Venezuela Megathread - Mercenaries 2 references galore! Cubanodun is MVP

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Lol https://twitter.com/anyaparampil/status/1106964821973577733
View attachment 699971Do you know where I can read about this? (I don't mind sources in Spanish)
I know of this a friend talked me about.

From first link (using google translator):
The document suggests initiating actions for the Judicial Power to order the dissolution of these organizations. The plenary session of the Congress approved the final report of the commission that investigated the actions and financing of the so-called Casas de Alba, which recommends the closure of said organizations. The document suggests that the Government instruct the Minister of Justice, Rosario Fernández, so that the necessary actions can be taken to ensure that the Judicial Branch disposes of the dissolution of such organizations. The report, which was approved by 45 votes in favor, 33 against and four abstentions, indicates that "Chavista propaganda" was found in the Casas de Alba, according to the Andina news agency. Also, that 40 leaders of these have judicial, police or criminal records. In addition, it was found that they made several trips to Venezuela and Bolivia within the framework of Mission Miracle, and participated in acts of violence in the south of the country. It was also determined that some radio stations in the interior of the country, linked to the Casas de Alba, incited violence among the population. The investigations carried out by the investigating commission concluded that in the country "there are 148 Casas de Alba, of Friendship and others similar that have different denominations at a national level". In addition, the document details, the so-called "Operation Miracle" in Peru was used to promote leaders, movements and political parties. Regarding the ophthalmological surgical operations performed on Peruvians captured by such organizations, the report states that there were several cases of false medical diagnoses, controls were evaded for the trip of these patients to Venezuela, and postoperative complications were detected. According to the commission, there would be evidence that the ambassador of Venezuela in Peru and the official of that diplomatic headquarters, Virly Torres, "intervened directly in these trips." Therefore, he concluded that they would have engaged in political proselytizing through the Bolivarian thinking of Hugo Chávez.
 
Reactions: ATaxingWoman

Ghostse

Waffle SS Untergroupenfurher
kiwifarms.net
In 2008 hurricane Ike hit the florida coast so damn hard that it blew out chunks of the power grid as far north as Ohio. Downed power lines and some general substation damage left parts of the rural areas of the midwest without grid power for up to a week.

Ie, it's not surprising that grid power is still spotty but I'm glad to see you back and hope that you continue to stay safe.
Yes, after monsterous winds taking down big trees, some of the remotest areas in the midwest had to wait a week for forestry crews to remove the natural-disaster caused issues. Not the cities. Not the towns. We're talking people way out in the boonies. Cell service never went down got any worse than it was before.
 

Cubanodun

White PlayStation Supremacist
kiwifarms.net
I find it funny that all of these twitter posts and such focus on the US and not the countless other countries who also recognized Guaidó. Really makes ya wonder if they have some other motivation.
I found more funny that the first batch of sanctions did not come from Orange Man, it was Obama who begins the first set, but that is a inconvenient fact for the american left and we don't like those imarite ?
 

1Tonka_Truck

Loaded Like A Boxcar Moving Like A Racecar
kiwifarms.net
In 2008 hurricane Ike hit the florida coast so damn hard that it blew out chunks of the power grid as far north as Ohio. Downed power lines and some general substation damage left parts of the rural areas of the midwest without grid power for up to a week.
If you are talking about Hurricane Gustav, it never hit Florida. It made landfall in Louisiana as a Cat 2 and pushed inland where it merged with a low that was coming off the west coast. The system of thunderstorms generated from the tropical depression and normal low merging caused damage from Texas up into the Great Lakes. People in the midwest lost power as a result of storms in the midwest.

The last time the US suffered a major grid failure was 2003. Grid failure =/= storm damage.
 

Pixy Misa

kiwifarms.net
I'm relatively new on this thread, but I do keep and eye on it. So, @Cubanodun please keep yourself safe. I know wishes on the internet are hollow, but I hope this crisis passes soon.
 

Qi Meng Dealer

No one's idea of a hot date
kiwifarms.net
Lol https://twitter.com/anyaparampil/status/1106964821973577733
View attachment 699971Do you know where I can read about this? (I don't mind sources in Spanish)
The funny thing about this is that if you offered these people free Venezuelan citizenship, Bolivars, and tickets to Caracas so they could really support Maduro and stick it to Orange Man, 99% of them will find any sort of excuse to not go, with the other 1% choosing to go out of ignorance of what’s happening and regretting it immediately the moment they step foot in Venezuela.
 

ATaxingWoman

Professional Imadoofus Tax Investigator
kiwifarms.net
The funny thing about this is that if you offered these people free Venezuelan citizenship, Bolivars, and tickets to Caracas so they could really support Maduro and stick it to Orange Man, 99% of them will find any sort of excuse to not go, with the other 1% choosing to go out of ignorance of what’s happening and regretting it immediately the moment they step foot in Venezuela.
They'll just say "But yankee sanctions are making Vuvuzuela poor so I can't live there". Then they'll go back to asserting Venezuela isn't as bad as those goddamn capitalist pig liars make it out to be. Alternatively they'll claim they don't want to move there because they want to work for a future where America (or Europe) is more socialist/communist, but wouldn't it be useful to live there or in another socialist/communist paradise for a few years just to get the gist of what living in a perfect economic system is like and be proletarianically inspired ?
 

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
The funny thing about this is that if you offered these people free Venezuelan citizenship, Bolivars, and tickets to Caracas so they could really support Maduro and stick it to Orange Man, 99% of them will find any sort of excuse to not go, with the other 1% choosing to go out of ignorance of what’s happening and regretting it immediately the moment they step foot in Venezuela.
I wonder what Sean Penn, Michael Moore and Samuel L. Jackson will find for excuses to not go to Venezuela? ;)
 

Far Queue

kiwifarms.net
I wonder what Sean Penn, Michael Moore and Samuel L. Jackson will find for excuses to not go to Venezuela? ;)
Everyone is too busy calling the robust capitalist market economies of the Scandinavian countries Socialism in to find the time to go to Venezuela right now. They've got all those great Socialist policies to hold up to everyone like a complete lack of minimum wage laws, low corporate income taxes, or voucher programs for schools. You know, real pillars of Socialism.
 

Affluent Reptilian

kiwifarms.net
Chuckle at this article from unimpeachable source Counterpunch: https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/03/18/on-the-ground-in-venezuela-vs-the-media-spectacle/

PC: How have the US sanctions impacted Venezuelans?
CG: Food is expensive, but people are buying things, even at ten times their salary. ... People have lost weight, I reckon many adults 10 to 15 kilos. Last time I was in Venezuela three years ago, I found a lot of obese people, like in the US, due to excessive eating, but this time people were a good size, and nobody is dying from hunger or malnutrition.

PC: What about the power cuts that have plagued the country?
CG: During blackouts, people told stories, played music, or went out and talked on the streets. It was a paradise, no TVs, smartphones, but real human contact. People cook together. During the day they’re playing board games, dominoes, and kids are having fun.
 

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

and gave me aids
kiwifarms.net
Jesus christ that article is such disgusting communist propaganda that I couldn't even finish it. It's amazing how these disgusting fucktards take anything possibly negative and try to twist it into "wow this is so much better for people". What kind of inhumane, marie antoinette-style fucktard do you have to be to say "People were obese and now that they're starving and can't afford food, they're a much healthier weight!". I hope someone murders these champagne socialists. exceptional evil little shits who care nothing at all for the lives of venezuelans.

That is why the US hit the electricity grid as it means no water in Caracas – a city of 10 million people. Luckily there are wells with clean water around the city, so people queue up to get it.
So they're really just gobbling up any pro-Maduro lies and running with them.

(Opposition leader and self-proclaimed president Juan) Guaidó is the most hated guy in Venezuela... The more the Europeans and the US make him a president, the more bizarre the situation becomes, as Guaidó is not president of Venezuela! Interestingly, Chavez predicted what is happening today, he wrote about it, so people are going back to his works and reading him again.
No mention of the neighboring countries who recognize Guiadó, blames the white people only, refuses to recognize the legitimacy of their own constitutional process, and hearkens back to the wonderfulness of dear old Chavez. These fools need to be necked.
 

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net
Jesus christ that article is such disgusting communist propaganda that I couldn't even finish it. It's amazing how these disgusting fucktards take anything possibly negative and try to twist it into "wow this is so much better for people". What kind of inhumane, marie antoinette-style fucktard do you have to be to say "People were obese and now that they're starving and can't afford food, they're a much healthier weight!". I hope someone murders these champagne socialists. exceptional evil little shits who care nothing at all for the lives of venezuelans.
Nothing new. The media swallowed everything the Soviet Union spoon-fed them back when they were still a thing. Up to and including -- and I'm not making this up and I wish I was -- talking about how beautiful and multicolored the rags were on the street beggars.
 

BR55

kiwifarms.net
I wonder what Sean Penn, Michael Moore and Samuel L. Jackson will find for excuses to not go to Venezuela? ;)
Oh please we all know those douchebags would get the VIP experience from Maduro if they went.
Remember when Moore went to Cuba to suck off their Healthcare system and Castro pulled out all the stops to show him the best picture of Cuba possible?
 
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino