Using frosted mugs -

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Got some nice glass mugs last week. Thought I'd recreate the childhood experience of going to A&W Root Beer and enjoying root beer in a frosted mug. Put the mugs in the freezer overnight. Next day poured a cold can of A&W Root Beer into a mug. Whoa! Just like when I was a kid.

Today wanted to see if I could get the same effect with a soda other than root beer. Poured a cold RC Cola into a frosted mug. Not the same at all. Mug warmed up faster than with root beer. No ice formed in the cola.

Only thing I can think of is that root beer is made differently than cola.

Believe I'll be drinking more root beer in the future. Will try pouring a non-alcoholic beer into a frosted mug, see how that works. Don't drink alcoholic beverages.

Strange Wilderness

kiwifarms.net
I've done that with both root beer and actual beer before, but not in a while.
I do that with regular beer. My dad got me a frosted Guinness mug a few years back I still use.
How did actual beer work for you? I once tried mixing half real beer half root beer and I thought it wasn't that good. What about using Not Your Fathers Root Beer? Has anyone tried that to make a root beer float with alcoholic root beer?

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
How did actual beer work for you? I once tried mixing half real beer half root beer and I thought it wasn't that good. What about using Not Your Fathers Root Beer? Has anyone tried that to make a root beer float with alcoholic root beer?
Sorry, I think you misunderstood me, I wasn’t saying that I’ve mixed root beer and regular beer, just that I’ve drank root beer out of a frosted glass and regular beer out of a frosted glass separately.

I’ve not tried not your fathers root beer nor that as a root beer float, both sound interesting though.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I haven't tried those alcoholic root beers. I was under the impression they're just cheap generic root beer with a shot of grain alcohol or something.

Tags
None