Disaster Va. Gov. Northam starts making plans for his new Democratic legislature - AKA No one is coming for your guns!

KiwiLedian

At the end of some rope
kiwifarms.net
He probably should have waited until after the Supreme Court case on state gun laws is determined before opening his mouth. If they rule against NY, it would set a precedent and mean all these "common sense" laws would be moot and he would look like an ass; not that he isn't already for considering this.

Tour of Italy

Closed on Thanksgiving
kiwifarms.net
If Northam is seriously considering attempting a door-to-door confiscation, I doubt many people will comply. Chances are people on both sides (authorities doing the confiscation and citizens willing to die for their freedoms and 2A rights) are getting shot dead when confiscation is attempted. If things get really bad, Northam may very well have a full on armed rebellion on his hands.
What they really haven’t thought through is the consequences of what hundreds of thousands of police interactions would be, especially when the police know that the person on the other side of the door is armed. You can’t roll the dice that many times without people dying, to the point where you need to consider whether it’s even remotely worth it.

I’m not even talking about the boogaloo crowd; I’m talking about nervous cops with twitchy trigger fingers who just want to get home at the end of the day. You put a black person on the other side of the table from that and the risk of a disastrous result goes up significantly. It’s not even a fucking hypothetical because we saw this exact scenario in Texas less than a month ago, and that was for a goddamn wellness check.

That’s why it’s mind boggling to me that leftists think that confiscation is even a remotely good idea. What percentage of guns will be surrendered or discovered? Even apart from death and injury, how many people will have their lives ruined as a result of criminal consequences if they don’t comply? Do you trust the current police force to carry this out in a way that respects personal rights and doesn’t disproportionally impact minorities? They’ve done such a fucking fantastic job with drug enforcement after all. And are you comfortable with the expansion of armed police authority that would make this even possible to begin with?

Or as I like to frame it, how many black people are you comfortable with being killed so that you can shave less than a decimal percent off the chance of your suburban white neighborhood being the target of a mass killing?

He probably should have waited until after the Supreme Court case on state gun laws is determined before opening his mouth. If they rule against NY, it would set a precedent and mean all these "common sense" laws would be moot and he would look like an ass; not that he isn't already for considering this.
Christ I hope so but I’m not holding my breath on this one. Just because a judge is “conservative” doesn’t mean they understand or care about gun rights.

My wildest best-case scenario in their ruling is a milquetoast middle of the road ruling like Heller that isn’t strong as it needs to be but at least plugs the dike for another few years.

Last edited:

Karl_der_Grosse

GG Allin once threw his poop at me.
kiwifarms.net
This asshole's straight-up lying if he says voting for the ERA is gonna be all that's required to make it an official amendment. For one thing, the sunset clause for ratification is expired, and has been for literal decades. There are also those states that approved it, then revoked their approval. These are huge issues which would need to be litigated, probably for decades. Virginia can't just wave a magic wand and make it the constitutional law of the land. I'm sure capable lawyers have explained this to him in short words. This is super-popular with danger-hairs and the dumber Hollywood tweeters, they've been trying to meme it into existence for a couple of years. It won't go anywhere and if by some miracle it does, it's just going to be a huge and hugely expensive mess.

The Sourdough Region

Kick him in the penis
kiwifarms.net
Lots of talk about big igloos and non-compliance here. There's also a possibility of some of the more moderate democrats voting against a full on assault weapons ban to save face, but I'm likely being too optimistic.

Even among most democrats here Northam is considered unlikable at best.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People are making plans to move out of VA as a result of this election. It's tragic.
Honest question: How many states do people think they can move too? There is going to be a point where there is nowhere else to go.

Lots of talk about big igloos and non-compliance here. There's also a possibility of some of the more moderate democrats voting against a full on assault weapons ban to save face, but I'm likely being too optimistic.

Even among most democrats here Northam is considered unlikable at best.
Good fucking luck to those lads then, all I see at the moment are useful tools that Langley will ruthlessly use to further purge those groups.
I'd believe it when I see it.

HOMO FOR LIFE

flaunting her autism like a title of nobility
kiwifarms.net
I blame republicans for being a reactionary rather than an ideological front that is democrats. We have seen this coming many years prior.

Unless republicans evolve and grow out of a reactionary party, America is going to turn into Canada and become a total joke. Only thing keeping America from complete prosperity is democrats holding back America's destiny and republicans inability to assert manifest destiny.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I blame republicans for being a reactionary rather than an ideological front that is democrats. We have seen this coming many years prior.

Unless republicans evolve and grow out of a reactionary party, America is going to turn into Canada and become a total joke. Only thing keeping America from complete prosperity is democrats holding back America's destiny and republicans inability to assert manifest destiny.
So a slow death versus a quick death. Whats the point?

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net

Bud, both parties are owned by the rich, the only difference is which flavor you want. There are cycles where one party was dominant, fucked it self by being soft and the other one become dominant and so on. People thought in the 90s that the Republicans would turn America into a theocracy and look at them now, without Trump (a former democrat who lives honestly a very hedonistic lifestyle), they were royally fucked, Jeb Bush would let himself get pegged by Hillary Clinton on national TV. It would be all kabuki theater where republicans would pretend to investigate Hillary when we all know, the elite never throw their own in prison.

One of the many things I like about Trump is when he said that he gave money to all these whores, why not elect the puppetmaster over the puppets.

Free the Pedos

kiwifarms.net
Honest question: How many states do people think they can move too? There is going to be a point where there is nowhere else to go.
I think the hope is to preserve their individual liberties as long as possible, not to move to a state that isn’t endangered.

Part of me would really love to see a balls out crazy libertarian free state in NH or ID or something.

• DRINK!
Reactions: ConfederateIrishman

Echo_Ender

Doggo
kiwifarms.net
This asshole's straight-up lying if he says voting for the ERA is gonna be all that's required to make it an official amendment. For one thing, the sunset clause for ratification is expired, and has been for literal decades. There are also those states that approved it, then revoked their approval. These are huge issues which would need to be litigated, probably for decades. Virginia can't just wave a magic wand and make it the constitutional law of the land. I'm sure capable lawyers have explained this to him in short words. This is super-popular with danger-hairs and the dumber Hollywood tweeters, they've been trying to meme it into existence for a couple of years. It won't go anywhere and if by some miracle it does, it's just going to be a huge and hugely expensive mess.
The best part is that those states revoked their approval because they realized how hilariously BAD it is for women.

Women already have a ridiculous amount of legal protections and advantages.

Divorce? Favors women, especially via Alimony.

Custody battle? Favors women.

Criminal Court? Women typically get lesser sentences than men.

Pretty much any advantages women have could be immediately (And probably successfully!) challenged in court.

And you can bet Troons would get in on the fun at some point.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino