ValiDate - an upcoming (and unsurprisingly racist) visual novel made by SJW's, for SJW's.

NeilBreenLover69

kiwifarms.net
Can't believe you posted the new remove whitey stretch goal without their incredibly mature response to its detractors (archive). Thankfully this is getting ratioed pretty hard so it appears there is still some sanity left on Twitter.

View attachment 1455329

Naturally the team are blocking anyone who disagrees and there are many hidden replies, in particular any mentioning the dreaded r-word.

View attachment 1455331 View attachment 1455336 View attachment 1455337 View attachment 1455339
>lul white people food bad
I guess these people have never had any of those low tier white people foods like pizza, fondue, creme brulée, bagels, donuts, cinnamon rolls, french fries or quiche, or, hell, any of the five kajillion french sweets on the planet.
I sincerely doubt any of these fuckers were born in a household where they're anywhere connected to their ethnic heritage or roots. Maybe the hispanics(?) on the team, but most assuredly not the black or asian members of it. I guaran-fucking-tee you that the "african"-americans wouldn't recognize what "Umngqusho" is, and if I asked them if they wanted to eat Dodo, they'd think I was talking about the bird.
View attachment 1456408
Well, they got funded. Let's see how the game actually performs now that they've alienated all but the most hateful POCs and self-flagellating whites.

Right as I was about to post, I saw they're now attempting to backpedal and say they were just pretending to be retarded- let's see how that works out for them.

View attachment 1456412

Yet it's ok when they make the black male character a rapping absentee father who sells fried chicken.
View attachment 1456438
They're posting like nothing ever happened. [source] [archive]

View attachment 1456442
Luckily, the Internet remembers, but they're backpedaling so hard right now. [archive]
View attachment 1456448

There's a whole PR statement made by the devs, and it essentially just boils down to 'hurrr sorry we were just pretending to be retarded'. There's this funny rumor that the one who made Miku Binder Jefferson was working on the game.

Here's the full version, if anyone was curious. [source] archive.org is acting like a little bitch, so anyone who can help archive that will earn my thanks!
View attachment 1456452

Edit:

God, creme brulée is the dessert of heavens.

Also I got ninja'd. :(
Absolutely hilarious backpedalling. "W-we weren't trying to be racist towards white people, we were totally just making a joke about cry-typing (while still shitting on white people)!"
And like the emotionally stunted teenage girls they are, they try and throw one last snarky jab at everyone dismissively saying "yeah they're in there somewhere, you'll find them". Jesus, what a trainwreck this is.

gata

kiwifarms.net
>lul white people food bad
I guess these people have never had any of those low tier white people foods like pizza, fondue, creme brulée, bagels, donuts, cinnamon rolls, french fries or quiche, or, hell, any of the five kajillion french sweets on the planet..
I will never take faggots who unironically believe in "white people food bad" seriously. What makes a white pipo food to them? White bread? Ah yes let's just ignore the baguettes, croissant and other breads europeans have been eating for so long. It's such an american opinion.
It's fucking stupid, they shit on "white people" "food" yet shove (italian cuisine) pizza, (German origins) burgers, (euro cuisine) cakes and fried chicken (lots of old recipes from whites) down their throats. I guess Hungarians with their paprika fetish don't exist either.
They claim whytee are ignorant yet doesn't even know about the different cultures in europe. I bet they don't even know about the various cuisine in different african countries either.

I guess this is why I used to see some woke accounts saying the Mediterranean europeans are PoC so they can claim pizza as a PoC food. Just :lunacy: :lunacy: :lunacy:

Edit: this is not related to the topic but I just hate it when people go, european stole [insert culture/food here]! Ah yes because in the history of humans nobody traded goods or shared ideas ever!

Last edited:

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They made a trailer for the white guy.
Which is just someone obsessively refreshing their Kickstarter page to watch the amount go up in small amounts.

I think someone is under the delusion that they're about to get a big payday. I suspect one person is going to be walking (or running) away with the majority of their donations, and it's unlikely to be whoever's doing Twitter memes...

Ashen One

feat. Neil Breen from the Double Down series!
kiwifarms.net
Gotta give it to them, the trailer made me chuckle. But these people know they'll need an actual programmer for the 🔥 FISHING MINIGAME 🔥 they want, right? I don't think Ren'py can do that by itself like it can a straightforward dating sim.

I'm also curious as to how they'll put the minigame without it feeling out of place. None of the "routes" in the demo had anything to do with fishing.

Knowing it's the only white dude, they're going to make him a normal guy who just happens to be ignorant on their views and thus he's bad despite the character being a normal person.
I know they won't do it (because Italian guy's design has been released already and by that alone he already shares the same personality as 3/4s of the cast) but I'd kill for them to make the white guy be a "normie who could not care less about internet social justice" route.

