Disaster Va. Gov. Northam starts making plans for his new Democratic legislature - AKA No one is coming for your guns!

X Prime

kiwifarms.net
I don't know how much of it will actually pass since VA really is a purple state. The DC suburbs and major city areas are blue, but nearly all the rest of the state is solidly red. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
The same way it plays out in every other state like that, such as California and New York. The blue cities dictate policy for the whole state.

Sexy Peach Emoji

The sexiest fruit known to man
kiwifarms.net
Don't be delusional. Virginia is never turning Red again; People who belived that VA was turning into a moderate swing state were either sticking their heads into the sand or were just idiots
I should have included "for now". VA is a lost cause as far as turning red goes. It will be like CA or NY. Red counties ruled by blue cities. The rot seeped in from DC though.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I should have included "for now". VA is a lost cause as far as turning red goes. It will be like CA or NY. Red counties ruled by blue cities. The rot seeped in from DC though.
Those red counties will eventually die once their populations give up hope and either move out or end up as a minority to the people moving in from North Virginia.

Syaoran Li

Cardcaptors Christmas
kiwifarms.net
North Virginia and DC suburbs, that's all you need to know.
Don't forget Richmond either.

@nanny911

Thanks to the liberal populations in Richmond and DC, Virginia is a purple state that is quickly turning blue.

The only reason why it hasn't gone full blue just yet and is still seen as a purple state in the eyes of the public is because it used to be a solid red state until the 2000's, and there were several hardcore "Bible Belt" red counties and cities in the state, most notably Lynchburg (home of Jerry Falwell and Liberty University) but now the blue cities of DC and Richmond have gone deep blue, with the purple areas of Roanoke and Hampton Roads turning light blue very quickly.

Before 2008, the only blue areas outside of Richmond and Northern Virginia were light blue college towns like Charlottesville, Blacksburg, and Harrisonburg, while purple districts like Roanoke, Staunton, and the Southside were very much purple and dominated by the moderate wings of both parties.

Now the light blue areas are deep blue, the purple areas are turning light blue, and the red areas are either turning purple or rapidly declining in population

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just hope they contain the bullshit there, but I’m not hopeful since it all spread from Maryland in the first place.

There is at least one 2A “sanctuary” county in Virginia; I used to think the idea was exceptional but I’m starting to question whether states are small enough jurisdictions to really represent their whole populations when there’s so much of a cultural divide.

At the very least I’m betting that if sweeping gun control legislation happens we’ll see even lower levels of compliance in VA than in New Zealand, NJ, etc.
Not only that, but lawsuits by the bushel. Fuck Northam and every Dem in the VA state government.

Abyssal Bulwark

In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming
kiwifarms.net
If Northam is seriously considering attempting a door-to-door confiscation, I doubt many people will comply. Chances are people on both sides (authorities doing the confiscation and citizens willing to die for their freedoms and 2A rights) are getting shot dead when confiscation is attempted. If things get really bad, Northam may very well have a full on armed rebellion on his hands.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
If Northam is seriously considering attempting a door-to-door confiscation, I doubt many people will comply. Chances are people on both sides (authorities doing the confiscation and citizens willing to die for their freedoms and 2A rights) are getting shot dead when confiscation is attempted. If things get really bad, Northam may very well have a full on armed rebellion on his hands.
Its almost like the 2nd amendment is an amendment which provides its own protection mechanism.

Foxxo

OH LAWD HE COMING
kiwifarms.net
Im literally shaking trump bros...
Cue Woody from Toy Story 3:

"Come on, guys. We all knew this day was coming."

Hamm: (OFFSCREEN) "Yeah, but now it's here."

Woody: "Look, every toy goes through this. No one wants to see..."

Buzz: "Hey, Sarge, what are you doing?"

(Sarge and his last two Soldiers climb to the window sill.)

Sarge: "War's over, folks. Me and the boys are moving on."

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino