Law VERDICT: Jury awards Gibson’s Bakery $11 million against Oberlin College - Your hate hoax isn't "just starting a conversation"

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly curious if their vitriolic defiance is because they know they did wrong, they just don't want to cut that check, they know it was wrong but can't admit it since doing so hurts their "brand" and drives down enrollment/donations or they honestly think they did nothing wrong and were actually the REAL victim in this billion-dollar institution vs Mom and Pop bakery battle?

Last edited:

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly curious if their vitriolic defiance is because they know they did wrong, they just don't want to cut that check, they know it was wrong but can't admit it since doing so hurts their "brand" and drives down enrollment/donations or they honestly think they did nothing wrong and were actually the REAL victim in this billion-dollar institution vs Mom and Pop bakery?
They're not backing down because they're scared the broke brain woke zombies they created will riot and burn the campus to the ground if they admit fault and they're probably right.

Slimy Time

Rape Face #4
kiwifarms.net
I was curious and went on the Gibson's Bakery website. On the header of the page is a link to a 69 page FAQ document, obviously drafted by a lawyer, that is FULL of screen shots of emails and other receipts from the case. It is truly a beautiful sight to behold. Much of the stuff has already been mentioned earlier in this thread, but I give massive kudos to Gibson's for putting those sweet sweet receipts out there for anyone to consume. Some of the most delicious material they've probably ever offered.
Website

EDIT: They also have an online shop. What better way to tick off the college than strolling around Oberlin in a Gibson's cap?
Combine that with the son's thank you video and stating that he has cancer. Man it must just suck to have to keep fighting these people. One of the family members is a 90+ year old man who is near the end of his life, another suffering from cancer, and it would be such a shame to have their names dragged through the mud some more and have possibly the last moments of their life stuck in legal battles with these pricks in Oberlin College after it should be all over.

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly curious if their vitriolic defiance is because they know they did wrong, they just don't want to cut that check, they know it was wrong but can't admit it since doing so hurts their "brand" and drives down enrollment/donations or they honestly think they did nothing wrong and were actually the REAL victim in this billion-dollar institution vs Mom and Pop bakery?
I'd say it certainly figured into their calculus. If they don't have the money to pay, making a Hail Mary attempt at an appeal is a better choice than going bankrupt.

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
Combine that with the son's thank you video and stating that he has cancer. Man it must just suck to have to keep fighting these people. One of the family members is a 90+ year old man who is near the end of his life, another suffering from cancer, and it would be such a shame to have their names dragged through the mud some more and have possibly the last moments of their life stuck in legal battles with these pricks in Oberlin College after it should be all over.
And to think, it all started because they wouldn't let the students shoplift....

Having thought about it, I don't even think any of my possible scenarios apply. Now I'm thinking that they never stopped to consider the moral calculus at all. They just were all aboard the woke train because wokeness=good and didn't even look into anything until the suit was actually filed.

They weren't even aware they were doing something actionable even as they were doing it..... they were purely living in the moment of being the one true source of racial justice in the world to the point that they didn't even know who or what the argument against Gibson's was or should be.... they just knew we're the good guys, so, obviously, THEY ARE BAD.

Last edited:

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'd say it certainly figured into their calculus. If they don't have the money to pay, making a Hail Mary attempt at an appeal is a better choice than going bankrupt.
They have the money. It's actually a drop in the bucket compared to their multi-billion endowment. They're just absolute shits.

Local Coyote

Hey man, got any cats?
kiwifarms.net
They also have an online shop. What better way to tick off the college than strolling around Oberlin in a Gibson's cap?
Those peanut butter buckeyes with pecans look and sound delicious. Hell all that chocolate looks good. Might need a sugar fix all the way from Ohio.

A hat is also tempting since I graduated from one of Oberlin's lesser known rivals. Fuck Oberlin.

YooA

kiwifarms.net
They have the money. It's actually a drop in the bucket compared to their multi-billion endowment. They're just absolute shits.
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. This specific case just feels like a flex by the collage that backfired.

The attempt was to utilize the racism narrative (that they sell on campus) to exercise their power in the community. An exercise of their ability to rally people behind their ideology, and demonstrate its effectiveness. None of this was authentic or about what was right, it was just a gratuitous display of power.

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
None of this was authentic or about what was right, it was just a gratuitous display of power.
Which is why losing has made them double-down. Metaphorically, they staged a public boxing match with a palooka pulled off the street and offered a free shower and meal to just pretend to fight for a couple minutes, and the dude KO'd them.....

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
None of this was authentic or about what was right, it was just a gratuitous display of power.
Yep and that’s why they’re going to fight it to the bitter end. These Oberlin fucks are no less ideological than the dangerhair fatties who attend the school. They’re so certain of themselves and what Gibson’s represents that they will spend $22 million in legal fees to get out of paying $11 million. It’s all about denying wrongthinkers their victory.

Arkancide Pact

kiwifarms.net
Which is why they and every other bit of this insane movement need to be completely and totally destroyed. Sued into oblivion, all their dirty deeds uncovered, and voted out of office. We also need a supreme Court ruling to say the first amendment is still a thing on campuses.

Captain Ahab

kiwifarms.net
In my personal experience, a decent share of college professors are smug assholes who would sooner remove a kidney with a plastic spoon than admit they were wrong. It’s really no surprise an entire college is behaving the same way.

Truth be told, other than the cheap drinking, easy access to drugs, and hot girls in their early 20’s, I didn’t care much for college. Everything felt like it was designed to suck the most money out of you, and dealing with the academic staff was a pain in the ass. Most courses were pretty damn boring, too. I had already the knowledge and experience from studying and tinkering on my own since I was a kid. If it weren’t for the shitty piece of paper you need to get hired, I wouldn’t have bothered.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
We also need a supreme Court ruling to say the first amendment is still a thing on campuses.
I think Constitutional rights should in general be protected on the campus of any college that receives government funding, so that includes free speech and doing something about the exceptional Title IX kangaroo courts which can kick you out forever but won't even let you have a lawyer present. It isn't so important with private colleges like Oberlin. If someone wants to subject themselves to fruity liberal college or fundie bible college that's their thing, but a shithole like this or Liberty University shouldn't be subjecting their host towns to their insanity with the insane antics of their leadership.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I think Constitutional rights should in general be protected on the campus of any college that receives government funding, so that includes free speech and doing something about the exceptional Title IX kangaroo courts which can kick you out forever but won't even let you have a lawyer present.
They literally have to be. We are paying taxes to support a public institution that thinks it has the authority to just take away civil rights from citizens because it knows better who deserves rights and who doesn't.

Tour of Italy

Closed on Thanksgiving
kiwifarms.net
They literally have to be. We are paying taxes to support a public institution that thinks it has the authority to just take away civil rights from citizens because it knows better who deserves rights and who doesn't.
Considering how virtually every private college in the country is also propped up by federal loan money, I think this should apply to them as well.

The whole student debt crisis is a joke and America needs to take a hard look at what it’s post-secondary education system has become. Culturally we’ve enshrined academia as an untouchable bastion of truth and reason where in reality it’s just a network of hedge funds draining money from the federal government as efficiently as possible.

The truth is that every Marxist college student radicalizing themselves over four years is doing so at a capitalist institution designed from the ground up to manipulate the middle class into giving them money.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino