Disaster Vegan activist who ‘rescued’ 16 rabbits killed nearly 100 in the process - “Oops”

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

A vegan activist in Spain who claimed to have been attacked by an angry mob last week — after she “rescued” 16 rabbits from their farm — wound up causing the deaths of nearly 100 baby bunnies in the process, a report says.

The activist, who goes by the name “Mythical Mia” on social media, conducted the alleged rescue mission on a farm near Osono last Sunday, according to the Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia.

Five rabbits, which were pregnant and about to give birth, were killed during the chaotic retrieval and several others were left with broken spines, the paper reports, citing an assessment from a local veterinarian.

A number of the rabbits that Mythical Mia, a Barcelona-based activist, took that day were said to have been pregnant or lactating. Their offspring included an estimated 90 bunnies, which had to be euthanized after being abandoned, according to La Vanguardia.

The mama bunnies that got left behind but survived were reportedly forced to have abortions.

Mia, whose real name is unknown, posted a video on her Instagram page last week “documenting” the bloody aftermath of her rabbit rescue.

“This is what has just happened to us, look, I’m documenting the whole thing,” she said. “I’m covered in blood. This is what the farmers have done. They shot through our window and chased us down the motorway. Oh my God, I’m literally covered in blood.”

The woman, who sounds British, has been posting information on her IG page about rabbit farming. She provided an update on the “rescued” rabbits, confirming that she had to “leave thousands of mothers and babies behind.”

These 16 are the lucky ones,” Mia said. “After actions like this we get to go home but for them there is no way out. We only managed to find a home for 16 beforehand, so had to leave thousands of mothers and babies behind. They will be trapped inside those cages for their entire lives, their only escape is when they are shipped off to a slaughterhouse to be murdered for their flesh and fur. Rabbits like these are also abused for animal testing, tortured for a lifetime before eventually getting murdered too. They are also regularly kept as ‘pets’ often in solitary confinement and inappropriate conditions suffering from boredom and multiple other health issues.”

Mia added, “What we do to the animals need to end immediately. This injustice has gone on far too long. We will continue to enter in these facilities to expose these horrors and liberate the beings trapped inside for as long as it takes. We are not going anywhere. Join us in our fight, be vegan, be active and let’s put an end to this once and for all.”

Attempts to reach the activist were unsuccessful early Monday.

Last edited:

Diabolical diabetic

No bullying allowed
kiwifarms.net
“This is what has just happened to us, look, I’m documenting the whole thing,” she said. “I’m covered in blood. This is what the farmers have done. They shot through our window and chased us down the motorway. Oh my God, I’m literally covered in blood.”
"I invaded their property, stole from them and attempted to destroy their livelihood and somehow for some reason they still had the AUDACITY to fight back"

I'mFedupWithThisWorld

Done With All this Liberal Bullshit
kiwifarms.net
This is why my username is what it is.
I am so sick of hypocritical people like Mia who do more harm than good. They say the path to hell is paved with even the best intentions but I do not think there were any good intentions behind this at all. I own a pair of rabbit fur earmuffs and they are the most comfortable things ever. Rabbits breed like well. . .rabbits.

Heck they were one of the fertility symbols of the goddess Aphrodite because of how quickly they multiply and breed. They are cute looking but a total pest in a garden. Rabbit Stew when made correctly is delicious. Farmers need to make a living too, and they do that by farming crops, dairy, beef, pork, etc. If you take away any of that you are essentially taking away their money and by association taking away their livelihood. It costs a lot of money to upkeep a farm. To keep those rabbits fed and healthy.

Okay rereading this it is very clear I am not medicated. I went on so many random 'rabbit trails' (pun intended). Jesus, that's bad.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is why my username is what it is.
I am so sick of hypocritical people like Mia who do more harm than good. They say the path to hell is paved with even the best intentions but I do not think there were any good intentions behind this at all. I own a pair of rabbit fur earmuffs and they are the most comfortable things ever. Rabbits breed like well. . .rabbits.
Edgy. Though Your Name Is Not Important.

Ghost of Wesley Willis

Whooping Batman's Ass in Heaven
kiwifarms.net
Most modern activism is selfish, disconnected ego-driven masturbation.
People are so desperate to do something meaningful right now.
Part of me wishes modern activism peaked with Kony 2012, but it seems like it's just a contest to see who can outdo Kony 2012 in terms of moral masturbation and false feelings of making change.

Maggots on a Train v2

new and improved account
kiwifarms.net
>Five rabbits, which were pregnant and about to give birth, were killed during the chaotic retrieval and several others were left with broken spines, the paper reports, citing an assessment from a local veterinarian.
What a fucking idiot. I genuinely wish there was security video of whatever this moron did. Did she back over the cages with a car? Throw the cages out of a window? Whatever it was must have been spastic and stupid.

Morbility

Lewd Senpai
kiwifarms.net
These people don't know shit about domesticated animals. They didn't go into this farm to save shit. They hurt a bunch of animals all for a drop of social media clout and to be able to scream to the heavens that they are good vegans fighting the good fight. Those poor rabbits must've been in so much pain, just getting yanked up by idiots with enough force to break their spines. Those 16 that they rescued are bound to die soon because of this.

YooA

kiwifarms.net
What were they planning to do with these rabbits? Take a few selfies and then abandon them in the woods to be eaten by wolves? And why not just purchase the rabbits? Point is these people feel so morally righteous that they can just violate the law in pursuit of their goals. They don't have to follow the law because what they're doing is right. I know for a fact they haven't learned their lesson, I'm glad at least the farmer was there to respond to their thievery.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino