exploration and would simply militarize what should be a purely scientific location.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Dr W

Dr W Synthesizing Mustard Gas

kiwifarms.net
  4. Anything of scientific interest has value. Anything that has value will eventually be militarized because more people will want it than can have it. Near Earth orbit is no different.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Your Weird Fetish

Your Weird Fetish Intersectional fetishist

kiwifarms.net
  5. And randomly slapping a bunch of soldiers with guns there will totally foster a spirit of international cooperation and scientific discovery, and it could never result in a situation where low Earth orbit gets covered in so much military junk that, due to Kessler Syndrome, prevents any real civilian or scientific exploration.

A Space Force would be fancy code for a bunch of nuclear satellites on polar orbits, equipped with spy cameras to make Orwell blush and precision guided missiles for the sake of waving around a giant phallus in orbit to say that the U.S owns space.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    Dr W

kiwifarms.net
  6. International cooperation is a farce, the only international cooperation is allied countries cooperating to ensure their own military superiority, because their enemies have done the same.

China's satellites are already suspected to be a threat to the USA's.

The moment a new resource is found and extractable outside of Earth, there will be a fight over who will get those resources, and the country with the strongest military presence will win the fight over resources, as has been the history of human conflict for millennia.

You think cameras on satellites are new? There's so many cameras up there, North Korea can't send a truck to one facility without the world knowing about it. There's plenty of civilian and non-government spy cameras as well constantly taking images of the earth from orbit.

• Agree Agree x 7
    kiwifarms.net
  7. So basically you think that people will always fight because we have since we were cavemen, cooperation is a farce, and the only way to survive is to hoard more guns and tanks than any other fucks. Furthermore, yes, I know that there are spy satellites, but now imagine several hundred more, and these ones have missiles.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Dr W

kiwifarms.net
  8. Has China been cooperative these last few years? You know, one of the biggest super powers in the world? Have they been "cooperating" in the South China Sea? No, they've been sending war ships to scare off other countries from coming close.

What makes you think that just if we want to play nice and cooperate, the rest of the world will?

The only effective defense is self defense. If other countries are building up their military, the only way not to be overtaken by them is to build up your own military to defend yourself. It's not that hard of a concept. Why do you think China is also building up its naval fleet largely? Do you think they just want to cooperate in the sea?

With China's inflammatory actions in the South China Sea, what kinds of actions do you think they'll take outside of Earth's atmosphere once we find resources to harvest?

• Agree Agree x 8
    kiwifarms.net
  9. The idea of a Space Force seems laughable right now but Russia has already done it. China probably will soon. I don't necessarily think that militarization of space is a particularly good idea. But in the space of a few years or more likely, decades, it's probably inevitable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem Defender of Earth-1218

kiwifarms.net
  10. We're gonna put big tremendous lasers in space that smite any illegal Mexican as he approaches the wall

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Yop Yop

Yop Yop Corrupted Citizen of the Private Villa

kiwifarms.net
  11. I don't see what it adds. From the very outset, astronauts were nearly universally military test pilots. Even now that the space program is explicitly civilian, more than half of the astronauts still come from the services. Experienced service members of the sort who apply are just generally more physically fit, more used to handling complicated technologies, more able to follow orders, and more able not to fuck up under stress.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    AnOminous

AnOminous life of the mind
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  12. I agree the "Space Force" will be a bunch of bureaucratic bullshit that could be done a lot cheaper with what we already have, but space exploration is pretty secondary to this. More shit being launched into space will help space exploration because of the economies of scale which keep less efficient rockets the only rockets we use (to not even speak of non-rocket spaceflight which is too expensive to invest in because we don't have the volume of launches which would make the investment reasonable). Cheaper launches = better probes, telescopes, etc.

The only thing stopping us from exploring space more is that our rockets suck. If it makes Blue Origin or SpaceX get more money as military contractors, then that will further space exploration (and most importantly exploitation) more than anything else. We need more rockets like the BFR, and hopefully the success of such a rocket would mean the government might sink a few billion on building an orbital ring.

Kessler effect can be averted more or less by putting more lasers in space or putting them on the moon. And put more nukes in space and on the moon, since that can clear out the debris for long enough to put more satellites and shit there to clear even more debris.

It's another good deterrance, just like nukes. If you can shoot a few rods from god on Moscow or Beijing at a moment's notice (which unlike nukes are a hell of a lot harder to intercept), then that's another reason the US's enemies might hesitate to fight a war.

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. the force.JPG

(http://archive.is/8iaYq)

commander.png

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  14. Mattis is on board, so I'm on board.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/7/james-mattis-voices-support-new-space-force-new-co/

Mattis voices support for new Space Force as new combatant command

[​IMG]
    Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis speaks with reporters before welcoming UK Secretary of State for Defense Gavin Williamson to the Pentagon for meetings, Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2018. (AP Photo/Cliff Owen) more >

Carlo Muñoz - The Washington Times - Tuesday, August 7, 2018
    Defense Secretary James Mattis on Tuesday threw his support behind the Trump administration’s push to create a new U.S. military force to fight future wars in space, saying the effort to create the new force is already underway.

Speaking to reporters at the Pentagon, the former four-star general said the United States needed to begin seriously preparing to counter defense and national security threats emanating from space. “Absolutely we need to address space as a developing warfighting domain,” Mr. Mattis said during a press gaggle ahead of a visit by British Defense Minister Gavin Williamson to the Pentagon.

“We’ll get it right. We’ll work it through the Congress. We have the direction from the president and we’re underway,” he told reporters. But Mr. Mattis broke slightly from the White House with his comments Tuesday, saying a U.S. military presence in space should be akin to other regional combatant commands, like U.S. Central Command or U.S. Pacific Command.

When Mr. Trump first floated the idea of a new Space Force last month, he indicated he would like the new organization to be a “separate but equal” branch of the armed forces — on par with the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps. Mr. Trump’s June announcement on social media of the new Space Force reportedly took the Pentagon by surprise. Defense Department officials had expressed their reservations over the new Space Force to the White House, in the days and weeks after the announcement.

Since then, the notion of standing up an entirely new military branch to address future national security threats from space has been met with consternation and skepticism among officials inside and outside the Pentagon. At issue was the notion a new Space Force military branch would simply replicate existing military capabilities already residing within the current military branches. Space-centric directorates in the Air Force and Navy are already tasked with countering threats from space.

However, U.S. military leaders have pressed forward with drafting options on a new Space Force for the White House. The proposals, first reported by Defense One, include the creation of a new combatant command for space, a new joint military agency tasked with buying new space-based weapons and satellites and a joint venture that would draw units from the various branches into a single military collective. The options are expected to be unveiled later this week.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    ForTheHoard

ForTheHoard Mocha Butt Fleshlight
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. So...We're basically getting the IRL version of that GTA joke "Republican Space Rangers":
    [​IMG]

All kidding aside, though, the real question is:
    How many trannies will this legislature LITERALLY kill?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. I'm more curious as to what you're supposed to call Space Force members. We have Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen, Guardsmen, and....Space Men? Star Men?

• Winner Winner x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Semper Fi to all armed astronauts :semperfidelis:

• Winner Winner x 1
    WhatNemesisMeans

WhatNemesisMeans Having dinner with an old friend

kiwifarms.net
  18. Space Marines obviously.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Marchesa_ofthe_Vast

Marchesa_ofthe_Vast Mediocre Commentator

kiwifarms.net
  19. Spaceforce is going to be mostly satcom guys(aka, The Communications Force branch of the military that never got created). No Space Marines, just people who do all the physics maths.

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    NeverHappened

NeverHappened That's the sound of books

kiwifarms.net
  20. YOU APES WANNA LIVE FOREVER?

Service guarantees citizenship!

They aren't worthy of space or the moon. The moon belongs to America, and anxiously awaits the arrival of our Astro-men. Will you be among them?

Vets are that excited about this shit. We really are just well armed dogs. Jesus....oohhh a squirrel, in my tree! That's MY tree! MY TREE AND MY BUSH!!

We do own space, silly billy. We own the planet. We must construct a Death Star that will be the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest we use.

We have to beat them to it because right now those fucking commie fucks would seize the planet and space for themselves. Also....I kinda wanna enlist back in and fight the god damn bugs.

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all! The only good bug is a dead bug! I'm doing my part!

Would you like to know more?

• Winner Winner x 1
    Maxliam

Maxliam Professional Niggo

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.