Vampire Hunter D - A series of light novels written by Hideyuki Kikuchi and illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really want to start reading them, but I don't know where to put the books should I purchase them lol, need to invest in a new bookshelf.

I don't know of any place to read Japanese novels (and light novels), though, if I'm to get started sooner or later.

Orion Balls

A well placed trap.
kiwifarms.net
Read the first five seven. (Had to check my bookshelf.) Decent pulp fiction. But I agree with @Megaroad 2012, the books have some weird views on sexuality, in general. Vampires always want to be eating hot chicks.

Megaroad 2012

FUCK IT UP, PIGFACE!
kiwifarms.net
Read the first five seven. (Had to check my bookshelf.) Decent pulp fiction. But I agree with @Megaroad 2012, the books have some weird views on sexuality, in general. Vampires always want to be eating hot chicks.
I remember the book the second movie was based on had the heroine being routinely raped by her brothers or something and was like, I've had enough.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v5.0

Shitlord
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
I've read a few, meant to get more, never did, probably will eventually.

They're decent pulp, like people say. If you like the world and setting of the movies they are more of the same; I think the movies capture the books well. I'm not a huge anime fan, but I enjoy a few and Vampire Hunter D was one of them, so I started reading the books and was not disappointed.

They expand a bit on the lore, but there's still a lot of mystery and unexplained stuff which is a good way to go.

LinkinParkxNaruto[AMV]

I try so hard and got so far
kiwifarms.net
Never read the books but i love the artbook with Amano's work for it. Bloodlust is a great halloween movie too, definitely more style over substance but i loved it.
vampire hunter d.gif

Also, theres a psx game, i had a vivid memory of a game magazine i had with a spread about it and i though the game looked cool as heck but never actually played it. Its a cool nostalgic memory though.

Affluent Reptilian

kiwifarms.net
Can't comment on the books. Iirc there's a new anime series being made on this - maybe being made in the west? Bloodlust is a great movie. Fantastic animation, a vivid depiction of the strange science fantasy world, some surprisingly decent character drama, and the dialogue is much less stilted and weird than most anime (iirc this was because it was originally expressly intended for a Western audience, and English might actually be the canonical audio?). One of my favourite anime films (although I don't watch tons of anime so maybe that's not such high praise), and a must watch for anyone into gothic horror or far-future Dying Earth science fantasy.

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
Its worth noting the original flick got redubbed at some point, which makes me sad as hell. The original is one of my personal favorites when it comes to anime.

I legit didn't like Bloodlust though. Maybe I'm just too much of a hardass.

Tags
None