Venus Palermo / VenusAngelic - For general Venus gossip

Popoto

Carbly Hydrated
Most of us are arguing or speculating about shit Venus said because her English, arguably her "best" language, is so shit. She cannot string a sentence together in Korean and her Japanese is bad enough that Manaki has to chaperone. I cannot imagine her (Swiss) German, taught to her solely by River Kappa, is any good.

Never mind treatment for BPD (which is right up there with transgenderism for insurers just denying every claim)
I thought she was dating girls, and opened a business with her best friend of the moment, they had an office and employees?

And hasn't she moved like three times in the past year, was recently looking for something more affordable? As opposed to something with less ken?

It's very hard to separate what is true and what isn't, which is why (to me) it's so difficult to separate her real struggles from emotional manipulation of fans/followers.
Honestly, half the problem is Venus is shit at English, and that is somehow apparently still the language she is most proficient at.

She is also severely mentally ill, and I would not be surprised if she hallucinates entire previous instagram posts or online conversations.

I suspect that her abusive and hyper controlling mother also kept her grounded in reality, maintained a schedule for her and kept her focused. Ironic, but that usually is how it is.

PolexiaAphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
True & Honest Fan
Most of us are arguing or speculating about shit Venus said because her English, arguably her "best" language, is so shit. She cannot string a sentence together in Korean and her Japanese is bad enough that Manaki has to chaperone. I cannot imagine her (Swiss) German, taught to her solely by River Kappa, is any good.

Never mind treatment for BPD (which is right up there with transgenderism for insurers just denying every claim)

Honestly, half the problem is Venus is shit at English, and that is somehow apparently still the language she is most proficient at.

She is also severely mentally ill, and I would not be surprised if she hallucinates entire previous instagram posts or online conversations.

I suspect that her abusive and hyper controlling mother also kept her grounded in reality, maintained a schedule for her and kept her focused. Ironic, but that usually is how it is.
Like, I get that you hate her, but this is stupid.

She actually went to school for language. Her English certainly isn't shit. It isn't perfect, but it's miles better than Marglish. She's done videos before where she speaks and answers questions in different languages.

I don't recall ever seeing anyone calling out Venus for her language skills, and she gets called out plenty by various groups.

Unlike Margo, Venus actually has talent for languages. Shame that it was wasted away during the dolly years instead of her pursuing a career with it.

As for "hallucinating entire conversations"...that's as dumb as it gets. If her first diagnosis of Borderline Personality was correct, she'd still not be hallucinating. She's never demonstrated or been diagnosed with anything that would indicate that she hallucinates.

Oh yeah, having abusive parents totally is helpful for mentally ill young people. The "reality" she was grounded in certainly wasn't Margo gaslighting and manipulating her at every turn. Her schedule was definitely productive and useful, not designed to m.i.lk every cent and asspat out of her like a trained monkey, and Margo even did her the decency of weighing out salad leaves that Venus would be permitted to eat - so disciplined, so beneficial and not overly controlling at all! And Margo sure kept Venus focused by not allowing her to go to school, have friends, or have her own bed. She definitely couldn't be distracted by anything at all, especially not by thoughts of leaving her abusive parent.

I really hope you don't have children if you consider any of what Margo did to be "good" or beneficial to Venus in any way.

I actually think she has an impressive command of the English language, at least in writing. She has an extensive vocabulary, pretty good grammar, great understanding of idioms and word play for a non-native English speaker.

Her English isn't as super in her videos (still not bad at all), but I just chalk that up to her very heavy accent, which isn't a sign of intelligence or language capacity.

Popoto

Carbly Hydrated
Like, I get that you hate her, but this is stupid.

She actually went to school for language. Her English certainly isn't shit. It isn't perfect, but it's miles better than Marglish. She's done videos before where she speaks and answers questions in different languages.

I don't recall ever seeing anyone calling out Venus for her language skills, and she gets called out plenty by various groups.

It is so shit that most of us took ages to figure out this "ken" was apparently a different person to manaki, and people were wasting time on making assumptions out of her posting to the best of her limited English on exactly what those "brain scans" were. Now people were confused as to exactly what ken did to deserve being called a child molester.

The only school she went to for language is Korean for visa purposes, she was homeschooled pretty much all of UK residency.

Unlike Margo, Venus actually has talent for languages. Shame that it was wasted away during the dolly years instead of her pursuing a career with it.

She has no more talent than any other person. She needed to be chaperoned by Manaki for her Japanese. This thirsting and claiming I hate her because she is shit at English is ridiculous.

As for "hallucinating entire conversations"...that's as dumb as it gets. If her first diagnosis of Borderline Personality was correct, she'd still not be hallucinating. She's never demonstrated or been diagnosed with anything that would indicate that she hallucinates.

BPD symptoms include hallucinations. C-PTSD which got merged into BPD also includes psuedo-hallucinations as symptoms. The more alone she is, the more frequent and severe they are.

Your thirstposting is ridiculous.

Oh yeah, having abusive parents totally is helpful for mentally ill young people. The "reality" she was grounded in certainly wasn't Margo gaslighting and manipulating her at every turn. Her schedule was definitely productive and useful, not designed to m.i.lk every cent and asspat out of her like a trained monkey, and Margo even did her the decency of weighing out salad leaves that Venus would be permitted to eat - so disciplined, so beneficial and not overly controlling at all! And Margo sure kept Venus focused by not allowing her to go to school, have friends, or have her own bed. She definitely couldn't be distracted by anything at all, especially not by thoughts of leaving her abusive parent.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I said it was abuse. Nevertheless, Marge got her up in the mornings, kept her off the cooking alcohol, shunted her to language school and forced her to spend hours editing her videos. That is far more structure and stability than hallucinating her ass off drinking mirin out of some closet space in Tokyo.

I really hope you don't have children if you consider any of what Margo did to be "good" or beneficial to Venus in any way.

I love how you got so much out of a statement basically boiling down to "abusive parenting is better than no parenting at all".

Billions of Asians grow up where that level of abuse and gaslighting is par for the course with the suicide and mental illness stats (and divorce rates! Don't forget Asians are often forced into marriages just like Venus was sold off to Manaki and Manaki did not even question the act itself, just that Venus was too young!) to back it up.

Chances are, doctors and therapists Venus goes to in Japan had a worse time of it than Venus.

Yeah maybe tell the billions of Asians not to have children. I'm sure that will go down well.

Chicken Picnic

We saved you the last boiled egg!
True & Honest Fan
It is so shit that most of us took ages to figure out this "ken" was apparently a different person to manaki, and people were wasting time on making assumptions out of her posting to the best of her limited English on exactly what those "brain scans" were. Now people were confused as to exactly what ken did to deserve being called a child molester.

The only school she went to for language is Korean for visa purposes, she was homeschooled pretty much all of UK residency.

She has no more talent than any other person. She needed to be chaperoned by Manaki for her Japanese. This thirsting and claiming I hate her because she is shit at English is ridiculous.

BPD symptoms include hallucinations. C-PTSD which got merged into BPD also includes psuedo-hallucinations as symptoms. The more alone she is, the more frequent and severe they are.

Your thirstposting is ridiculous.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I said it was abuse. Nevertheless, Marge got her up in the mornings, kept her off the cooking alcohol, shunted her to language school and forced her to spend hours editing her videos. That is far more structure and stability than hallucinating her ass off drinking mirin out of some closet space in Tokyo.

I love how you got so much out of a statement basically boiling down to "abusive parenting is better than no parenting at all".

Billions of Asians grow up where that level of abuse and gaslighting is par for the course with the suicide and mental illness stats (and divorce rates! Don't forget Asians are often forced into marriages just like Venus was sold off to Manaki and Manaki did not even question the act itself, just that Venus was too young!) to back it up.

Chances are, doctors and therapists Venus goes to in Japan had a worse time of it than Venus.

Yeah maybe tell the billions of Asians not to have children. I'm sure that will go down well.
Y'all need to chill the fuck out. Abuse isn't a contest. It's not something you can just say oh well they had it worse, it depends on the person on how their brain handles prolonged abuse. We all know and accept Venus was treated like garbage by her mother, and I think most people know that strict Asian parenting is pretty horrible for a child too.

The only difference is culture, in the west it's horrible to treat your kids like that, whilst it's more normalised in Asian cultures. I don't believe that means it's right to do, but I do think it has an effect on how people from different cultures process what happens to them. Take for example, in England it's a debate on whether slapping/beating your child is ok or not, to the point some parts of the UK have fully banned it. In the Carribbean you will see people beating their kids in the street for misbehaving. It's so widespread in larger black culture in general, that most black people won't consider that abusive, it's just what happens and they probably deserved it in their minds. But there lies a difference in mentality- you could take two children, both beaten with a stick when they misbehaved their whole lives and shouted at by a parent and only one of the children ends up with trauma related mental health.

There are loads of factors that effect the levels of issues in Japan specifically. The culture of literally 'working yourself to death' and putting aside problems with the mindset of "it can't be helped" are a couple that spring to mind. But I don't think you can compare the strict parenting of Asian families and what happened to Venus. Japanese families aren't isolating their children from friendships by moving them from country to country, or normalising eating just a few raisins for lunch. They would never let their child go without getting a good school education- the competition for grades and entry into the best schools is something contributing to the stress of Japanese life. You just can't compare the two, both are shit ways to grow up in my opinion, but at least in Japan you could grow up knowing at least all your friends, and everyone else you probably know or will know, have been raised exactly the same way. Venus has to grow up late and fast now, knowing her mother fucked up her entire life. That's gonna take it's toll eventually and I think it's what we are seeing now she's spiralling out of control. She's likely reached that point in trauma processing where you first realise how fucked up something that happened to you was.

Also, little note on cptsd- it is an unofficial diagnosis, something never been in a diagnostics book and not something merged with BPD. Yes it's similar, but the difference would be that BPD can occur without having trauma. There is some evidence there could be a genetic factor when it comes to developing it and the same goes for other personality disorders too. Cptsd on the other hand is reserved for issues with emotional control and PTSD symptoms after repeated episodes of abuse (so something like repetitive sexual abuse as a child, or growing up in a warzone). Going by the definition, Venus would fit the bill, getting constantly abusive behaviour from her mother her whole life until she jumped ship, but it's not something that is an actual diagnosis, you just get a PTSD label and some psych doctors will say you have 'complex-ptsd' because you have a lot of other issues with your self that they believe are also linked to your trauma.

Popoto

Carbly Hydrated
Y'all need to chill the fuck out. Abuse isn't a contest. It's not something you can just say oh well they had it worse, it depends on the person on how their brain handles prolonged abuse. We all know and accept Venus was treated like garbage by her mother, and I think most people know that strict Asian parenting is pretty horrible for a child too.

No one said it was a competition, so don't turn it into a competition. Every parent believes what they are doing is good or the best for the child, and for every single thing you believe is principled, ten others will call out on it being abusive.

The only difference is culture, in the west it's horrible to treat your kids like that, whilst it's more normalised in Asian cultures. I don't believe that means it's right to do, but I do think it has an effect on how people from different cultures process what happens to them. Take for example, in England it's a debate on whether slapping/beating your child is ok or not, to the point some parts of the UK have fully banned it. In the Carribbean you will see people beating their kids in the street for misbehaving. It's so widespread in larger black culture in general, that most black people won't consider that abusive, it's just what happens and they probably deserved it in their minds. But there lies a difference in mentality- you could take two children, both beaten with a stick when they misbehaved their whole lives and shouted at by a parent and only one of the children ends up with trauma related mental health.

There are loads of factors that effect the levels of issues in Japan specifically. The culture of literally 'working yourself to death' and putting aside problems with the mindset of "it can't be helped" are a couple that spring to mind. But I don't think you can compare the strict parenting of Asian families and what happened to Venus. Japanese families aren't isolating their children from friendships by moving them from country to country, or normalising eating just a few raisins for lunch. They would never let their child go without getting a good school education- the competition for grades and entry into the best schools is something contributing to the stress of Japanese life. You just can't compare the two, both are shit ways to grow up in my opinion, but at least in Japan you could grow up knowing at least all your friends, and everyone else you probably know or will know, have been raised exactly the same way. Venus has to grow up late and fast now, knowing her mother fucked up her entire life. That's gonna take it's toll eventually and I think it's what we are seeing now she's spiralling out of control. She's likely reached that point in trauma processing where you first realise how fucked up something that happened to you was.

Contrary to what you see on anime and manga, Japanese parents take their kids, from country to country if necessary, as they pursue career opportunities. Schools strip the kids to their underpants, weigh them and measure their bust, waist and hips several times a year. In schools where cafeteria food is served, "fat" kids are put on restrictive portions.

There are thousands of Japanese students who went through systemic bullying who would say "what friends?" , as well as thousands of parents and teachers who wish to force a hikkikomori child through school because I guess a dead kid with an education is better than an alive kid without one.

I don't know why you insist upon making a comparison out of it and then concluding there is no comparison.

Then again, ut then there is the venus whiteknight brigade who think I am autistic and dumb for saying Venus is shit at English, probably even worse at Japanese and happens to be severely mentally ill in a country full of severely mentally ill people who would have a large blind spot for her specific circumstances because they went through the same shit.

Also, little note on cptsd- it is an unofficial diagnosis, something never been in a diagnostics book and not something merged with BPD. Yes it's similar, but the difference would be that BPD can occur without having trauma. There is some evidence there could be a genetic factor when it comes to developing it and the same goes for other personality disorders too. Cptsd on the other hand is reserved for issues with emotional control and PTSD symptoms after repeated episodes of abuse (so something like repetitive sexual abuse as a child, or growing up in a warzone). Going by the definition, Venus would fit the bill, getting constantly abusive behaviour from her mother her whole life until she jumped ship, but it's not something that is an actual diagnosis, you just get a PTSD label and some psych doctors will say you have 'complex-ptsd' because you have a lot of other issues with your self that they believe are also linked to your trauma.

C-PTSD is not "unofficial", it's just new. It wasn't included in DSM-V (published 2013) and was included in ICD-11 (WHO's own classification system, published 2018 ). Saying it was "never included in a diagnostics manual" is untrue.

You have also gone on to say the only difference in C-PTSD from PTSD is what makes it BPD, also known as emotional dysregulation disorder, you do realise that?

WHO has decided C-PTSD is a differential diagnosis from PTSD and rewrote the entite criteria of PTSD to accomodate C-PTSD in ICD-11.

APA has decided prior to WHO that C-PTSD is primarily an emotional dysregulation issue, and rewrote the criteria for emotional dysregulation disorder to what we know today as BPD to encompass C-PTSD.

In ICD, you can get a diagnosis for C-PTSD. For DSM-V (and insurance) purposes, you get a diagnosis for BPD.

Functionally, C-PTSD has been retroactively merged back into BPD. Considering DSM-I was published in response to ICD-6 and has consistently been in lockstep, there is a good chance it will be in a future hypothetical DSM-VI.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
No one said it was a competition, so don't turn it into a competition. Every parent believes what they are doing is good or the best for the child, and for every single thing you believe is principled, ten others will call out on it being abusive.

Contrary to what you see on anime and manga, Japanese parents take their kids, from country to country if necessary, as they pursue career opportunities. Schools strip the kids to their underpants, weigh them and measure their bust, waist and hips several times a year. In schools where cafeteria food is served, "fat" kids are put on restrictive portions.

There are thousands of Japanese students who went through systemic bullying who would say "what friends?" , as well as thousands of parents and teachers who wish to force a hikkikomori child through school because I guess a dead kid with an education is better than an alive kid without one.

I don't know why you insist upon making a comparison out of it and then concluding there is no comparison.

Then again, ut then there is the venus whiteknight brigade who think I am autistic and dumb for saying Venus is shit at English, probably even worse at Japanese and happens to be severely mentally ill in a country full of severely mentally ill people who would have a large blind spot for her specific circumstances because they went through the same shit.

C-PTSD is not "unofficial", it's just new. It wasn't included in DSM-V (published 2013) and was included in ICD-11 (WHO's own classification system, published 2018 ). Saying it was "never included in a diagnostics manual" is untrue.

You have also gone on to say the only difference in C-PTSD from PTSD is what makes it BPD, also known as emotional dysregulation disorder, you do realise that?

WHO has decided C-PTSD is a differential diagnosis from PTSD and rewrote the entite criteria of PTSD to accomodate C-PTSD in ICD-11.

APA has decided prior to WHO that C-PTSD is primarily an emotional dysregulation issue, and rewrote the criteria for emotional dysregulation disorder to what we know today as BPD to encompass C-PTSD.

In ICD, you can get a diagnosis for C-PTSD. For DSM-V (and insurance) purposes, you get a diagnosis for BPD.

Functionally, C-PTSD has been retroactively merged back into BPD. Considering DSM-I was published in response to ICD-6 and has consistently been in lockstep, there is a good chance it will be in a future hypothetical DSM-VI.

How could you possibly think a crazy single mother pimping out her adolescent daughter as “living doll” to the entire world online, on any TV show that would have them and to creepy old business men gives Venus any common ground to strictly raised Japanese people?

Venus’s childhood is somewhere inbetween the girls born into prostitution in India and Mommie Dearest. She’s got a whole new kind of abusive upbringing thanks to the internet allowing millions to watch, support, participant or criticize her abuse as it was happening...and now watching the fallout after her escape.

peachpit

all dirty.
So has she spoken at all about where she is currently? A few of the pictures she has posted have a couch that looks like the one at Manaki’s house, and her most recent selfie the room seems similar to his apartment, unless I’m mistaken.

Chicken Picnic

True & Honest Fan

Look i will stand corrected on the diagnostics manual part, as I hadn't seen the WHO had included it in the ICD, but what I said about its characteristics wasn't just emotional regulation issues. CPTSD is from repeated instances of abuse, which causes additional issues with emotional dysregulation and possible dissociative symptoms alongside symptoms of regular PTSD. The comparison I made between BPD and CPTSD was that you can be diagnosed with BPD without any history of trauma, yes they share symptoms but the defining factor is one is directly from experiencing trauma and the other is still under debate when it comes to the cause. Some may argue BPD could be genetic, others may say being raised by a BPD parent increases your chance of developing it yourself from unstable relationships from an early age.

As far as everything else, I don't know why you're hellbent on comparing two entirely different situations. I said there isn't a comparison because child abuse =/= culture. Are you saying that due to the meal restrictions and focus on being a healthy body weight etc, every japanese person suffers with body dysmorphia and anorexia/eating disorders? Because I really don't think thats the case. Many may have a more limited view on what 'fat' is, but it's not to the point their eating is disordered.

From what we have seen from Venus' life history (cue i've been a living doll since the day i was born! speil), she has never been overweight and never should have needed to have her meals restricted in the first place. Then, later in life, she goes on to get illegal weight loss surgery because she thinks she needs her stomach stapled so she can be thinner.

Do i personally think the way japan's culture works is healthy? Absolutely not. When people literally work themselves to death and your country's birth rate is falling because people are so focused on their careers they don't make time to have a family, you have a slight problem to say the least. But it's nothing akin to some kind of large scale, normalised child abuse.

Also, "Contrary to what you see on anime and manga?" :story:

How could you possibly think a crazy single mother pimping out her adolescent daughter as “living doll” to the entire world online, on any TV show that would have them and to creepy old business men gives Venus any common ground to strictly raised Japanese people?

Venus’s childhood is somewhere inbetween the girls born into prostitution in India and Mommie Dearest. She’s got a whole new kind of abusive upbringing thanks to the internet allowing millions to watch, support, participant or criticize her abuse as it was happening...and now watching the fallout after her escape.

I can't help thinking that this is what's in store for Desmond is Amazing, should he ever escape.

Popoto

Carbly Hydrated

Oh please, make up your fucking mind between scoffing at the idea that Venus experienced sex trafficking then turning around and saying Venus experienced the worst thing ever.

Either Venus is being scrutinised and viewed by millions or Venus is a nobody with a failing youtube account. Again, make up yout fucking mind.

Look i will stand corrected on the diagnostics manual part, as I hadn't seen the WHO had included it in the ICD, but what I said about its characteristics wasn't just emotional regulation issues. CPTSD is from repeated instances of abuse, which causes additional issues with emotional dysregulation and possible dissociative symptoms alongside symptoms of regular PTSD. The comparison I made between BPD and CPTSD was that you can be diagnosed with BPD without any history of trauma, yes they share symptoms but the defining factor is one is directly from experiencing trauma and the other is still under debate when it comes to the cause. Some may argue BPD could be genetic, others may say being raised by a BPD parent increases your chance of developing it yourself from unstable relationships from an early age.

As far as everything else, I don't know why you're hellbent on comparing two entirely different situations. I said there isn't a comparison because child abuse =/= culture. Are you saying that due to the meal restrictions and focus on being a healthy body weight etc, every japanese person suffers with body dysmorphia and anorexia/eating disorders? Because I really don't think thats the case. Many may have a more limited view on what 'fat' is, but it's not to the point their eating is disordered.

From what we have seen from Venus' life history (cue i've been a living doll since the day i was born! speil), she has never been overweight and never should have needed to have her meals restricted in the first place. Then, later in life, she goes on to get illegal weight loss surgery because she thinks she needs her stomach stapled so she can be thinner.

Do i personally think the way japan's culture works is healthy? Absolutely not. When people literally work themselves to death and your country's birth rate is falling because people are so focused on their careers they don't make time to have a family, you have a slight problem to say the least. But it's nothing akin to some kind of large scale, normalised child abuse.

Also, "Contrary to what you see on anime and manga?" :story:

If you don't understand how diagnostic modules work, then don't continue to spew shit about it.

ICD-11 PTSD is different from DSM-V PTSD and revictimisation has no consideration in DSM-V.

You are wrong in the idea that there is any kind of consensus a BPD diagnosis is genetic or learned. BPD absolutely requires trauma, otherwise it would be flat out just a personality disorder.

If BPD does not have a trauma component, then Venus by getting diagnosed with BPD and ADHD implies the diagnosing clinician did not see anything that qualifies as trauma.

Both of you insist on being obtuse weeaboos, so I will spell it out for you: Japan banned child pornography in 2014 and it isn't even prosecuted. A "living doll" is small fucking potatoes to a nation full of child gravure models in microbikinis. There is a huge bullying problem that causes the kids to become hikkikomori (shut in loners). DSM-V refused classification for hikki, meaning millions of children must pay for treatment and social workers out of pocket as Japan does not have single payer healthcare.

Even Princess Aiko became a hikki at the tender age of 8 because she was bullied at Gakushuin - an escalator school for royals and aristocrats. Her mother, Empress Masako, got bullied so fucking hard she had multiple miscarriages and got diagnosed with "Adjustment Disorder".

Japan absolutely has systemic child abuse. Don't spew cute shit about people being overworked or strict parenting.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
Oh please, make up your fucking mind between scoffing at the idea that Venus experienced sex trafficking then turning around and saying Venus experienced the worst thing ever.

Either Venus is being scrutinised and viewed by millions or Venus is a nobody with a failing youtube account. Again, make up yout fucking mind.

If you don't understand how diagnostic modules work, then don't continue to spew shit about it.

ICD-11 PTSD is different from DSM-V PTSD and revictimisation has no consideration in DSM-V.

You are wrong in the idea that there is any kind of consensus a BPD diagnosis is genetic or learned. BPD absolutely requires trauma, otherwise it would be flat out just a personality disorder.

If BPD does not have a trauma component, then Venus by getting diagnosed with BPD and ADHD implies the diagnosing clinician did not see anything that qualifies as trauma.

Both of you insist on being obtuse weeaboos, so I will spell it out for you: Japan banned child pornography in 2014 and it isn't even prosecuted. A "living doll" is small fucking potatoes to a nation full of child gravure models in microbikinis. There is a huge bullying problem that causes the kids to become hikkikomori (shut in loners). DSM-V refused classification for hikki, meaning millions of children must pay for treatment and social workers out of pocket as Japan does not have single payer healthcare.

Even Princess Aiko became a hikki at the tender age of 8 because she was bullied at Gakushuin - an escalator school for royals and aristocrats. Her mother, Empress Masako, got bullied so fucking hard she had multiple miscarriages and got diagnosed with "Adjustment Disorder".

Japan absolutely has systemic child abuse. Don't spew cute shit about people being overworked or strict parenting.

Haha, dude can you even keep straight who you are responding? Does the blinding Venus Weebo rage make you unable to differentiate between posters? I’ve never said jack shit about the status of Venus’s YT channel. I’ve also never scoffed at or discussed Venus being “sex trafficked”

But please Miss Forum Ph.D Expert at Diagnostic MODULES enlighten us on the Dx of a woman you only know via YT videos along with every single child raised in Japan. I understand that’s how all super professional diagnostic psychologists Dx people these days, via watching a someone’s YT videos. Even more effective is your method of condemning an entire nation’s practices and cultural norms on child rearing.

I’ll await the copy and paste wall of text from the DSM-V plus antidotal story links that totally prove your diagnosis of Venus and how delightful her childhood was when compared to every single child living in Japan.

I guess we should also tell every victim of child abuse to stfu because JAPAN!!! Once they read about Japan they will be grateful to meth head mom who beat them regularly before abandoning them at a truck stop.

TL;Dr lol calm down.

Last edited:

Chicken Picnic

True & Honest Fan
Haha, dude can you even keep straight who you are responding? Does the blinding Venus Weebo rage make you unable to differentiate between posters? I’ve never said jack shit about the status of Venus’s YT channel. I’ve also never scoffed at or discussed Venus being “sex trafficked”

But please Miss Forum Ph.D Expert at Diagnostic MODULES enlighten us on the Dx of a woman you only know via YT videos along with every single child raised in Japan. I understand that’s how all super professional diagnostic psychologists Dx people these days, via watching a someone’s YT videos. Even more effective is your method of condemning an entire nation’s practices and cultural norms on child rearing.

