Vegan/Vegetarian Food General - "Cruelty Free" food for the masses

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

CHARizard

I came here to laugh at you.
kiwifarms.net
My wife has a rare allergy to Casein, which is essentially in any kind of cow product. I have gotten a few looks at the checkout line for having vegan cheese with a pack of bacon in my basket.

I have learned to cook with a lot of this stuff, and almost none of it is a good substitute. The cheese for example, usually has the consistency of snot, and will only melt under high temps, but we finally found a brand that tastes pretty good. I hate looking at the back of the package though and seeing a paragraph of bullshit, and it also costs like 5 times as much as real cheese!

Next time you are in the grocery store take a look at the back and see if it contains milk, you will be surprised by how many things in America contain it and how hard it can be to avoid.

Lil' Misogynist

Mental illness is BADASS!!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Vegan and vegetarian food gets a bad rap because it's often perceived in the public conscience as food with meat and/or dairy replacements. Vegetarian "meats" and vegan "cheeses" have come a long way in the past 12 years, but some people just can't get into them, and that's fine. The best vegetarian and vegan dishes are full meals that just so happen to be friendly to those demographics. Margherita pizza, tomato soup, and apple cobbler are vegetarian. Falafel balls, PB&J sandwiches, and lots of salad recipes are vegan. Learning how to cook a vegetable without dropping it in boiling water and praying for the best can do wonders for your health and grocery budget. Pescetarianism is underrated and also a great dietary option.

SarsCUTE69

Vaccines cause troonism.
kiwifarms.net
Media and pharma wants to shove this plant crap down our throat to sell supplements. we CAN NOT digest plants and there are at least 16 nutrients that plants are lacking off, also they are full of anti nutrients and oxalates.
Plants are alive and they want to remain alive like most living things that's why most taste like shit. Also there are shiton of evidence of all this "plants are so healthy omg" is bullshit.

Vinluv Handesbukia

Acclaimed Winkologist #A&Wmoment
kiwifarms.net
A7F74D47-C81C-4FBB-ADCF-CCD109B2867B.jpeg

All natural GMOs

Product Placement

kiwifarms.net
My wife has a rare allergy to Casein, which is essentially in any kind of cow product. I have gotten a few looks at the checkout line for having vegan cheese with a pack of bacon in my basket.

I have learned to cook with a lot of this stuff, and almost none of it is a good substitute. The cheese for example, usually has the consistency of snot, and will only melt under high temps, but we finally found a brand that tastes pretty good. I hate looking at the back of the package though and seeing a paragraph of bullshit, and it also costs like 5 times as much as real cheese!

Next time you are in the grocery store take a look at the back and see if it contains milk, you will be surprised by how many things in America contain it and how hard it can be to avoid.
Have you not tried goat cheese or halloumi which is normally a mix of goats and sheep's cheese?

Some halloumi does have some cows milk, however, if you can find some without I'd strongly recommend giving it a taste.

CHARizard

I came here to laugh at you.
kiwifarms.net
Have you not tried goat cheese or halloumi which is normally a mix of goats and sheep's cheese?

Some halloumi does have some cows milk, however, if you can find some without I'd strongly recommend giving it a taste.

Goat cheese is tricky, sometimes they use cow milk enzymes as a starter. We have found a few that work but they are always REALLY expensive.

I personally love halloumi but again its finding it without cows milk in it. The tricky thing about Casein is it is in anything that comes out of a cow, the meat and the milk.

Kuchipatchi

How do you do, fellow women? #lgbtqiap
kiwifarms.net
I was wondering about something for a while now and I thought that I'd ask about it here.

At my social club, there's a vegan guy that is 100% vegan and has been for years but recently, I've noticed that he's been getting fatter. His belly looks like a beer belly at this point and he's only in his early-mid 20s, not a middle-aged alcoholic. How can he get fatter as a result of eating vegan stuff?
My image of a vegan was always a Euginia Coony look-a-like but he's different.

Frail Snail

kiwifarms.net
Goat cheese is tricky, sometimes they use cow milk enzymes as a starter. We have found a few that work but they are always REALLY expensive.
I thought there were plants and flowers that have equivalent enzymes to ones found in calf's stomach lining for cheese starters?

I was wondering about something for a while now and I thought that I'd ask about it here.

At my social club, there's a vegan guy that is 100% vegan and has been for years but recently, I've noticed that he's been getting fatter. His belly looks like a beer belly at this point and he's only in his early-mid 20s, not a middle-aged alcoholic. How can he get fatter as a result of eating vegan stuff?
A lot of vegetarians and vegans slim down just because they embraced moderation and strictness in their diet, similar to people who do fad diets like keto, paleo etc. Ask him how many vegan pastries and sweets he consooms as comfort food and you might get your answer. After all, sugar and vegetable oil (by extension, margarine) are 100% vegan.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Kind of skimming a lot of vegan and anti-vegan channels, one thing I've learned is that the human body really can't process artificial supplements like multi-vitamins. It's facinating how a lot of long-term vegans are still vitamin deficient despite the fact that they megadoze on the vitamins not in their food. Vegans probably take in for example more B-12 than people that don't eat steak/red meat every day, yet are STILL deficient. Either these are fat-soluable vitamins and they aren't getting enough fat to absorb them correctly, or multivitamins and vitamin pills/sprays simply don't work.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
You are 100% correct. I had bacterial pneumonia a few years ago and the antibiotic they gave me had to be taken with food. It also could not be taken with dairy, nor could dairy be consumed three hours before and two hours after each dose, and since I value my digestive track not being in agony I made a point to follow that as best I could. I really feel for your wife.

Likely

kiwifarms.net
I thought there were plants and flowers that have equivalent enzymes to ones found in calf's stomach lining for cheese starters?

A lot of vegetarians and vegans slim down just because they embraced moderation and strictness in their diet, similar to people who do fad diets like keto, paleo etc. Ask him how many vegan pastries and sweets he consooms as comfort food and you might get your answer. After all, sugar and vegetable oil (by extension, margarine) are 100% vegan.
being a vegetarian made me read labels. the rest fell into place.

Syikeblade

kiwifarms.net
Kind of skimming a lot of vegan and anti-vegan channels, one thing I've learned is that the human body really can't process artificial supplements like multi-vitamins. It's facinating how a lot of long-term vegans are still vitamin deficient despite the fact that they megadoze on the vitamins not in their food. Vegans probably take in for example more B-12 than people that don't eat steak/red meat every day, yet are STILL deficient. Either these are fat-soluable vitamins and they aren't getting enough fat to absorb them correctly, or multivitamins and vitamin pills/sprays simply don't work.
Could be why eating liver and beef helps with my anemia, even though I take a 63mg iron supplement everyday.

Adolf Hitler

Er/ ihn.
kiwifarms.net

I personally love halloumi but again its finding it without cows milk in it. The tricky thing about Casein is it is in anything that comes out of a cow, the meat and the milk.
How about not feeding that bitch cheese?

teriyakiburns

I'm a really big fan of Bill Murray
kiwifarms.net
Could be why eating liver and beef helps with my anemia, even though I take a 63mg iron supplement everyday.
More likely, the iron supplement you're taking is derived from plants, and as such is poorly bioavailable. Plant-derived iron compounds are poorly absorbed by the human body and tend to be blocked if you take them with any form of calcium or a whole bunch of things that are typical in a balanced diet. Tea blocks their absorption entirely. They're a classic example of why the nutritional content is, at best, a half truth. I suffered anaemia for a long while and was taking iron supplements to counteract it, but all I got was green shit and a sore stomach. My doc eventually told me to just eat more beef.

BluntyBitch

Sharp as ATTACK
kiwifarms.net
More likely, the iron supplement you're taking is derived from plants, and as such is poorly bioavailable. Plant-derived iron compounds are poorly absorbed by the human body and tend to be blocked if you take them with any form of calcium or a whole bunch of things that are typical in a balanced diet. Tea blocks their absorption entirely. They're a classic example of why the nutritional content is, at best, a half truth. I suffered anaemia for a long while and was taking iron supplements to counteract it, but all I got was green shit and a sore stomach. My doc eventually told me to just eat more beef.
Also if your B panels (like B12) are low,as they often are in women, then taking the iron pills Ferris Sulfate does NOTHING because you need proper healthy B panel levals to absorb the iron, otherwise yeah it just goes thru u and u don't absorb any of the iron.

A standard blood test is really helpful before just grabbing iron pills to treat anemia .

It's the soy. Does he have a soy face too? (If he does we have a thread for that) Starting to look like a flabby effeminate woman?

He's probably still nutritionally malnourished like most vegans

Agent Abe Caprine

Praise Idol Adachi
kiwifarms.net

A lot of junk food is technically vegan. Some vegans care if the food comes into contact with animal products but not all. I'd imagine most don't even think about that. Sugar is also vegan.

Linkola's IT Guy

Not removing my medallion
kiwifarms.net
A lot of junk food is technically vegan. Some vegans care if the food comes into contact with animal products but not all. I'd imagine most don't even think about that. Sugar is also vegan.
Indulging on vegan junk food is almost certainly what happened to this guy. Part of the reason why vegans and vegetarians tend to be thinner and healthier is that it's simply harder to overeat when plants have a much lower caloric density than animal products. I think most sensible vegans who are in it for health reasons would agree that it would be better for Americans to eat a primarily plant-based diet with occasional meat than to overeat sugary vegan junk foods.

Kosher Snake

Church of Maxwellism, Church of the Broken God
kiwifarms.net
The problem isn't eating meat; it's eating too much meat, especially red meats. A strictly vegan diet cuts out vital nutrients and vitamins that require you to take supplements. Even vegetarians will still eat eggs and cheese.
Vegans are just an aberration hell bent on pretending that eating just fruits, vegetables and Frankenfood is somehow healthier when the 'natural' diet people are just as guilty as standard food companies when it comes to misinformation. It not what you eat; it's how much you eat of it.

And seriously vegan cheese is fucking horrifying. That shit doesn't melt.
in other words, they're trying to combat an extreme with another extreme...
newsflash: it ain't gonna solve shit