Off-Topic Venus Palermo / VenusAngelic - For general Venus gossip

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Popoto

Carbly Hydrated
kiwifarms.net
Most of us are arguing or speculating about shit Venus said because her English, arguably her "best" language, is so shit. She cannot string a sentence together in Korean and her Japanese is bad enough that Manaki has to chaperone. I cannot imagine her (Swiss) German, taught to her solely by River Kappa, is any good.

Never mind treatment for BPD (which is right up there with transgenderism for insurers just denying every claim)
I thought she was dating girls, and opened a business with her best friend of the moment, they had an office and employees?

And hasn't she moved like three times in the past year, was recently looking for something more affordable? As opposed to something with less ken?

It's very hard to separate what is true and what isn't, which is why (to me) it's so difficult to separate her real struggles from emotional manipulation of fans/followers.
Honestly, half the problem is Venus is shit at English, and that is somehow apparently still the language she is most proficient at.

She is also severely mentally ill, and I would not be surprised if she hallucinates entire previous instagram posts or online conversations.

I suspect that her abusive and hyper controlling mother also kept her grounded in reality, maintained a schedule for her and kept her focused. Ironic, but that usually is how it is.

PolexiaAphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
kiwifarms.net
Most of us are arguing or speculating about shit Venus said because her English, arguably her "best" language, is so shit. She cannot string a sentence together in Korean and her Japanese is bad enough that Manaki has to chaperone. I cannot imagine her (Swiss) German, taught to her solely by River Kappa, is any good.

Never mind treatment for BPD (which is right up there with transgenderism for insurers just denying every claim)

Honestly, half the problem is Venus is shit at English, and that is somehow apparently still the language she is most proficient at.

She is also severely mentally ill, and I would not be surprised if she hallucinates entire previous instagram posts or online conversations.

I suspect that her abusive and hyper controlling mother also kept her grounded in reality, maintained a schedule for her and kept her focused. Ironic, but that usually is how it is.
Like, I get that you hate her, but this is stupid.

She actually went to school for language. Her English certainly isn't shit. It isn't perfect, but it's miles better than Marglish. She's done videos before where she speaks and answers questions in different languages.

I don't recall ever seeing anyone calling out Venus for her language skills, and she gets called out plenty by various groups.

Unlike Margo, Venus actually has talent for languages. Shame that it was wasted away during the dolly years instead of her pursuing a career with it.

As for "hallucinating entire conversations"...that's as dumb as it gets. If her first diagnosis of Borderline Personality was correct, she'd still not be hallucinating. She's never demonstrated or been diagnosed with anything that would indicate that she hallucinates.

Oh yeah, having abusive parents totally is helpful for mentally ill young people. The "reality" she was grounded in certainly wasn't Margo gaslighting and manipulating her at every turn. Her schedule was definitely productive and useful, not designed to m.i.lk every cent and asspat out of her like a trained monkey, and Margo even did her the decency of weighing out salad leaves that Venus would be permitted to eat - so disciplined, so beneficial and not overly controlling at all! And Margo sure kept Venus focused by not allowing her to go to school, have friends, or have her own bed. She definitely couldn't be distracted by anything at all, especially not by thoughts of leaving her abusive parent.

I really hope you don't have children if you consider any of what Margo did to be "good" or beneficial to Venus in any way.

SituationTypeThing

kiwifarms.net
I actually think she has an impressive command of the English language, at least in writing. She has an extensive vocabulary, pretty good grammar, great understanding of idioms and word play for a non-native English speaker.

Her English isn't as super in her videos (still not bad at all), but I just chalk that up to her very heavy accent, which isn't a sign of intelligence or language capacity.

Popoto

Carbly Hydrated
kiwifarms.net
Like, I get that you hate her, but this is stupid.

She actually went to school for language. Her English certainly isn't shit. It isn't perfect, but it's miles better than Marglish. She's done videos before where she speaks and answers questions in different languages.

I don't recall ever seeing anyone calling out Venus for her language skills, and she gets called out plenty by various groups.
It is so shit that most of us took ages to figure out this "ken" was apparently a different person to manaki, and people were wasting time on making assumptions out of her posting to the best of her limited English on exactly what those "brain scans" were. Now people were confused as to exactly what ken did to deserve being called a child molester.

The only school she went to for language is Korean for visa purposes, she was homeschooled pretty much all of UK residency.

Unlike Margo, Venus actually has talent for languages. Shame that it was wasted away during the dolly years instead of her pursuing a career with it.
She has no more talent than any other person. She needed to be chaperoned by Manaki for her Japanese. This thirsting and claiming I hate her because she is shit at English is ridiculous.

As for "hallucinating entire conversations"...that's as dumb as it gets. If her first diagnosis of Borderline Personality was correct, she'd still not be hallucinating. She's never demonstrated or been diagnosed with anything that would indicate that she hallucinates.
BPD symptoms include hallucinations. C-PTSD which got merged into BPD also includes psuedo-hallucinations as symptoms. The more alone she is, the more frequent and severe they are.

Your thirstposting is ridiculous.

Oh yeah, having abusive parents totally is helpful for mentally ill young people. The "reality" she was grounded in certainly wasn't Margo gaslighting and manipulating her at every turn. Her schedule was definitely productive and useful, not designed to m.i.lk every cent and asspat out of her like a trained monkey, and Margo even did her the decency of weighing out salad leaves that Venus would be permitted to eat - so disciplined, so beneficial and not overly controlling at all! And Margo sure kept Venus focused by not allowing her to go to school, have friends, or have her own bed. She definitely couldn't be distracted by anything at all, especially not by thoughts of leaving her abusive parent.
Stop putting words in my mouth. I said it was abuse. Nevertheless, Marge got her up in the mornings, kept her off the cooking alcohol, shunted her to language school and forced her to spend hours editing her videos. That is far more structure and stability than hallucinating her ass off drinking mirin out of some closet space in Tokyo.

I really hope you don't have children if you consider any of what Margo did to be "good" or beneficial to Venus in any way.
I love how you got so much out of a statement basically boiling down to "abusive parenting is better than no parenting at all".

Billions of Asians grow up where that level of abuse and gaslighting is par for the course with the suicide and mental illness stats (and divorce rates! Don't forget Asians are often forced into marriages just like Venus was sold off to Manaki and Manaki did not even question the act itself, just that Venus was too young!) to back it up.

Chances are, doctors and therapists Venus goes to in Japan had a worse time of it than Venus.

Yeah maybe tell the billions of Asians not to have children. I'm sure that will go down well.

Chicken Picnic

We saved you the last boiled egg!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is so shit that most of us took ages to figure out this "ken" was apparently a different person to manaki, and people were wasting time on making assumptions out of her posting to the best of her limited English on exactly what those "brain scans" were. Now people were confused as to exactly what ken did to deserve being called a child molester.

The only school she went to for language is Korean for visa purposes, she was homeschooled pretty much all of UK residency.

She has no more talent than any other person. She needed to be chaperoned by Manaki for her Japanese. This thirsting and claiming I hate her because she is shit at English is ridiculous.

BPD symptoms include hallucinations. C-PTSD which got merged into BPD also includes psuedo-hallucinations as symptoms. The more alone she is, the more frequent and severe they are.

Your thirstposting is ridiculous.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I said it was abuse. Nevertheless, Marge got her up in the mornings, kept her off the cooking alcohol, shunted her to language school and forced her to spend hours editing her videos. That is far more structure and stability than hallucinating her ass off drinking mirin out of some closet space in Tokyo.

I love how you got so much out of a statement basically boiling down to "abusive parenting is better than no parenting at all".

Billions of Asians grow up where that level of abuse and gaslighting is par for the course with the suicide and mental illness stats (and divorce rates! Don't forget Asians are often forced into marriages just like Venus was sold off to Manaki and Manaki did not even question the act itself, just that Venus was too young!) to back it up.

Chances are, doctors and therapists Venus goes to in Japan had a worse time of it than Venus.

Yeah maybe tell the billions of Asians not to have children. I'm sure that will go down well.
Y'all need to chill the fuck out. Abuse isn't a contest. It's not something you can just say oh well they had it worse, it depends on the person on how their brain handles prolonged abuse. We all know and accept Venus was treated like garbage by her mother, and I think most people know that strict Asian parenting is pretty horrible for a child too.

The only difference is culture, in the west it's horrible to treat your kids like that, whilst it's more normalised in Asian cultures. I don't believe that means it's right to do, but I do think it has an effect on how people from different cultures process what happens to them. Take for example, in England it's a debate on whether slapping/beating your child is ok or not, to the point some parts of the UK have fully banned it. In the Carribbean you will see people beating their kids in the street for misbehaving. It's so widespread in larger black culture in general, that most black people won't consider that abusive, it's just what happens and they probably deserved it in their minds. But there lies a difference in mentality- you could take two children, both beaten with a stick when they misbehaved their whole lives and shouted at by a parent and only one of the children ends up with trauma related mental health.

There are loads of factors that effect the levels of issues in Japan specifically. The culture of literally 'working yourself to death' and putting aside problems with the mindset of "it can't be helped" are a couple that spring to mind. But I don't think you can compare the strict parenting of Asian families and what happened to Venus. Japanese families aren't isolating their children from friendships by moving them from country to country, or normalising eating just a few raisins for lunch. They would never let their child go without getting a good school education- the competition for grades and entry into the best schools is something contributing to the stress of Japanese life. You just can't compare the two, both are shit ways to grow up in my opinion, but at least in Japan you could grow up knowing at least all your friends, and everyone else you probably know or will know, have been raised exactly the same way. Venus has to grow up late and fast now, knowing her mother fucked up her entire life. That's gonna take it's toll eventually and I think it's what we are seeing now she's spiralling out of control. She's likely reached that point in trauma processing where you first realise how fucked up something that happened to you was.

Also, little note on cptsd- it is an unofficial diagnosis, something never been in a diagnostics book and not something merged with BPD. Yes it's similar, but the difference would be that BPD can occur without having trauma. There is some evidence there could be a genetic factor when it comes to developing it and the same goes for other personality disorders too. Cptsd on the other hand is reserved for issues with emotional control and PTSD symptoms after repeated episodes of abuse (so something like repetitive sexual abuse as a child, or growing up in a warzone). Going by the definition, Venus would fit the bill, getting constantly abusive behaviour from her mother her whole life until she jumped ship, but it's not something that is an actual diagnosis, you just get a PTSD label and some psych doctors will say you have 'complex-ptsd' because you have a lot of other issues with your self that they believe are also linked to your trauma.

Popoto

Carbly Hydrated
kiwifarms.net
Y'all need to chill the fuck out. Abuse isn't a contest. It's not something you can just say oh well they had it worse, it depends on the person on how their brain handles prolonged abuse. We all know and accept Venus was treated like garbage by her mother, and I think most people know that strict Asian parenting is pretty horrible for a child too.
No one said it was a competition, so don't turn it into a competition. Every parent believes what they are doing is good or the best for the child, and for every single thing you believe is principled, ten others will call out on it being abusive.

The only difference is culture, in the west it's horrible to treat your kids like that, whilst it's more normalised in Asian cultures. I don't believe that means it's right to do, but I do think it has an effect on how people from different cultures process what happens to them. Take for example, in England it's a debate on whether slapping/beating your child is ok or not, to the point some parts of the UK have fully banned it. In the Carribbean you will see people beating their kids in the street for misbehaving. It's so widespread in larger black culture in general, that most black people won't consider that abusive, it's just what happens and they probably deserved it in their minds. But there lies a difference in mentality- you could take two children, both beaten with a stick when they misbehaved their whole lives and shouted at by a parent and only one of the children ends up with trauma related mental health.

There are loads of factors that effect the levels of issues in Japan specifically. The culture of literally 'working yourself to death' and putting aside problems with the mindset of "it can't be helped" are a couple that spring to mind. But I don't think you can compare the strict parenting of Asian families and what happened to Venus. Japanese families aren't isolating their children from friendships by moving them from country to country, or normalising eating just a few raisins for lunch. They would never let their child go without getting a good school education- the competition for grades and entry into the best schools is something contributing to the stress of Japanese life. You just can't compare the two, both are shit ways to grow up in my opinion, but at least in Japan you could grow up knowing at least all your friends, and everyone else you probably know or will know, have been raised exactly the same way. Venus has to grow up late and fast now, knowing her mother fucked up her entire life. That's gonna take it's toll eventually and I think it's what we are seeing now she's spiralling out of control. She's likely reached that point in trauma processing where you first realise how fucked up something that happened to you was.
Contrary to what you see on anime and manga, Japanese parents take their kids, from country to country if necessary, as they pursue career opportunities. Schools strip the kids to their underpants, weigh them and measure their bust, waist and hips several times a year. In schools where cafeteria food is served, "fat" kids are put on restrictive portions.

There are thousands of Japanese students who went through systemic bullying who would say "what friends?" , as well as thousands of parents and teachers who wish to force a hikkikomori child through school because I guess a dead kid with an education is better than an alive kid without one.

I don't know why you insist upon making a comparison out of it and then concluding there is no comparison.

Then again, ut then there is the venus whiteknight brigade who think I am autistic and dumb for saying Venus is shit at English, probably even worse at Japanese and happens to be severely mentally ill in a country full of severely mentally ill people who would have a large blind spot for her specific circumstances because they went through the same shit.

Also, little note on cptsd- it is an unofficial diagnosis, something never been in a diagnostics book and not something merged with BPD. Yes it's similar, but the difference would be that BPD can occur without having trauma. There is some evidence there could be a genetic factor when it comes to developing it and the same goes for other personality disorders too. Cptsd on the other hand is reserved for issues with emotional control and PTSD symptoms after repeated episodes of abuse (so something like repetitive sexual abuse as a child, or growing up in a warzone). Going by the definition, Venus would fit the bill, getting constantly abusive behaviour from her mother her whole life until she jumped ship, but it's not something that is an actual diagnosis, you just get a PTSD label and some psych doctors will say you have 'complex-ptsd' because you have a lot of other issues with your self that they believe are also linked to your trauma.
C-PTSD is not "unofficial", it's just new. It wasn't included in DSM-V (published 2013) and was included in ICD-11 (WHO's own classification system, published 2018 ). Saying it was "never included in a diagnostics manual" is untrue.

You have also gone on to say the only difference in C-PTSD from PTSD is what makes it BPD, also known as emotional dysregulation disorder, you do realise that?

WHO has decided C-PTSD is a differential diagnosis from PTSD and rewrote the entite criteria of PTSD to accomodate C-PTSD in ICD-11.

APA has decided prior to WHO that C-PTSD is primarily an emotional dysregulation issue, and rewrote the criteria for emotional dysregulation disorder to what we know today as BPD to encompass C-PTSD.

In ICD, you can get a diagnosis for C-PTSD. For DSM-V (and insurance) purposes, you get a diagnosis for BPD.

Functionally, C-PTSD has been retroactively merged back into BPD. Considering DSM-I was published in response to ICD-6 and has consistently been in lockstep, there is a good chance it will be in a future hypothetical DSM-VI.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No one said it was a competition, so don't turn it into a competition. Every parent believes what they are doing is good or the best for the child, and for every single thing you believe is principled, ten others will call out on it being abusive.

Contrary to what you see on anime and manga, Japanese parents take their kids, from country to country if necessary, as they pursue career opportunities. Schools strip the kids to their underpants, weigh them and measure their bust, waist and hips several times a year. In schools where cafeteria food is served, "fat" kids are put on restrictive portions.

There are thousands of Japanese students who went through systemic bullying who would say "what friends?" , as well as thousands of parents and teachers who wish to force a hikkikomori child through school because I guess a dead kid with an education is better than an alive kid without one.

I don't know why you insist upon making a comparison out of it and then concluding there is no comparison.

Then again, ut then there is the venus whiteknight brigade who think I am autistic and dumb for saying Venus is shit at English, probably even worse at Japanese and happens to be severely mentally ill in a country full of severely mentally ill people who would have a large blind spot for her specific circumstances because they went through the same shit.

C-PTSD is not "unofficial", it's just new. It wasn't included in DSM-V (published 2013) and was included in ICD-11 (WHO's own classification system, published 2018 ). Saying it was "never included in a diagnostics manual" is untrue.

You have also gone on to say the only difference in C-PTSD from PTSD is what makes it BPD, also known as emotional dysregulation disorder, you do realise that?

WHO has decided C-PTSD is a differential diagnosis from PTSD and rewrote the entite criteria of PTSD to accomodate C-PTSD in ICD-11.

APA has decided prior to WHO that C-PTSD is primarily an emotional dysregulation issue, and rewrote the criteria for emotional dysregulation disorder to what we know today as BPD to encompass C-PTSD.

In ICD, you can get a diagnosis for C-PTSD. For DSM-V (and insurance) purposes, you get a diagnosis for BPD.

Functionally, C-PTSD has been retroactively merged back into BPD. Considering DSM-I was published in response to ICD-6 and has consistently been in lockstep, there is a good chance it will be in a future hypothetical DSM-VI.
How could you possibly think a crazy single mother pimping out her adolescent daughter as “living doll” to the entire world online, on any TV show that would have them and to creepy old business men gives Venus any common ground to strictly raised Japanese people?

Venus’s childhood is somewhere inbetween the girls born into prostitution in India and Mommie Dearest. She’s got a whole new kind of abusive upbringing thanks to the internet allowing millions to watch, support, participant or criticize her abuse as it was happening...and now watching the fallout after her escape.

peachpit

Deditated wam
kiwifarms.net
So has she spoken at all about where she is currently? A few of the pictures she has posted have a couch that looks like the one at Manaki’s house, and her most recent selfie the room seems similar to his apartment, unless I’m mistaken.