Well, at least he looks better than whatever the rest are, and thats still not saying much.
>lul white people food badCan't believe you posted the new remove whitey stretch goal without their incredibly mature response to its detractors (archive). Thankfully this is getting ratioed pretty hard so it appears there is still some sanity left on Twitter.
View attachment 1455329
Naturally the team are blocking anyone who disagrees and there are many hidden replies, in particular any mentioning the dreaded r-word.
View attachment 1455331 View attachment 1455336 View attachment 1455337 View attachment 1455339
View attachment 1456408
Well, they got funded. Let's see how the game actually performs now that they've alienated all but the most hateful POCs and self-flagellating whites.
Right as I was about to post, I saw they're now attempting to backpedal and say they were just pretending to be retarded- let's see how that works out for them.
View attachment 1456412
Yet it's ok when they make the black male character a rapping absentee father who sells fried chicken.
Absolutely hilarious backpedalling. "W-we weren't trying to be racist towards white people, we were totally just making a joke about cry-typing (while still shitting on white people)!"View attachment 1456438
They're posting like nothing ever happened. [source] [archive]
View attachment 1456442
Luckily, the Internet remembers, but they're backpedaling so hard right now. [archive]
View attachment 1456448
There's a whole PR statement made by the devs, and it essentially just boils down to 'hurrr sorry we were just pretending to be retarded'. There's this funny rumor that the one who made Miku Binder Jefferson was working on the game.
Here's the full version, if anyone was curious. [source] archive.org is acting like a little bitch, so anyone who can help archive that will earn my thanks!
View attachment 1456452
God, creme brulée is the dessert of heavens.
Also I got ninja'd.
I will never take faggots who unironically believe in "white people food bad" seriously. What makes a white pipo food to them? White bread? Ah yes let's just ignore the baguettes, croissant and other breads europeans have been eating for so long. It's such an american opinion.>lul white people food bad
I guess these people have never had any of those low tier white people foods like pizza, fondue, creme brulée, bagels, donuts, cinnamon rolls, french fries or quiche, or, hell, any of the five kajillion french sweets on the planet..
Which is just someone obsessively refreshing their Kickstarter page to watch the amount go up in small amounts.
Gotta give it to them, the trailer made me chuckle. But these people know they'll need an actual programmer for the FISHING MINIGAME they want, right? I don't think Ren'py can do that by itself like it can a straightforward dating sim.
I know they won't do it (because Italian guy's design has been released already and by that alone he already shares the same personality as 3/4s of the cast) but I'd kill for them to make the white guy be a "normie who could not care less about internet social justice" route.Knowing it's the only white dude, they're going to make him a normal guy who just happens to be ignorant on their views and thus he's bad despite the character being a normal person.
On one hand: his heavy piercings, antifa(?)/anarchy shirt, and empty black eyes rub me the wrong way like most of the other designs in the cast.
Katawa Shoujo focused on Quality over Quantity and it shows, but Validate is going the opposite route. KS "only" has 5 routes, but they are very long, written extremely well and every character gets a chance to shine and be developed over the course of their routes and even on the others'.They're really not putting their best foot forward, and honestly it just makes me want to replay VNs that I liked. I should see if I still have my Tsukihime installer laying around somewhere, or at least make some time to go through Fate/Stay Night again.Going through Katawa Shoujo again, because it's been too long since I romanced best girl Hanako, and it's really highlighting how fucking low effort this is.
- It's super clear the artists for KS put in a metric ton of work into the game, each girl has between a vast quantity of different sprites for different moods, poses, and outfits.
The sheer amount of different options available allow the VN to easily swap moods/poses in a scene to allow the story to feel alive and avoid a scene looking too static. Meanwhile, the Validate cast has 3-7 for each character, at least from whats been made available.
- They put in such neat flourishes that otherwise wouldn't have been noticed, such as Misha and Shizune flashing between poses to indicating the flurry of sign language being thrown between them, or the subtle mood changes on Hanako to indicate when she's avoiding eye contact but still stealing glances at you. Nothing I've seen about Validate so far has even indicated they would put that type of effort in. Hell, the text message/dating app gimmick provided in the game isn't even used effectively.
- The game actually spends a long time immersing you into the school in the intro chapter, letting you meet each girl and slowly build towards one of their routes. Validate decides to be fucking lazy and have you just pick what route you want to play. It's so immersion breaking, it feels like a goddamn fan-written path with how disjointed it is from the rest of the story.
- The soundtrack. Just about every track fits perfectly and is highly memorable because of scenes associated to certain tracks. It's relaxing and sweet, a perfect fit for a romance. Meanwhile, having listened to some of the tracks for Validate, I can't help but feel like the tracks won't mesh well with the game, or are just outright meh.
- Forgot to mention the UI. Despite giving Validate shit for having a bland and basic UI, KS also has a bland UI. But it's so minimal and non-intrusive, that it just blends in and doesn't stand out one way or another.