Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there really no way either party can poke the appeals court? Vic's has to be one of their longest sitting cases at this point right?
Well, they can petition the Texas Supreme Court for a writ of mandamus. But it's kind of a cursed option because you are basically asking the higher court to order the lower court to issue a ruling which pretty much guarantees they rule against you.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
The case was a pyrrhic victory for the defendants, and if it comes back, Rekieta will nuke them from orbit with his coverage.
Even if it comes back and the Funi clique wins, Nick will STILL nuke them from orbit and inform thousands of viewers that dubbed anime is full of sociopathic fat chicks and soy-filled cucks, he'll just add the Texas Court of Appeals made a stupid decision.

Plus Ty did say 3 years ago that he planned to appeal it all the way to the Texas Supreme Court if he lost so there may still be Weeb Wars content yet to come.

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there really no way either party can poke the appeals court? Vic's has to be one of their longest sitting cases at this point right?
Yeah they can if they want to engage in absolutely futile activity with no purpose but pissing off everyone involved.
Jeffrey W. Hellberg, Jr, of Wick Philips did attempt that.
Nothing happened.
Case in point.

[plays West Nile Boy's PowerPoint]
Well, they can petition the Texas Supreme Court for a writ of mandamus.
The super old skool move would be to petition for a writ of procedendo, or if the common law writs have been abolished in Texas, as they have in most places, for a writ in the nature of a writ of procedendo, under the general authority of courts to issue writs of whatever nature necessary to their jurisdiction, like the All Writs Act in federal courts.

This kind of thing essentially allows courts to issue any writ whatsoever, whenever the fuck they feel like it, for whatever reason, but it better be a DAMN good reason.

The fact that you're unsatisfied with the time it is taking for an appeals court to consider every fact in your case, or look through this enormous two foot high shitpile of a record both sides dumped on the court, rather than taking the time to pare it down to size, this is not an extraordinary reason to grant an extraordinary writ.

If it's taking long, you hope the other side gets frustrated enough to do something like that, because if you file for that, they are NOT going to do it, and they're going to be pissed at you.

Also since I didn't explain that, a writ of procedendo is a nearly-never-used even back when those writs were a thing writ that orders a lower court to come to a decision. Like the much more well-known writ of mandamus, it is a prerogative writ, alongside kin like habeas corpus, quo warranto, and the most important in our system, certiorari.

Do you want to spend several suitcases full of cash? Start arguing about prerogative or extraordinary writs or anything where you have to start talking in Latin and shit.

Last edited:
Plus Ty did say 3 years ago that he planned to appeal it all the way to the Texas Supreme Court if he lost so there may still be Weeb Wars content yet to come.

AWESOME! Even MORE late and gay judicial inaction! Can't wait! Big news! Much wow!

It will be cancer that never dies if it attempts to go that far...

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
kiwifarms.net
It will be cancer that never dies if it attempts to go that far...
Some cases do be like that, I'm involved in one from 2017 where aspects of it have gone up to the state CoA and SC on multiple occasions (plus unsupported motions for reconsideration!), although thankfully I'm not representing any of the parties.

Samson Pumpkin Jr.

kiwifarms.net
Some cases do be like that, I'm involved in one from 2017 where aspects of it have gone up to the state CoA and SC on multiple occasions (plus unsupported motions for reconsideration!), although thankfully I'm not representing any of the parties.
It can be incredibly frustrating when cases drag on for years without any resolution. I'm glad you're involved in the case and hope that it will eventually be resolved.

Gar For Archer

ne of my swo
kiwifarms.net
The cowards, they should appeal it all the way up to the USSC just on the infinitesimal chance that Corn Pop himself will personally dickslap Monica Rial with his BBC.

Lone Dogma

*CRONCH*
kiwifarms.net
Submitted: 12/10/2019 (1 year, 9 months, 6 days)
https://search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=02-19-00156-CV&coa=coa02

Submitted: 12/11/2019 (1 year, 7 months, 25 days)
https://search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=02-19-00257-CV&coa=coa02

Submitted: 02/19/2020 (1 year, 4 months, 12 days)
https://search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=02-18-00264-CV&coa=coa02

Submitted: 03/03/2020 (1 year, 4 months, 12 days)
https://search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=02-19-00410-CV&coa=coa02

Vic's case isn't the oldest on the docket. He got cucked by a case submitted two weeks before his. In an interesting bit of trivia, the same attorneys from Wick Phillips are representing parties on both.

Submitted: 09/09/2020 (Still unresolved after 1 year, 9 months, 16 days)
https://search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=02-19-00337-CV&coa=coa02

(This is Vic's case)
Submitted: 09/22/2020 (Still unresolved after 1 year, 9 months, 3 days)
https://search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=02-19-00394-CV&coa=coa02
So using this metric, the case could be decided on within the next few weeks then? I won't hold my breath though.

Divine right to rule

Per asperga ad astra
kiwifarms.net
The cowards, they should appeal it all the way up to the USSC just on the infinitesimal chance that Corn Pop himself will personally dickslap Monica Rial with his BBC.
By the time this is progressing, Supreme Justice Kyle Rittenhouse would rule this landmark case in favor of the already deceased Vic Mignogna, and that the court furthermore finds that wheelchair-bound Ronald Toye is a remote wielding manlet who gets aroused by getting cucked by big black men.

blackbat4

Tard Wrangler
kiwifarms.net
I'm telling ya, it'll drop the Thursday of Anime Matsuri. And people will skree

"There has to be actual damage for defamation!!! Vic is at a HUGE con RIGHT NOW! How can you claim his reputation is damaged while he is AT A CON!? This clearly is NOT defamation, and the appeal was a SHAM"

Just watch.

TheClappening

It's good!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
AND WE GET

A WHOLE LOAD O' NOTHING. SEE YOU NEXT WEEK

1657247445986.png

No Chuppery. No TCPA.

Honka Honka Burning Love

I am the Clownvis..Honk Honk Ba Donk.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The issue is that nobody has told the court of appeals they are Late and Gay, they do not understand that this is something to be avoided, for they are but boomers. Indeed, if a woman's period were as late as the appeal response, she would be menopausal.
This is where my thought of "A service that allows you to shit post in real life for 5 Dollars" rears it's head again.