The player character becomes more and more exasperated as the guy remains uninterested in talking about gender or race and tries to pull the guy to the woke side but the guy won't budge. They retain a fragile if rocky friendship despite that. From then it could go three ways:

The player character manages to successfully awaken the white guy's white guilt and he gets interested on woke things, fully drinking the koolaid. They start dating officially when the white guy creates a Twitter account and puts #BLM #ACAB on their name. Cut to months later with the guy posting on Twitter how he was kicked out of his house because he ruined the family's last Christmas with Grandma, who was diagnosed with a terminal illness, because a cousin said transwomen shouldn't compete against natal woman on sports and nobody chided him for it. As such, they were all a bunch of racist fascists assholes and deserved to have their party ruined. The player character likes the tweet in support of such a brave act while they eat a sandwich at Bopeye's.
White guy is worried about the player character because they are working themselves into a frenzy with their activism. Even benign things are sending them flying off the handle lately and they have been cutting contact with more and more people for imagined reasons. In a moment of clarity, player character realizes white guy is right and asks for help. White guy, noticing his WHITE PRIVILEGE has suckered in another defenseless minority, suggests player character spend some time with no internet to which they reluctantly agree. Cut to months later when both are dating and player character is a much happier person, due to being less online and not getting bombarded by constant negativity and outrage. The route ends with a romantic kiss, but points out how selfish you, the player character, are for choosing your happiness and mental health over activism for minorities.
Player character accepts a dinner invitation on white guy's apartment. They eat raw chicken because white people food am i right guys XD. Player character dies of salmonella and the game uninstalls itself.

It's funny that in terms of appearance he looks much less hideous than much of the rest of the cast. Reminds me of the Smithsonian's CRT "white culture" poster which unintentionally made white people seem awesome compared to blacks. In terms of personality though I assume hes going to be an anarchist antifa BLM "ally" or something based on the shirt he's wearing.

Peru oso donas

ME ENCANTA SER NAZI
kiwifarms.net
A big :optimistic: to all the people that think white boy won't be annoying. Just the antifa shirt gives out he will be a total sperg, maybe not as much as the tranny ogre or the black karen, but i bet he will either be an asskisser to his high on melanin alphabet soup gods at best, or an unlikable cunt whose entire personality will be "asshole who excuses his behavior on being a faggot" at worst.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Going through Katawa Shoujo again, because it's been too long since I romanced best girl Hanako, and it's really highlighting how fucking low effort this is.
  • It's super clear the artists for KS put in a metric ton of work into the game, each girl has between a vast quantity of different sprites for different moods, poses, and outfits.
    Shizune: 46
    Misha: 51
    Hanako: 61
    Rin: 67
    Emi: 105
    Lilly: 105
    The sheer amount of different options available allow the VN to easily swap moods/poses in a scene to allow the story to feel alive and avoid a scene looking too static. Meanwhile, the Validate cast has 3-7 for each character, at least from whats been made available.
  • They put in such neat flourishes that otherwise wouldn't have been noticed, such as Misha and Shizune flashing between poses to indicating the flurry of sign language being thrown between them, or the subtle mood changes on Hanako to indicate when she's avoiding eye contact but still stealing glances at you. Nothing I've seen about Validate so far has even indicated they would put that type of effort in. Hell, the text message/dating app gimmick provided in the game isn't even used effectively.
  • The game actually spends a long time immersing you into the school in the intro chapter, letting you meet each girl and slowly build towards one of their routes. Validate decides to be fucking lazy and have you just pick what route you want to play. It's so immersion breaking, it feels like a goddamn fan-written path with how disjointed it is from the rest of the story.
  • The soundtrack. Just about every track fits perfectly and is highly memorable because of scenes associated to certain tracks. It's relaxing and sweet, a perfect fit for a romance. Meanwhile, having listened to some of the tracks for Validate, I can't help but feel like the tracks won't mesh well with the game, or are just outright meh.
  • Forgot to mention the UI. Despite giving Validate shit for having a bland and basic UI, KS also has a bland UI. But it's so minimal and non-intrusive, that it just blends in and doesn't stand out one way or another.
They're really not putting their best foot forward, and honestly it just makes me want to replay VNs that I liked. I should see if I still have my Tsukihime installer laying around somewhere, or at least make some time to go through Fate/Stay Night again.

Last edited:

Ad Lib Moaning

kiwifarms.net
On one hand: his heavy piercings, antifa(?)/anarchy shirt, and empty black eyes rub me the wrong way like most of the other designs in the cast.
On the other hand: he looks more normal than the rest of the cast.
If he turns out normal, he would be right next to Malik on the best character on the cast. But I'm being very cautiously optimistic here, there's a reason humans go away or feel unease from very vibrant colours after all because its a meaning of a warning, same reason on seeing the people with really colourful attire in the cast since they had been predicted out to be sperging lunatics, but its a hard 50/50 toss on the normal-looking ones.

Ashen One

feat. Neil Breen from the Double Down series!
kiwifarms.net
Going through Katawa Shoujo again, because it's been too long since I romanced best girl Hanako, and it's really highlighting how fucking low effort this is.
  • It's super clear the artists for KS put in a metric ton of work into the game, each girl has between a vast quantity of different sprites for different moods, poses, and outfits.
    Shizune: 46
    Misha: 51
    Hanako: 61
    Rin: 67
    Emi: 105
    Lilly: 105
    The sheer amount of different options available allow the VN to easily swap moods/poses in a scene to allow the story to feel alive and avoid a scene looking too static. Meanwhile, the Validate cast has 3-7 for each character, at least from whats been made available.
  • They put in such neat flourishes that otherwise wouldn't have been noticed, such as Misha and Shizune flashing between poses to indicating the flurry of sign language being thrown between them, or the subtle mood changes on Hanako to indicate when she's avoiding eye contact but still stealing glances at you. Nothing I've seen about Validate so far has even indicated they would put that type of effort in. Hell, the text message/dating app gimmick provided in the game isn't even used effectively.
  • The game actually spends a long time immersing you into the school in the intro chapter, letting you meet each girl and slowly build towards one of their routes. Validate decides to be fucking lazy and have you just pick what route you want to play. It's so immersion breaking, it feels like a goddamn fan-written path with how disjointed it is from the rest of the story.
  • The soundtrack. Just about every track fits perfectly and is highly memorable because of scenes associated to certain tracks. It's relaxing and sweet, a perfect fit for a romance. Meanwhile, having listened to some of the tracks for Validate, I can't help but feel like the tracks won't mesh well with the game, or are just outright meh.
  • Forgot to mention the UI. Despite giving Validate shit for having a bland and basic UI, KS also has a bland UI. But it's so minimal and non-intrusive, that it just blends in and doesn't stand out one way or another.
They're really not putting their best foot forward, and honestly it just makes me want to replay VNs that I liked. I should see if I still have my Tsukihime installer laying around somewhere, or at least make some time to go through Fate/Stay Night again.
Katawa Shoujo focused on Quality over Quantity and it shows, but Validate is going the opposite route. KS "only" has 5 routes, but they are very long, written extremely well and every character gets a chance to shine and be developed over the course of their routes and even on the others'. But not having a Kenji route is a fucking atrocity, give me my manly picnic bromance.

In comparison, Validate is aiming for a bigger cast with many different "routes" each, but their quality will suffer for it because you just can't put the same effort it takes to write 5 good routes into 30+ (according to their website) and expect the same result. Even a good team would have trouble making good scenarios for the amount of routes they are planning for this game, but for an inexperienced team like this one it'll be an herculean task to do that and have a good result.

The idea of not having a fixed "main character" and allowing you to pick someone from the cast to be the protagonist is interesting, but it creates the problem of needing much more work to create a different story for each and every available pairing, and each route needing to develop both characters instead of focusing on one.

Last edited:

ice tray

kiwifarms.net
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the Fishing Minigame goal is supposed to be an inside joke to make fun of Dream Daddy for having a fishing minigame. That’s the only reason I could think of besides lol random humor.

Anyways, I need to sperg about the art inconsistency for a bit.
The reason that having characters drawn in different art styles from each other works in Into the Spider-Verse or The Amazing World of Gumball is because 1) They’re not slice-of-life dating sims which are meant to feel like a somewhat realistic, grounded world, and 2) The art style differences exist for comedic effect. Validate takes itself way too seriously for how goofy it looks (or at least, the devs take it way too seriously).

A dating sim with each character drawn in a different art style could work if it was meant to be comedic instead of a statement about how ~unique~ the artists are. And that didn’t even work since the characters’ designs and personalities are so similar I can barely remember who’s who, even with the different art styles. The Validate team wants their game to be taken seriously when they can’t put any serious effort into it.

It’d be one thing if they actually acted like a group of friends who just wanted to make something for fun, but all they want is praise and ass kissing for their game’s shitty representation (and that sweet, sweet $$$) while putting minimal effort in. But hey, if I’m being optimistic maybe this is the start of SJWs making their own media instead of trying to take over anything and everything under the sun. Here’s hoping.

Last edited:
Tags
None