Trainwreck Venus Palermo / VenusAngelic - For general Venus gossip

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Visible Belly Outline

Speak now or forever be a BITCH
kiwifarms.net
I think she looks a little shaky and hungover or something in the jirai kei video honestly but that was WAY better than normal lately, and she seems much much better in this mukbang one. I hope she's trying to sober up or something and taking better care of herself. She's also uploaded three videos this week, maybe that means her shit is a bit more together.

I hate it when people nitpick a cow's appearance but it's more that her heavy substance abuse really shows on her face. I know she's wearing heavy makeup but that usually doesn't stop her from looking extremely haggard anyway, I think she mostly drinks and takes pills all day and you can't hide that with foundation.

It probably won't last but, here's hoping.
Have to be honest, I don’t see a difference in these pictures other than different hair and makeup and lighting plus filters, all of which can create a very convincing facade.
Venus looks malnourished and like she’s not taking care of herself in other ways more often than not, even if she was able to put up a front for videos.

The dark hair, white greasy makeup, and bright red lipstick, and cool lighting in the first one makes her look like a vengeful ghost.

The warm lighting in the second and the hair color is giving some much needed life to her pallid skin which makes a big difference in itself.
Second picture is definitely the better look though.

Just take care of yourself Venus, it’s not too late to save your face.

Last edited:

Polexia Aphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I read some really dumb rumors about them having lived in a Thai temple for a while but that's bullshit
it's definitely not, they weren't living in Thailand but they were living in a temple. On My Strange Addiction she mentioned it and had photos of herself as a small girl dressed in traditional garb.
1639588984847.png

1639589001249.png

Bananasaurus

kiwifarms.net
IIRC, I don't know exactly when they moved out from Switzerland, but I remember Venus used to live in Canary Islands, Spain, when she was 12-13 and then she moved to London. She (or Margo) used to have a blogspot where she badmouthed her classmates but still bragged about how intelligent she was at speaking 5 languages back then. But she has always babbled in any language she spoke in. I think some German and Swiss-german speakers explained how broken her native tongue was, but it was probably because she was forced to learn +5 languages since very early without settling her native one first.
Pretty sure the timeline is something like this:
Switzerland: ages 0-12/13
Tenerife: ages 13-15
London: ages 15-17
Netherlands: age 17
Japan: age 17/18
And then Korea/Japan again but I don't really remember and she was already an adult anyways.

If moving countries this often fucked up your language learning abilities, diplomat kids would never learn how to speak. She was not a toddler when she first moved away. She went to schools and shit until age 15.

I'm a bit of a language nerd myself so go get the autism ratings.

I wouldn't say her German is broken at all. She speaks a hilarious Swiss dialect and her vocabulary seems pretty limited but that is to be expected if she stopped speaking German to anyone but Margo at age 12. She is perfectly able to express herself and can keep up with a conversation in real time (the grandma call). You are not going to randomly forget your native language after 12+ years unless you have brain damage.

She basically grew up on the internet so it's kind of a given that her English is at least decent. She has a pretty heavy accent but that doesn't really matter imo. What baffles me the most about her speech is that she mispronounces a lot of stuff that she would be perfectly capable of pronouncing correctly. It's somewhat understandable if a German native fucks up the English th sound because that doesn't exist in German, but she has no reason to still be mispronouncing really simple and common words like wear and eyebrow. I have no clue if she was just never corrected on her pronunciation at school or didn't give a fuck but it's weird. Considering the amount of time she probably spends listening to her own voice while editing, you'd think she would notice these things.

Her Spanish is pretty basic but I don't really blame her. Tenerife may be Spanish territory but it's absolutely overrun with English and German tourists and residents and about as touristic as it gets. It's the kind of place where you're perfectly fine if you can't be arsed to learn Spanish because you won't ever need it.

Can't really judge her on her Dutch/Japanese/Korean because I don't speak these myself. Judging by the short amount of time she spent in Korea and the Netherlands, I doubt she's anywhere near fluent.

Not to nitpick or give her shit for no reason, but Venus bragging about her language abilities is pretty hilarious.

Bananasaurus

kiwifarms.net
it's definitely not, they weren't living in Thailand but they were living in a temple. On My Strange Addiction she mentioned it and had photos of herself as a small girl dressed in traditional garb.
View attachment 2802901
View attachment 2802902
Can't find the episode right now so I can't rewatch to make sure, but I have never heard them claim that they lived at a temple. All I could find was a comment by Venus saying she "went to the temple 3 years". Went, not lived at.
As in, it's a cultural center you can go to and attend events at. I doubt they were actually living there because that would be some crazy shit.

PlumSyrup

kiwifarms.net
Language attrition is totally a thing. Just because it's her first language doesn't mean Venus can't lose it. It's a normal process that many immigrants who are not part of communities where their first language is spoken go through. As for why the children of diplomats do not lose their language skills: sometimes, parents of children who must move countries frequently take steps to avoid this, e.g. business executives may have to go spend a year or 2 in the United States and bring their children with them, and often send them to private schools or bilingual schools in their children's native language while abroad or hire tutors in that language or hire tutors, so they don't lose their language skills, since they're ultimately returning to their home country.

I can't comment at all on Venus's language skills at all but her losing her German/Swiss German skills is not out of the question.

braginskayas

kiwifarms.net
I've always wondered if Venus has some kind of speech impediment (separate from any issues with language acquisition). She writes pretty fluently in English but when she speaks she's always had a very strange slurred accent, even before she developed a drinking problem. Any native speakers know if she sounds weird in German aside from having a heavy Swiss accent, or if she also sounds slurred when she speaks Japanese?

Sidenote: I wonder if it could also be the result of being taught her native language (and also possibly English) by Marg, who's always had an extremely thick Hungarian accent no matter what language she speaks...

kitty shit

kiwifarms.net
I've always wondered if Venus has some kind of speech impediment (separate from any issues with language acquisition). She writes pretty fluently in English but when she speaks she's always had a very strange slurred accent, even before she developed a drinking problem. Any native speakers know if she sounds weird in German aside from having a heavy Swiss accent, or if she also sounds slurred when she speaks Japanese?

Sidenote: I wonder if it could also be the result of being taught her native language (and also possibly English) by Marg, who's always had an extremely thick Hungarian accent no matter what language she speaks...
This. Marg shoulda spoken Hungarian with Venus, since that's her native language. I don't have any sources on hand (and even if I did, they wouldn't have been in English), but I've read some about kids of immigrants sometimes not really getting a full grasp of any language whatsoever, because their parents were, from an early age, speaking to them in the language of the country in which they were residing, instead of in their first language. It fucked them up. I don't really know how relevant that is now, or in the late 90s/early 00s - in the times of daycares, preschools etc, but it was an actual problem in the 60s, 70s and 80s when kids were often kept home until they started school at age 5, 6 or 7 depending on which country they were in.

Bananasaurus

kiwifarms.net
I am unfamiliar with her dialect but I can understand everything she says. That's probably a good sign. Her sentences are grammatically correct, she seems to understand everything she is told and she can keep up with a conversation.

The only thing I'd criticize is that it seems like her vocabulary is pretty limited but that is to be expected if you live abroad and have little people to talk to on a regular basis.

From my experiences, most immigrant kids still have a hint of an accent even if they speak fluenty and are fully integrated. Personally I don't really think it matters. Language is about communicating and as long as you can communicate effortlessly, it doesn't matter if people can still tell you're not a native.

I don't mind that Venus has an accent when she speaks English. Most people will have that even if they bust their asses learning a foreign language and move abroad.
My pet peeve is that she mispronounces shit she COULD pronounce correctly despite her accent if she tried. I don't get the impression that she has a speech impediment, it sounds more like she just never really bothered improving or was not corrected enough times while learning.

Tl;dr I think people are exaggerating when they say Venus' ability to express herself is forever fucked because of Margo. Her Swiss German is perfectly fine although you can tell she does not speak it very often. Her English is fine. Grammar, vocabulary etc. are all there, she'd just have to unfuck her pronounciation. Plenty of people say her Japanese is basic but okay. She'd probably be able to improve if she took a language course and talked to people that aren't Mango characters, other unhinged foreigners or pimps. Nobody expects her to speak languages she kind of learned for a few years during her teenage years. Just maybe stop bragging about being a polyglot lol. That kind of shit takes effort.

Seaweed Chips

kiwifarms.net
Sorry to derail, but I've been away for a while and suffice to say I dreaded visiting this thread for fear that Venus would be dead following something horrible happening.

It's now a mixture of relief and dread that she still lives and thus still has even further to fall.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is on fire
kiwifarms.net
I’m surprised nobody thought that she also bungled her own English through constantly doing a cutesy voice with Japanese bits because she’s a weeaboo and has done it for years. Her English is fine but she has zero incentive to get any better at it or her other languages.

Also her normal pitch is (refreshingly) average, a lot of Internet personalities need to stfu stop putting on that piercing anime girl voice.

passerbyebye

kiwifarms.net
Her german similarly sounds slurred like in English but her Swiss German is off the rocker. Often they say ish instead of ich for example, she over pronounces that in the video where she speaks in the languages she knows. I think the speech impediment or simply talking like she was taught makes sense for english and the other languages she knows, but in german it's simply strange (being her apparent native tongue.) Here in the video she explains how she in... highschool? spoke in a combination of hochdeustche and swiss german. (High german dialect and swiss) But in comparison to the other languages, she has the same slurs on most consonants, so it's easy to say her ability to pronounce is lost in the sauce as of learning so many at the same time.

Kadika

kiwifarms.net
Margaret never spoke Hungarian but German with Venus, who is on native level with her German skills, Standard German as well as Swiss German. also her language skills were already discussed before at length. she just slurs a lot.

on other news I stumbled upon this, good too see she is still going out of the flat and meeting with people.

edit: a girl btw who is also in the same friendship circle with Mikan Mandarin, wonder how that's going.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211229-230153~2.png
    Screenshot_20211229-230153~2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 581
  • Screenshot_20211229-230206~2.png
    Screenshot_20211229-230206~2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 581
Last edited:

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Uh with marriage all she needs is being together three years and manaki sponsoring it.
That's when you can apply for it. Chances are you're not getting it the first time around. Your chances go up if you have "permanent" ties to the country such as belonging to a social group or club that's involved in community activities or you have a child with a Japanese national. Other than that it's more likely they won't accept your application until you've been there at least five years.

Um...

kiwifarms.net
6DA6F883-CF11-4352-8E52-2327CDE54E05.jpeg

Well so much for “good for her, she’s getting out.” She’s back to drunk live streaming in another Karaoke bar. I didn’t see it but there are Cliff notes on LC. I was hoping someone here might have recorded it but I guess not.

Apparently the wretched Manaki is starting divorce proceedings (again) which triggered another drunken rage, just like last time he did this 2 years ago. She’s back to spouting the same lies about him not working and living off HER earnings, which was laughable then and even more so now, 2 years later, when it’s painfully obvious that she’s been leeching off him for months. She’s so very predictable and so much like her nutcase mother it’s eerie.

Um...

kiwifarms.net
If he divorces her, will she be deported?
Margaret keeps sperging about Manaki’s parents “adopting” her. Some of what she says ends up having a grain of truth so it could be that his parents made some kind of pity arrangement to prevent her from being deported if he divorces her. Of course this is coming from Margaret the loon so who knows.

SituationTypeThing

kiwifarms.net
Margaret keeps sperging about Manaki’s parents “adopting” her. Some of what she says ends up having a grain of truth so it could be that his parents made some kind of pity arrangement to prevent her from being deported if he divorces her. Of course this is coming from Margaret the loon so who knows.
Does Japan allow people to adopt adults (for citizenship purposes)? Wouldn't she have been 18 or 19 when she married Maniki? Also, she can't be both married to Maniki and his adoptive sister, so if she was adopted by Maniki's parents, there wouldn't be a divorce drama. Margo is nuts and must have gone crazy when Venus referred to her mother in law, and margo created strange fantasies in her head about venus being adopted.