Off-Topic Venus Palermo / VenusAngelic - For general Venus gossip

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

CatFace

Gay if it’s anime
kiwifarms.net
In Japan they have mirin and cooking sake, which are very commonly used 'cooking wines' (teriyaki for example, uses mirin). Both contain around 14% alcohol, but you can buy them in 1L bottles as they're used so much for cooking. Mirin especially is used a lot as it has a good flavour, apparently its quite sweet.

I assume as its pretty much a staple cooking ingredient in Japan, its pretty cheap to get hold of which is why Venus is getting it.
I wonder if she was trying to sound more dainty/reassure her fans mentioning drinking cooking wine (mirin)? I think I heard of ye old Japanese housewives sipping mirin while cooking. It’s so cloyingly sweet I cannot imagine actually drinking it beyond a mouthful.

Edit: finally got the live stream video to work.I redact this thought

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NoFeline

Popoto

Carbly Hydrated
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if she was trying to sound more dainty/reassure her fans mentioning drinking cooking wine (mirin)? I think I heard of ye old Japanese housewives sipping mirin while cooking. It’s so cloyingly sweet I cannot imagine actually drinking it beyond a mouthful.
I think it is more that she does not want to be spotted buying alcohol or is already being refused custom when trying to buy alcohol. Mirin can be bought off anywhere without ID.

Mirin isn't particularly sweet and the sweetness varies between brands, the weird thing about chugging it would more be the fishy taste.

2_blank_spaces

kiwifarms.net
I wasn't aware that Venus legitimately broke up with Manaki. :c I remember the last time I was in here, people were speculating about it.

Edit: Okay, I basically skimmed the thread backwards and she's obviously going through what I like to call her quarter-life crisis.

Your 20's are the first 10 years where you aren't being influenced by your parents and everyone handles it differently. I just hope she can grow from this. I just really want her to stop being so public with her spiraling but it's the only thing she really knows at this point.

Last edited:

Chicken Picnic

We saved you the last boiled egg!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wasn't aware that Venus legitimately broke up with Manaki. :c I remember the last time I was in here, people were speculating about it.

Edit: Okay, I basically skimmed the thread backwards and she's obviously going through what I like to call her quarter-life crisis.

Your 20's are the first 10 years where you aren't being influenced by your parents and everyone handles it differently. I just hope she can grow from this. I just really want her to stop being so public with her spiraling but it's the only thing she really knows at this point.
She's pretty severely mentally ill M8 it's a bit more than a quarter life crisis. Alcoholism, possible BPD and PTSD from being abused by her mother.

The girl is fucked man

Montage

kiwifarms.net
Her whole story makes me sad, just when you think she’s finally happy and she’s finally free - reality comes crashing down on her and she’s reaching for nothing but air to stabilise herself. She wants to make it work - wants to prove she can be successful after everything she’s been through and more importantly prove her mum wrong but in saying this she has been so damaged that she’s forgetting to repair herself first.
Always wished the best for her, I just hope she’s able to get the help she needs - that she deserves instead of being stuck in this constant downward spiral.

Chicken Picnic

We saved you the last boiled egg!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
need the original caption, but her a-logs are just as bad tbh. Some places could do scans to rule out other neurological conditions before diagnosing mental illness. Things like brain injuries/tumours/multiple sclerosis etc can cause changes in behaviour, so its feasible a clinic may test for those. Without seeing the original comment though, who knows what she was actually asking for

Bananasaurus

kiwifarms.net
Seems kind of pointless to me, she already has a BPD diagnosis and nothing ever came of it. Knowing what's wrong with you is not going to magically fix you unless you're willing/able to go to therapy and be compliant with your treatment plan. Instead of trying out different ways of diagnosing (hoping for the diagnosis you want to hear?), I'd rather pour my resources into finding a therapist/medication that works for me.

Um Oh Ah Yeah

I cause problems
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seems kind of pointless to me, she already has a BPD diagnosis and nothing ever came of it. Knowing what's wrong with you is not going to magically fix you unless you're willing/able to go to therapy and be compliant with your treatment plan. Instead of trying out different ways of diagnosing (hoping for the diagnosis you want to hear?), I'd rather pour my resources into finding a therapist/medication that works for me.
That is exactly it. She doesn't want the diagnosis to be borderline, because "fixing" someone who's borderline involves a lot of personal accountability, desire to recognize your faults, and willingness to change. Plus, you have to spend the rest of your life monitoring your reactions to things and determining if they're appropriate. What she wants is something that she can pop a pill for.

Popoto

Carbly Hydrated
kiwifarms.net
What she wants is something that she can pop a pill for.
I doubt it has anything to do with what Venus wants and everything to do with what her insurer wants/is willing to approve for her.

Plus, outside of ADHD, there is literally no diagnosable psychiatric condition that only requires medication and she sure as fuck ain't getting a script for dexies with that mirin breath.

Bananasaurus

kiwifarms.net
Plus, outside of ADHD, there is literally no diagnosable psychiatric condition that only requires medication and she sure as fuck ain't getting a script for dexies with that mirin breath.
IIRC she claimed that her BPD turned out to be a misdiagnosis and she "only" has ADHD or ADD (can't remember which). The point is that she claims she doesn't have BPD after all.