Off-Topic Venus Palermo / VenusAngelic - For general Venus gossip

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Um...

kiwifarms.net
Post your sources, where are you getting this from? Those are some big assumptions if you have none, are you just interpreting her insta stories and livestreams? Or have you got actual evidence?

There's a big difference between abandoning your channel and not posting because you're sick. The girl is obviously mentally ill, it's not rocket science. You're making her sound lazy and unreliable when it more looks like she's suffering from untreated mental illness. She could turn that around into a redemption story if she got treated honestly, people love a mental health recovery story on YouTube these days.
Sources for what? Her showing up for events looking like she slept in her clothes and hasn’t had a shower for days? Watch the “I got a real job” video of her drinking event at the girls bar, for one.

AD92F739-2F41-4AD2-967C-EC0CE04D797D.jpeg

Or the any of the other videos she films looking like a greasy disheveled hung-over homeless person.

Sources for her getting drunk at events? Have you been following her anywhere but her KF fan club here? The other 3 girls at her Sept. 28 bar event posted on ig about not being able to take a selfie with her because they “forgot to” (i.e. she was too sloppy drunk.) And the few ig pics that surfaced from people that were there, oh and the fact that she never posted a thing about it or mentioned it ever again despite all the promotion she did pre-event. It’s not hard to put 2 and 2 together and figure out what happened.

E94B5CE9-6938-40E0-81C4-C0F876B29378.jpeg

And did you catch the 5am drunk livestream she posted from the karaoke bar a few months back? Or the one from a few days ago? Those are not isolated events.

Sources for her promising things to people and then flaking out on them? Too numerous to count, all over ig and YT. Again, have you been following the girl anyplace but here?

Sources for there being no “business,” no “office,” no “studio” and no employees? How about there has been no evidence any of these things exist in the 6 weeks since she announced them? Wouldn’t you think there would be a pic of this business or office or employees, just one, or maybe a video filmed in “her studio”? Some trace that any of it exists in all this time? Or do you just believe every one of the marge-like delusions and fantasies she spins?

And yeah, disappearing from YT with no videos for 6 months at a time with no warning or explanation is abandoning the channel, whatever the reason. You can’t do that shit and expect any employer or agency to want to work with you.

And you know she’s on a bender drinking cooking wine, how now? And her mom being the one behind the business. Bitch, Please.

If that was true Marge could have her own successful channel instead of making videos of washing her clothes in leg hair residue and advertising her happy endings massage parlor.
She said in her latest drunk livestream (sad there have been so many I have to specify which one I’m referring to, reason #2 she’s an erratic unreliable mess) that she’s drinking cooking wine these days. She’s gone from convenience-store cheap wine and vodka-in-a-can to cooking wine.

And please point out to me all the business successes this “small business owner and entrepreneur” has had since leaving her nutcase momager, since in your mind Venus was the successful “entrepreneur” all that time. Just one. I’ll wait.

There has been a never ending series of erratic behavior, drama whoring post-and-delete “I just wanna die” shit on SM followed by weeks to months long disappearances, followed by “I’m so much better now guys I’m making a WHOLE NEW START for real this time no more being fake I love you guys!” same fucking pattern over and over. Which is playing out yet again at this moment btw. She’s had no new videos in two weeks and her channel is once again dying, even more spectacularly than the last time she pulled this shit, last year. Who in their right mind would want to hire or work with this drunken mess? And you really believe she is or was ever capable of having a career on her own? Give me a fucking break.

Smarmy

Hip jung Fräulein
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can second @Um... and say that Venus has stated she drinks cooking wine. She mentioned it during that brief IG live she did a few days ago. She's an admitted alcoholic, and I think it's safe to say she's doing this to self-medicate her wildly unmanaged mental illness. I would also agree that she's unable to run a business, if for no other reason than she's mentally ill and a raging alcoholic. She's spiraling hard, and as much as many of us want her to do well and come out of this on top, it doesn't do her any good to sugarcoat her situation or pretend she's capable of things she's clearly not.

I don't agree that Maggot was the brains behind the channel, but I do think the fear of what Maggot would do was the main driving force behind keeping the channel alive. If I could make an assumption, it would be that Venus isn't used to having free rein of anything in her life and wouldn't really know where to start, try as she has. I don't doubt that she's been sincere in her desire to try to start a business, or her saying that she totes feels better this time guys, but she doesn't actually know how to do those things. Girl's a hot mess, and the bottom line is that she needs serious mental help. Japan isn't good for her, and I wouldn't be surprised if she knows that.

Chicken Picnic

We saved you the last boiled egg!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sources for what? Her showing up for events looking like she slept in her clothes and hasn’t had a shower for days? Watch the “I got a real job” video of her drinking event at the girls bar, for one.

View attachment 980280
Or the any of the other videos she films looking like a greasy disheveled hung-over homeless person.

Sources for her getting drunk at events? Have you been following her anywhere but her KF fan club here? The other 3 girls at her Sept. 28 bar event posted on ig about not being able to take a selfie with her because they “forgot to” (i.e. she was too sloppy drunk.) And the few ig pics that surfaced from people that were there, oh and the fact that she never posted a thing about it or mentioned it ever again despite all the promotion she did pre-event. It’s not hard to put 2 and 2 together and figure out what happened.

View attachment 980286
And did you catch the 5am drunk livestream she posted from the karaoke bar a few months back? Or the one from a few days ago? Those are not isolated events.

Sources for her promising things to people and then flaking out on them? Too numerous to count, all over ig and YT. Again, have you been following the girl anyplace but here?

Sources for there being no “business,” no “office,” no “studio” and no employees? How about there has been no evidence any of these things exist in the 6 weeks since she announced them? Wouldn’t you think there would be a pic of this business or office or employees, just one, or maybe a video filmed in “her studio”? Some trace that any of it exists in all this time? Or do you just believe every one of the marge-like delusions and fantasies she spins?

And yeah, disappearing from YT with no videos for 6 months at a time with no warning or explanation is abandoning the channel, whatever the reason. You can’t do that shit and expect any employer or agency to want to work with you.

She said in her latest drunk livestream (sad there have been so many I have to specify which one I’m referring to, reason #2 she’s an erratic unreliable mess) that she’s drinking cooking wine these days. She’s gone from convenience-store cheap wine and vodka-in-a-can to cooking wine.

And please point out to me all the business successes this “small business owner and entrepreneur” has had since leaving her nutcase momager, since in your mind Venus was the successful “entrepreneur” all that time. Just one. I’ll wait.

There has been a never ending series of erratic behavior, drama whoring post-and-delete “I just wanna die” shit on SM followed by weeks to months long disappearances, followed by “I’m so much better now guys I’m making a WHOLE NEW START for real this time no more being fake I love you guys!” same fucking pattern over and over. Which is playing out yet again at this moment btw. She’s had no new videos in two weeks and her channel is once again dying, even more spectacularly than the last time she pulled this shit, last year. Who in their right mind would want to hire or work with this drunken mess? And you really believe she is or was ever capable of having a career on her own? Give me a fucking break.
I wasn't really questioning the drunkenness, I should have said that sorry, as I've seen that and she's mentioned countless times about how she is drinking alone. I do follow her but I haven't caught her streams as they get deleted afterwards, so I just follow here and occasionally check her insta if I remember.

It was more the business part of things I was asking for sources for. I'm not saying she is or isn't a small business owner because, like you said yourself, there is no proof. Assuming it's all lies just makes you as biased as you seem to be assuming I am. Didn't she recently ask people if they were interested in becoming staff? I would be looking out for people posting about if she had done anything shady around that, as if it all came to nothing then I assume someone would post about how a public figure with a large following is lying about having some kind of functional business that she is looking to employ people under.

I'm gonna ask you a similar question, have you been following this thread? Because the consensus is pretty much that Venus has lost her fucking mind at this point- she's gone. The way you describe her makes her sound like she's just lazy, drinking cause why the fuck not and just a lost cause cause oh she wouldn't ever be able to hold down a job ever, when before 2018 when she disappeared she was uploading regularly, editing her own content etc proving that she was the one responsible for the content and not her mother. Something obviously happened and she snapped around the time she stopped posting and she's been snowballing downhill ever since. Everything points to untreated mental illness, if she got help with that I see no reason why she couldn't be successful holding some kind of job. She can speak a few languages fluently, that's already a plus.

Maybe I am just biased, but it's because I feel really sorry for this girl. I'm not saying she's done no wrong, but she's been abused pretty badly and I don't think anyone can deny that. Experiences like that catch up with you eventually and I think that's what happened now, not that she is turning into a mini version of her mother like people seem to like to say- have you read her mother's thread? That woman is fucked up beyond help and the stuff there is evidence of her doing to her daughter growing up is just plain disgusting (eg the dieting at a young age with just having like a few grapes for a meal, which almost definitely contributed to Venus' eating disorder in present day).

Basically, tldr, we haven't got any evidence that her business etc doesn't exist because she seems to have chosen to keep that part of it private, which imo is a good idea. Until we know more about that, I personally won't be labelling her as anything more than a girl who is very obviously mentally ill and needs help.

Bunny at Law

kiwifarms.net
I'm not going to pretend I want Venus to become a lolcow, but I don't think she's there yet. I'm borrowing @Tragi-Chan's template for what makes a lolcow to do a current analysis (a lot of these traits require time to solidify). I will say that Venus appears to be in a BPD flare, which was probably triggered by her separation from her husband. She's pushing away every person in her life, blowing up any semblance of professional career, and drinking to escape from her emotions. When in a flare like this, there's very little analytical thought; your brain is essentially on fire and your behavior becomes basically compulsive. If she isn't able to get some help, she's going to end up seriously hurt or dead.

I don't think there's a universal lolcow template, but I'd say that the qualities needed are:
- They have to be funny in a laughing-at-them kind of way. If they're funny but they know they're funny, they're just a comedian.
- They must be bizarre in a fairly unique way. For instance, Jake Alley would be just another basement-dwelling neckbeard if it weren't for his insistence that he's a women and his obsession with events of years ago. Cole Smithey is a pretentious twat, but he's not especially unusual as a person, so he's only a subtopic of Chris.
- They must take themselves absolutely seriously. Maybe they have a sense of humour, but never at their own expense.
- Usually, they must have a deluded view of their own importance/ability/intelligence/looks and believe themselves above criticism. They don't have to be stupid, but they do have to think they're smarter than they are and, crucially, smarter than the majority of people.
- They don't change or improve significantly. Lots of people do dumb shit, but that's part of the learning process of life. If they keep doing the same dumb shit over and over again, that's lolcow fodder.
- They have, in some way, to be a failure. Raven Sparks wants to be a sexy goth princess, but is fat middle-aged trailer trash. Toren likes to think he's a significant voice in the trans movement, but in reality is a drunk with a Twitter account.

Many of these tie together - an inability to take criticism ties in to taking themselves too seriously and the inability to change. A deluded self-image is essential to their failure.
- They have to be funny in a laughing-at-them kind of way: I think it's difficult for people in this thread to laugh at Venus because we've been following her from her escape. That being said, I think a few months/years of this type of behavior with no change will make it easier to laugh at her.
- They must be bizarre in a fairly unique way: Without Venus' backstory, she's just another weeb nutjob living in Japan. Her backstory can't really be separated from her potential cowdom though; if she went back to making the kind of videos she used to make, that would be sufficiently unique IMO.
- They must take themselves absolutely seriously: I feel like Venus is at least somewhat self aware in that she knows she's fucking nuts. I'm struggling with the analysis on this one though.
- They have a deluded view of their own importance, etc.: Venus clearly hates herself and puts her hatred online for everyone to see. I'm not sure if it's because she's looking for people to tell her nice things or in an attempt to drive away her fan base; I get the impression that she doesn't like having fans but doesn't know what else to do (which reminds me of people like Wings of Redemption, who hates being online but does it because it's how he makes money).
- They don't change or improve significantly: Venus has been spiraling for months now. She has made some attempts to get help but none of them have stuck. I think another few months of messy behavior and she'll be firmly in this category.
They have to be a failure: Venus is failing at living a well adjusted life, but I'm struggling to understand what she even wants out of life. She used to want to be a content creator (I think) but now? No idea.

Obviously, I've got a lot of biases here. I want Venus to get help and turn her life around because I don't want her to become a sadcow. However, her current state is leaving this thread in a weird limbo where I don't think she's quite cow material yet, but doesn't really feel off-topic either.

nemesisAF

kiwifarms.net
I don’t know if Venus reads here, but I am going to post like she does

I have no knowledge about all the minutiae about immigration law, etc. I am just a lady older than her evil hag mother, and wasn’t to pass on some observations without too much powerleveling

GIRL, fucking get some fucking help. I am sure you have a little bit of an inner asshole, we all do. Get fucking help. You will not be the first or last 20+ to unravel, to need help. FUCKING get it. Any of the minutiae involved- we are all giving our 2 cents but no one knows your circumstance like you do. You are certainly smart enough to research it. And you have been a survivor up to now. Whoever in this thread is right is fucking USELESS until you take steps to get some fucking help. YOU need to do it.

TotallyAChick

I don't lift out of principle.
kiwifarms.net
She's looking ROUGH on her livestreams (this was from 5 days ago). She also told her audience on said stream she was drinking wine meant for cooking.
DrunkenSailor.jpg

I'm not saying she's a monster, but she chooses to drink. No one can tell me she doesn't look like an alcoholic on her unedited photos and videos.

Edit: One awesome farmer from LCF was able to record part of the live stream. You can hear the cooking wine part at the start.

Last edited:

Smarmy

Hip jung Fräulein
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Venus is currently in a hotel, and I'm sure we'll eventually hear about why. She's lookin a little rough, even through the filters. That's all fine and well. What's most concerning is her wrist. Some people in the comments obviously asked about it, and the general consensus was "she's mentioned self harm in the past and it's rude to ask" with one lone person suggesting she's attempting menhera kei. If you're unfamiliar, it's kinda like pastel goth, but with a medical twist. I personally don't get a "kawaii boo boos" vibe from this, though. Whatever she's doing, I hope she's safe.
Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 6.22.00 PM.png

Um...

kiwifarms.net
Didn't she recently ask people if they were interested in becoming staff? I would be looking out for people posting about if she had done anything shady around that, as if it all came to nothing then I assume someone would post about how a public figure with a large following is lying about having some kind of functional business that she is looking to employ people under.
So you assume she must really have a business with an office and employees because she said so on instagram 6 1/2 weeks ago?

Everything points to untreated mental illness, if she got help with that I see no reason why she couldn't be successful holding some kind of job. She can speak a few languages fluently, that's already a plus.
Well there’s the small detail that she has no education, not even a HS diploma, no skills and no job history of any kind. As in she’s never had a job, ever. And she’s shown no interest in doing any of these things for the past 3 1/2 years, so it seems like the chances of her holding a job of any kind are pretty remote.

Maybe I am just biased, but it's because I feel really sorry for this girl. I'm not saying she's done no wrong, but she's been abused pretty badly and I don't think anyone can deny that.
Plenty of people have been raised by toxic narcissistic mothers who told them they were fat and needed to diet. They don’t run out and spend $20,000 to get some back-alley weight loss surgery in another country while lying to their visa husband and their real-life doctors about it the whole time. Yeah she was abused but I think there’s some genes at work too, like maybe she has a predisposition to being batshit crazy and toxic like her mother. She’s too much like Marge for it to all be explained away by “her abuse.”

Basically, tldr, we haven't got any evidence that her business etc doesn't exist because she seems to have chosen to keep that part of it private, which imo is a good idea.
Why would she “choose to keep it private” after making that great big announcement about it? Actually she promised “updates every Friday, Saturday and Sunday on my Youtube channel!” none of which ever appeared. Not even a mention her “Company” ever again, no pics, nothing since the ANNOUNCEMENT. That doesn’t seem just a little suspect to you? You just take her word for it?

Venus is currently in a hotel, and I'm sure we'll eventually hear about why. She's lookin a little rough, even through the filters. That's all fine and well. What's most concerning is her wrist. Some people in the comments obviously asked about it, and the general consensus was "she's mentioned self harm in the past and it's rude to ask" with one lone person suggesting she's attempting menhera kei. If you're unfamiliar, it's kinda like pastel goth, but with a medical twist. I personally don't get a "kawaii boo boos" vibe from this, though. Whatever she's doing, I hope she's safe.
She’s attention whoring and trolling for pity and concern and asspats, like she’s done countless times in the past with her post-and-delete “I just wanna die” “No I don’t I’m MUCH BETTER you guys!” b.s. on instagram. It’s nonstop drama with this girl (just like her mommy.)

Some of you are amazingly gullible.

Here’s the super cool and edgy menhera look she’s going for with that arm bandage:

A1062324-CA7E-44BD-8E60-F57B1BFCE5EA.jpeg

only she’s going for a more “sporty menhera” vibe as opposed the cutesy kawaii one.

And if some of her 12-year old followers (and those who feel motherly instincts towards her) are triggered in the comments to write “omg Venus what’s that on your arm?” or “omg Venus you look so THIN are you taking care of yourself??” that’s just giving her what she craves. And the “omg Venus I’m so worried about you! Please get help!” comments are the ones she loves the most because she gets VICTIMHOOD points. And just like her mommy she loves playing the victim.

Punkinsplice

My human and I talk shit about you
kiwifarms.net
I just looked at Margo's thread and noticed that she has the exact same hairstyle as Venus (again). Egads that is creepy!

• Winner
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Um...

kiwifarms.net
Breathe, lol.

I don't think anyone is doubting she's looking for attention. She says as much herself, especially when she's drunk. You're well within your right to not like her, but it seems like you're taking her a little TOO personally.
Where are you seeing “anger”? lol. Annoyance at some of the people here who take everything this liar says as the gospel truth, sure. I really don’t like liars or people who blindly stan for them. Mostly I’m just here watching the trainwreck like everyone else.

Chicken Picnic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Where are you seeing “anger”? lol. Annoyance at some of the people here who take everything this liar says as the gospel truth, sure. I really don’t like liars or people who blindly stan for them. Mostly I’m just here watching the trainwreck like everyone else.
No one here is "stanning" her or lying about anything tho, we just have a bit of sympathy/empathy for her after what she went through and would prefer it if she didn't cross the border into lolcow, cause it would be sad to see her go the way her mother went in life. Someone who's mentally a-ok doesn't go and get illegal weight loss surgery when they're already skinny or drink themselves into a drunken mess alone on the regular, and there is plenty of evidence the way her mother treated her could be a massive factor in her life spiraling out of control now her marriage has fallen apart and she has very few friends. This is an off-topic thread for a reason m8, she's not quite lolcow material yet but if she keeps on, shes gonna end up being at that level soon.

What's more likely? She's making some kawaii/emo fashion statement randomly or she's cutting herself? Who knows, we aren't in her head. The only way will be to watch and see if she shows that arm any time soon. All her photos in the last few days have obscured her arm, if she continues to hide it, it's likely it's the latter, if not you're probably right.

You're going out of your way to 'debunk' everyone here, saying we're gullible cause what..? If we all believed everything Venus said, we wouldn't be suggesting she had BPD as she has said her diagnosis was removed ages ago. We're just looking at her behavior like you are. Yes she probably wants attention, she's on social media, that's what instagram is for lmao.

She's looking ROUGH on her livestreams (this was from 5 days ago). She also told her audience on said stream she was drinking wine meant for cooking.
View attachment 982671
I'm not saying she's a monster, but she chooses to drink. No one can tell me she doesn't look like an alcoholic on her unedited photos and videos.

Edit: One awesome farmer from LCF was able to record part of the live stream. You can hear the cooking wine part at the start.

View attachment 982697
Honestly i think the more interesting part here is at the end, where she says "no one wants to help you if you are "high risk." You don't understand what "high risk" means. No one wants to help you in Japan if you are "high risk" /cut."

High risk in mental health context usually means you're a danger to yourself or others. If she isn't getting help from therapy etc, it's likely she's turning to drink because its the only thing that makes her feel better. I wouldn't be surprised if that bandage isn't all for show either, she could be making it into something more fashion-y by wearing it, but it could be covering something small that would gain negative attention if people noticed it. Instagram doesn't like self harm images, if you even search anything to do with horror it will pop up and start asking you if you're ok and need help. If she showed any scars or cuts, her photo would be removed. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

Last edited:

~*dank meme*~

kiwifarms.net
When you start to constantly get MOTI and keep saying she’s like Margo over and over, you’re straight starting to turn the thread into a weird journal for your personal anger towards someone and it’s obvious you’re personally taking offense to a potential sadcow. Anywhere else you’d be made fun of, so stop doing it here. No one is mad if she gets criticized as she’s done plenty things that need it, but not this frothing at the mouth tism you display every time you post about her.

simulated goat

goat-human virus
kiwifarms.net
Just want to sperge a sec, in case anyone is unfamiliar with 'wine meant for cooking'. That usually refers to wine with a tangible content of salt and other flavorings, often as much as 5%. All I can think of is disordered eating, as it would supply some 'food hit' as well as get one high. That would account for some of the edema she's experiencing. I cannot imagine she is too poor for cheap wine.

TotallyAChick

I don't lift out of principle.
kiwifarms.net
Just want to sperge a sec, in case anyone is unfamiliar with 'wine meant for cooking'. That usually refers to wine with a tangible content of salt and other flavorings, often as much as 5%. All I can think of is disordered eating, as it would supply some 'food hit' as well as get one high. That would account for some of the edema she's experiencing. I cannot imagine she is too poor for cheap wine.
I can't have wine so I didn't know that... but it would make a lot of sense. And it's not hard to believe since she was streaming the spicy sauce torture.

Here’s the super cool and edgy menhera look she’s going for with that arm bandage:

View attachment 987264

only she’s going for a more “sporty menhera” vibe as opposed the cutesy kawaii one.

And if some of her 12-year old followers (and those who feel motherly instincts towards her) are triggered in the comments to write “omg Venus what’s that on your arm?” or “omg Venus you look so THIN are you taking care of yourself??” that’s just giving her what she craves. And the “omg Venus I’m so worried about you! Please get help!” comments are the ones she loves the most because she gets VICTIMHOOD points. And just like her mommy she loves playing the victim.
I get why you're getting mad hats, but I can't blame you. I started out with MAX sympathy but the longer she's playing it up the less of it I have left. Venus reminds me of those "friends" that make you constantly worry about their well being, to the point where "you don't need to worry about me" comes out passive aggressive or obviously fake. These people make your life revolve around them and then complain when you get tired of it... so like I said, I'm not shocked you, possibly me and others are getting less and less patient with her. There are cuter, smarter,, nicer, more beautiful and talented people who are disliked because of being this way; emotional leeches.

Dog Prom 3D

I made it rain shrimp! What'd *you* ever do?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Plenty of people have been raised by toxic narcissistic mothers who told them they were fat and needed to diet. They don’t run out and spend $20,000 to get some back-alley weight loss surgery in another country while lying to their visa husband and their real-life doctors about it the whole time. Yeah she was abused but I think there’s some genes at work too, like maybe she has a predisposition to being batshit crazy and toxic like her mother. She’s too much like Marge for it to all be explained away by “her abuse.”
The thing is, yeah, plenty of people get raised by narc moms who rag on them about their weight. But the vast majority of those girls raised by narc moms who rag on them about their weight aren't also:
--In the sole and isolated control of the narc mom to the point that they never know their father or any members of their extended family.
--Forced to move from pillar to post all over Europe and Asia, forced to attempt to learn a new language every couple of years when they haven't even had time to master the one before, ensuring that even within a strange country she will be unable to engage in close friendships.
--Given little to no access to traditional schools where they can learn useful skills and make genuine friendships.
--Paraded around in ridiculous outfits with bleached hair in front of the media as a "doll."
--Forced to live a persona selected by the narc mom to the extent that narc mom impersonates you and creates endless drama in your name.
--Starved by narc mom, then forced to perform repellent "mukbang" eating challenges that stretch out your stomach to the point that you seek out an expensive, dangerous and shameful surgery because the size of your stomach means you are hungry all the time (which is one of the primary reasons it's given to morbidly obese people - food limitation and cessation of continual hunger).
--Essentially sold off to the first man from the country the narc mom wants residency in.
--Forced to forego all youthful experience in order to support narc mom financially, essentially providing the bulk of the family income when she was a very young teen.
--Raised in such a manner wherein she literally has nowhere to go and no one to trust because she has no long-term friendships and has cause to be suspicious of all her family. People like to say she could see her maternal family but the moment she does I guarantee you Ferenc will likely try to reunite her with her mother or will put religious pressure on her to forgive past transgressions. And her father let Margo run roughshod over him and destroy his daughter and never intervened so I would have a hard time trusting him, too.

Yeah, lots of people are raised by terrible parents. Hell, I was raised by a narc mom. But fuck, nothing in my life came close to the horror show that Venus experienced. I was never this isolated, this controlled, this fucked over, this alone, this uneducated, this rootless. This is not a situation of "poor little girl using an excuse." Venus was subjected to the sort of utter mind fuck most commonly associated with malignant cults and it is all she knew from the time she was a baby. She has no inner or external resources to rebuild a stable personality. I think the optimists here hoped she would be able to move on and be happy with Manaki and have a normal life but that was unrealistic. But it's equally unrealistic, not to mention disingenuous, to insist that what Venus experienced with Margo is somehow part and parcel with the Western experience of having an NPD parent.

I'm frankly surprised her boozy meltdown took this long to manifest. Until she gets out of Japan into a country with the sort of mental health care that can deal with cluster B issues, she's fucked.

Chicken Picnic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In Japan they have mirin and cooking sake, which are very commonly used 'cooking wines' (teriyaki for example, uses mirin). Both contain around 14% alcohol, but you can buy them in 1L bottles as they're used so much for cooking. Mirin especially is used a lot as it has a good flavour, apparently its quite sweet.

I assume as its pretty much a staple cooking ingredient in Japan, its pretty cheap to get hold of which is why Venus is getting it.

Deadpool

Sheriff of Kiwi Farms!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 980280

View attachment 980286

While Venus is approaching cowdom at lightning speeds, you seem to be strangely angry. Perhaps it's lol calm down time?