Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

TheClappening

Equal Opportunity
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A thought occurs.

Every week this is delayed, Rekieta, the biggest and loudest critic of the defendants in this case continues to gain popularity and subscribers. Especially since Rittenhouse.

If the defendants thought Rekietas audience was a thorn in their side before, I wonder if any new spergs in there now will do something hilarious.
Considering his growing audience no longer consists of just weebs we can expect less cringe and more of the defendants getting BTFO’d by people who aren’t really into anime or it’s fandom.

"Balls or no balls"

TheClappening

Equal Opportunity
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
THE PAIN. IT IS TOO MUCH
1652409054986.png

No Chupp cases. We have what appears to be a TCPA case, though. Reading through the briefs right now

Newstream Hotels and Resorts et al

This case is uninteresting except for the fact it has a 50 MB brief. What the fuck
William Paul Burch v. Nationstar Mortgage Holdings, Inc.
1652409343385.png

TheClappening

Equal Opportunity
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Newstream appeal looks like a gay business dispute. The appellant (Newstream) tried to apply TCPA to the case, which was denied. Seeing as the 2DCOA affirmed the ruling, it looks like the appellate court agreed with the trial court.

私は誰?
kiwifarms.net
This case is uninteresting except for the fact it has a 50 MB brief. What the fuck
William Paul Burch v. Nationstar Mortgage Holdings, Inc.
View attachment 3275774
What the fuck, indeed! Well, I suppose it could be a tome. Could also be someone is monumentally inept at optimizing their PDFs. I'm no expert on it, but I know there's a lot of scope for things that can affect the file size with no change in the visible result.

Though, now that I look, none of the document's in Vic's case quite reached this size. Looking at all of them, assuming I didn't miss any, the largest is the transcript of the motion for sanctions (Nov. 8, 2019), at nearly 35 MiB. However, it's only 41 pages long and is nothing but text and extremely basic graphics. The reason it's so huge is that it's a scan, rather than the digital text the documents largely consist of.

The SAC and the TCPA motions (though Marchi's not so much), as well as a few other things, were also up in the low tens of MiBs. But let's remember: MoRon's motion is over 500 pages, with full-color scans and photos, so it earns its file size.

This then begs the question: what could possibly be in this brief that pushes it to 50 MB? I have to admit I'm curious. Maybe they typed it up, printed it out, scanned the printout, and submitted that. Or it really is as multimedia as the most vast documents in Vic's case but poorly optimized.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
What the fuck, indeed! Well, I suppose it could be a tome. Could also be someone is monumentally inept at optimizing their PDFs. I'm no expert on it, but I know there's a lot of scope for things that can affect the file size with no change in the visible result.

Though, now that I look, none of the document's in Vic's case quite reached this size. Looking at all of them, assuming I didn't miss any, the largest is the transcript of the motion for sanctions (Nov. 8, 2019), at nearly 35 MiB. However, it's only 41 pages long and is nothing but text and extremely basic graphics. The reason it's so huge is that it's a scan, rather than the digital text the documents largely consist of.

The SAC and the TCPA motions (though Marchi's not so much), as well as a few other things, were also up in the low tens of MiBs. But let's remember: MoRon's motion is over 500 pages, with full-color scans and photos, so it earns its file size.

This then begs the question: what could possibly be in this brief that pushes it to 50 MB? I have to admit I'm curious. Maybe they typed it up, printed it out, scanned the printout, and submitted that. Or it really is as multimedia as the most vast documents in Vic's case but poorly optimized.
228 pages, and it appears that they used a print to PDF that converted all of the text into paths.

Cloud8521

kiwifarms.net
The fact Johnny Depp gets a deformation trial (and he should) yet Vic gets limbo because of him apparently being a public figure is disgusting.

How does lawtwitter expleeen this?

General Gunther

Gallia's Original War Hero
kiwifarms.net
The fact Johnny Depp gets a deformation trial (and he should) yet Vic gets limbo because of him apparently being a public figure is disgusting.

People can deny it all they want but the reality is that Vic was mostly successful and known only to the anime fandom and other geek related communities. He’s not as well-known or famous like Johnny Depp.

So by cutting him off from appearing at the conventions based on the lies that were spread by fatties like Jamie and Monica, they were effectively cutting him off from where he was most successful and made a name for himself.

There’s a legitimate reason why Vic filed this lawsuit in the first place. Always remember that.

Uberpenguin

Flightless Bird Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net

Depp occasionally makes things that are good so public perception is on his side which creates a lot of pressure, unlike for this Magnolia guy, who makes things nobody actually cares about so nobody knows who he is.

Defamation involves harming a person's "good reputation". Can't hurt someone's reputation if they're irrelevant.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
YBZ had it right. He took a deal instead of suffering like this
Vic was not offered any deals. He's the one who offered deals and was rejected. The entire reason he's suing is because the defendants are insane and will not rest until they destroy him completely.

Johnny gets a defamation trial because he sued in a state without a SLAPP law. It's very likely he'd also be in appeal limbo hell like Vic if he went somewhere with one of those.