I’ll await the copy and paste wall of text from the DSM-V plus antidotal story links that totally prove your diagnosis of Venus and how delightful her childhood was when compared to every single child living in Japan.

I guess we should also tell every victim of child abuse to stfu because JAPAN!!! Once they read about Japan they will be grateful to meth head mom who beat them regularly before abandoning them at a truck stop.

TL;Dr lol calm down.
I think they took you saying Margo "pimped Venus out" means she was sex trafficked m8 lol

First, the ICD 11 doesn't come into effect until 2022 so no one will be officially diagnosing anything under those guidelines at this time. You keep comparing a currently unofficially published diagnostic manual with a widely used manual of diagnostic criteria, which doesn't work to well since the DSM-5 hasn't been updated since 2015 (technically 2018, but that was actually just an update to the coding of disorders, to be more in line with the ICD). This last update mainly changed wordings of some entries, so really all the current actual diagnostic criteria in the DSM is from 2013. Some doctors may refer to the new ICD, but it is not something that is officially in use yet, counting for why some people may have diagnoses of C-PTSD and some may not. I assume when 11 is officially rolled out, the DSM will update again to include the new additions and changes to existing conditions.

So, keeping all this in mind, the current diagnostic criteria for BPD(DSM-5)/EUPD(ICD-10) does not require the presence of trauma. The DSM-5 does say that a history of "physical and sexual abuse, neglect, hostile conflict, and early parental loss" are more common in the history of people with the diagnosis, but this is not required for a diagnosis. The DSM also includes how there is a 5x more likely chance to develop BPD if there is a first degree relative with the condition. So, I will say again, there is currently no consensus on a specific cause of BPD and trauma is nothing to do with the condition's diagnostic guidelines. Trauma is diagnosed separately through PTSD, which is listed as a common co-morbidity, but again is not required for diagnosis. You can read this yourself on pages 663-666 of the DSM-5 if you're interested btw. Nothing is implied in the diagnosis she got from a doctor, as there is nothing other than hitting 5/9 diagnostic symptoms of the condition required for you to get diagnosed. Considering her history of unstable self image, binge drinking, suicidal thoughts and unstable relationships with everyone she seems to meet, I don't think it's a surprise if she did get a BPD diagnosis.

Now, onto PTSD. I don't know why you brought up revicimisation when, by your own previous post, you declared very forcefully how C-PTSD is an official diagnosis as it's in the ICD-11. I say this as the manual literally states that C-PTSD is caused by "most commonly, prolonged or repetitive events from which escape is difficult or impossible (e.g., torture, slavery, genocide campaigns, prolonged domestic violence, repeated childhood sexual or physical abuse." It also can't be diagnosed unless all other criteria for PTSD are checked, plus issues with emotional regulation, relationships and self worth. BPD was also not 'merged' into C-PTSD btw, it is still in the ICD under Personality Disorder (with Borderline Traits), and the symptoms required are a lot more than just those mentioned in C-PTSD, as they have always been. The changes in personality in C-PTSD, iirc, are thought to be from the brain's development being altered by the abuse, especially if it happens at a young age. For reference, C-PTSD and BPD's entries in the ICD-11 are 6B41 and 6D11.5 respectively.

I'm not going to get into the rest of your post about abuse and cheese pizza etc. We aren't here to debate if Venus was or wasn't abused badly enough to have a fucked up brain, or if the population of Japan is mass abusing their children and jacking it to loli porn or not. This thread is to talk about what she is doing, it's not white knighting just because the majority of readers here can recognise when someone has been treated like shit. That being said, it doesn't make her any less of a potential cow. If she continues her sperging then people will comment on it. You can have sympathy for what has happened to someone whilst still recognising when their behaviour is making them look like a retard.

Don't come in here shitting up the thread and saying people have no knowledge of the topic btw, you'd be surprised how many kiwis know shit about psychology or have been through enough similar bullshit to have an idea about what abuse does to someone. The top hats really don't look good on you.

Peetz's Bank Account

hamood's got talent arabic ringtone

lol you're re.tarded. stop derailing the thread because you want to a-log about an exceptional woman who was emotionally abused and mentally controlled by her batshit insane mother

Dovahshit

King of the shitheels ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Screenshot_20200407-185106_Instagram.jpg
venus, put your clothes on will you.