Law VERDICT: Jury awards Gibson’s Bakery $11 million against Oberlin College - Your hate hoax isn't "just starting a conversation"

Q

QI 541

kiwifarms.net
Lowercase f. Let's say "Jack-booted lickspittle," if you prefer; I'm not talking about Mussolini's economy.

If you're loyal to the US government over any one person, you should definitely kill yourself. I don't mean "any given person." I mean if you'd turn on your spouse or your child because you value the system more highly, you're faithless trash.

There are a lot of people who would turn on the person they purportedly loved in order to get asspats from strangers.
So if your spouse commits murder and eats a baby, you shouldn't turn him in?

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lowercase f. Let's say "Jack-booted lickspittle," if you prefer; I'm not talking about Mussolini's economy.

If you're loyal to the US government over any one person, you should definitely kill yourself. I don't mean "any given person." I mean if you'd turn on your spouse or your child because you value the system more highly, you're faithless trash.

There are a lot of people who would turn on the person they purportedly loved in order to get asspats from strangers.
Yeah, I get your sentiment; I'm just the kind of person that is very legalistic (autistic) about properly applying labels hence my devil's advocacy.

• Feels
Reactions: Ped Xing

not william stenchever

"Break yourself, foot niggas"
kiwifarms.net
On the subject of loyalty to a system vs loyalty to individuals: Temporarily giving up your individual rights in an effort to defend America and it's founding principles (joining the armed forces as a volunteer) is a bit different from snitching on your cousin for not properly filing his taxes or your daughter for running an improperly licensed lemonade stand. When it comes to close friends and family people tend to stick with their kith and kin over following strictures of exact legality. And sometimes when people do heinous and illegal shit their loved ones are more likely to go "I know a place to bury the body" instead of calling the police.

However, when an authoritarian state exists that will punish you for not reporting your next door neighbor's wrong think it creates a very sick environment where people will try to send lifelong friends to the gulag first to postpone that horrible fate befalling themselves. And even then that is individuals trying to operate in a sick environment. True believers within a system like Stalinism are relatively rare.

Iwasamwillbe

The Magnificent
kiwifarms.net
IS

A

REAL

FUCKING

RAPIST

feed into the narrative that College students are a bunch of idiots being manipulated by their commie proffesors
Because they are?

Fox news and the right wing media are wanking themselves silly on this case.
And why is that wrong?

In fact, why is being "right-wing media" wrong?

So LI have posted a Twitter thread of the best trial moments, but you really don't need to look further than the first article cited to see how insane the whole bloody college is.

Sorry what the fuck?
Is that a college or a fucking adult day care center?

pwnest injun

An Honest Man is Always in Trouble
kiwifarms.net
The biggest blow is going to be to their reputation. The very public fact that their students are vicious spastics given to infantile mentation is going to devalue a degree from Oberlin college tremendously. As a result, attendance will plummet. They really really really really should have settled out of court and issued an apology. I hope this dumb fuck admin necks herself.

pwnest injun

An Honest Man is Always in Trouble
kiwifarms.net
True, I'll bet even as we speak, Oberlin is joining Evergreen and Mizzou on the unofficial list of "resumes to be round filed" at the HR dept. of every company that does NOT sustain itself writing clickbait lists.
Hopefully alumni file a class action against the administrations of these places for damages, since they've rendered their degrees worthless.

Jaimas

Sharkitect
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some exceptional contributor sympathizing with protestors who were....white.

A choice pull quote from that article:

many Oberlin students believe that Gibson’s is not completely innocent. Some African American students, it is very difficult to know how many, don’t feel comfortable when they walk into the bakery and believe that they are treated differently there. To their minds, the protests weren’t a rush to judgment, but rather a burst of anger at a longstanding situation.
If that is so, how come they didn't come forward to give evidence at trial and, in fact, actually said the opposite on the record when asked about this? Holy weasel words, Batman!

Oh, and the person who wrote that gave up practicing law in New York (possibly a very lucrative career, be it in a high rise cube farm on Wall Street or running trials independently) to become a professor of political science at Loyola Marymount University, California. I don't know how good an academic institution that is, but it strikes me as all a bit "those who can't, teach" for my liking.

Wargarbl

kiwifarms.net
True, I'll bet even as we speak, Oberlin is joining Evergreen and Mizzou on the unofficial list of "resumes to be round filed" at the HR dept. of every company that does NOT sustain itself writing clickbait lists.
It really can't be understated how ruinous those events were for Mizzou and Evergreen.

Mizzou's freshman enrollment dropped something like 25-30% the year after their disaster in an era where enrollment never, EVER drops. They literally lost millions of dollars out of their budget and had to temporarily shutter dorms due to lack of students to fill them. They have mostly recovered at this point, and you haven't heard a peep from that campus about SocJus since; that's no coincidence and I guarantee you every other major state university took notes and clamped the FUCK down on any little pinko shits on their campus looking to copycat. See: Ohio State's admin calmly telling a group of Occupy/BLM protesters they have 2 hours to vacate or the police will physically remove them and they'll be expelled, no questions asked.

Evergreen's very existence is under threat, since they were always a small and quirky place for people who didn't fit in the mainstream. When you have a robust endowment and 10's of thousands of students like Mizzou, you can weather the storm a bit. Evergreen's funding has always been shaky and they had a similar mass exodus. They'll probably pull through, but it's questionable.

Now we have Oberlin and Columbia both losing big, public cases where the uni gets embarrassed for being complicit in their student's bad ideas. I'd like to think private schools will learn from this, but I'm beginning to wonder if they are capable.

P

PN 801

kiwifarms.net
A choice pull quote from that article:

If that is so, how come they didn't come forward to give evidence at trial and, in fact, actually said the opposite on the record when asked about this? Holy weasel words, Batman!

Oh, and the person who wrote that gave up practicing law in New York (possibly a very lucrative career, be it in a high rise cube farm on Wall Street or running trials independently) to become a professor of political science at Loyola Marymount University, California. I don't know how good an academic institution that is, but it strikes me as all a bit "those who can't, teach" for my liking.
These fucks getting paid to write fake opinion news rustles my jimmies.

• Agree
Reactions: FierceBrosnan

Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some exceptional contributor sympathizing with protestors who were....white.

Then that's the defendant's problem. They didn't properly do voir dire that's their fucking fault. Also black employees testified, so who gives a fuck.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino