Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

• We've gotten t.me/kiwifarms set up for downtime announcements since Twitter doesn't allow us to have one.

namelessoracle

kiwifarms.net
He will not drop it before appeals come back in his favor. After that he may settle, but I do not believe he'll be able to settle with all of the parties, because I can't imagine Vic will settle for less than 'an apology' and that is something Monica and Ron are deathly allergic to. Marchi and Funi may be as well.
The companies in question got bought and anime is getting Disney'ed with one company owning everything. I could see word coming down for them to suck it up and this shit is to end if they ever want to work in the industry again.

TheClappening

It's good!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The companies in question got bought and anime is getting Disney'ed with one company owning everything. I could see word coming down for them to suck it up and this shit is to end if they ever want to work in the industry again.
But, at this point in time, it has already ended. Vic lost. Settling with Vic would make no sense for the defendants.

If the appeal comes back in Vic's favor the calculus changes, but until then the ball's in their court.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Good lord.

Mignogna v. Funimation et all: One party is a contractor for another, despite there being literally no evidence indicating that, and literally no party ever made that assertion.

Ramsey's Rods v. Maggrets: One party made defamatory statements, despite no evidence existing that said party ever published anything.

:story:
This is what happens when you elect judges. The pro is that every retard in the community is allowed a say in who gets to administer the law. The con is that any retard in the community can be allowed to administer the law.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
they dont own the rights, they only own the distribution rights for the west, sony only make a fraction of the animes on their services themself.

Garm

kiwifarms.net
This case appeal will follow the Emperor on his Great Crusade.
Also this is like the Bart Simpson and Ash Ketchum's of court cases. Kept in a weird nightmarish stasis forever.

2lolis1cup

Made you imagine it
kiwifarms.net
and with less Trannies and Pedos.
I don't know about that first one. There are about 6,000 to 5,000 people on here at any given time. So when you input the material we talk about and the culture this forum comes from, the total is in question. Let's say ANN has half of their users trying to join the 40%. Lets just assume it is less than a thousand a day use and write for ANN.(and this is being extremely generous)

Screenshot from 2022-08-08 10-41-41.png

Let's also assume 1/8th of kiwis are have taken steps in the wrong direction. that means there are likely 750~ trannies on this forum right now and likely only 500 on ANN.

You now realize there are likely more trannies on this forum than writing for and using ANN.

Least Concern

Kill Count: π
kiwifarms.net
Let's also assume 1/8th of kiwis are have taken steps in the wrong direction. that means there are likely 750~ trannies on this forum right now and likely only 500 on ANN.
I was going to doubt your one-out-of-eight number, but after further consideration… these sorts of people love to eat their own, and one of the greatest sources of information they can use to go after others is the Farms, so there's a decent likelihood that a good number of KF visitors at any time wouldn't normally get caught dead visiting the right-wing death squad site that has killed seventeen trans-BIPOC, but if it means being able to more effectively attack Twitter's literally-Hitler-du-jour…

Honka Honka Burning Love

I am the Clownvis..Honk Honk Ba Donk.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know about that first one. There are about 6,000 to 5,000 people on here at any given time. So when you input the material we talk about and the culture this forum comes from, the total is in question. Let's say ANN has half of their users trying to join the 40%. Lets just assume it is less than a thousand a day use and write for ANN.(and this is being extremely generous)

View attachment 3577134

You now realize there are likely more trannies on this forum than writing for and using ANN.
I am giving you the Tism Rating not because I Hate you, but because I love you for thinking about my joke this much.

General Gunther

Gallia's Original War Hero
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 3577134

>Most users online: 3600.
>June 21st 2007.

Pathetic.

I bet Kiwi Farms has broken that record consistently 10 times over since 2015.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
>Most users online: 3600.
>June 21st 2007.

Pathetic.

I bet Kiwi Farms has broken that record consistently 10 times over since 2015.
If that number includes guests (and from the screenshot I assume that it would) I'd wonder if there have even been 10 days since 2015 that KF didn't break that record.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
If anything of importance to the Vic case were changed, we wouldn't have the exact same people still at the top calling the shots and getting all the parts. The merger would have been a great time to get rid of troublemakers like Marchi and Rial. Instead, what happened is that Funimation used its monopoly hold on dubbing rights to eat Crunchyroll, and then changed its name to Crunchyroll to fool people - shaking off Funimation's bad image for those who didn't like them, and flaring up nostalgia and support from those who weren't following Funimation close enough to know anything.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If anything of importance to the Vic case were changed, we wouldn't have the exact same people still at the top calling the shots and getting all the parts. The merger would have been a great time to get rid of troublemakers like Marchi and Rial. Instead, what happened is that Funimation used its monopoly hold on dubbing rights to eat Crunchyroll, and then changed its name to Crunchyroll to fool people - shaking off Funimation's bad image for those who didn't like them, and flaring up nostalgia and support from those who weren't following Funimation close enough to know anything.
Now, they just gobbled up Right Stuf (to be honest, Right Stuf was pretty much already in FuniRoll's pocket anyways. They just made it official).

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As emotionally unsatisfying as that is as a result, the fact is that this Vic bullshit directly led to the whole Funimation brand being buried at a crossroads at midnight with a mouth full of garlic and a stake through its heart.

So I hope it was worth it for them.

kcbbq

I am here for your soul. And a ham. And pie.
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 3577134

The difference is that here we can use actual pronouns and names instead of delusional ones and if they don't like it they can fuck off, so everyone's better off. Our trannies tend not to be troons and can take a joke and shitposts without getting unhinged or are just completely insane to begin with.

TheClappening

It's good!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
KIWI VIC LAWSUIT FRENS, SEE YOU NEXT WEEK

1660271516155.png

We have at least one TCPA case, though. I'm going through them.

EDIT: I lied. This is a defamation appeal, but not because of the TCPA. It looks like this was a jury verdict and the loser is appealing his loss, like Amber Heard is.

02-20-00177-CV Cynthia Ann Mitsch Bearden v. Jared Leclair

Last edited: