Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hopefully Vic realizes he was scammed once he sees how much he will have to pay for each party. Extreme net loss.
Your posts make me miss Dynastia.
Dynastia still does it better, and I think he got nuked.
He deleted his account in protest after the leaks because either @Null didn't host the leak or because it was taken down.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
I recall hearing that all TCPA awards have to be reviewed by appeals anyway, so even if Chupp is lazy and even if the appeal of the actual lawsuit fails, they're absolutely not getting hundreds of thousands of dollars in fees per lawyer. It's not happening.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dynastia is a troll. I'm not.

I think you guys are gay and wrong.
Sweet, I found the ignore button.
It reeks of see what you can get away with. Even if they lose something on appeal they could still get a ridiculously disproportionate award compared to what they won on just by getting away with some bullshit in this filing.
What's your take on Lemwhiney tweeting "$257,000" (the exact amount of the GFM, I can't remember what it was and I'm too lazy to look it up) on Twitter? Could that tweet be used to show he's trying to bump up his price to get the full funds from the GFM?

GenericReviewerDraco

Wholesome Anna
kiwifarms.net
I'll give the bootleg sackboy avatar guy points for not being law Twitter scum, just an extra obnoxious nihilistic attention whore.

I recall hearing that all TCPA awards have to be reviewed by appeals anyway, so even if Chupp is lazy and even if the appeal of the actual lawsuit fails, they're absolutely not getting hundreds of thousands of dollars in fees per lawyer. It's not happening.
I REALLY hope so, because Chupp and the defendants are some exceptional individuals.

Reactions: Allanon

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
I believe that, as it would be part of the final judgement made by Chupp regarding the TCPA ruling, it would be included in the de novo ruling the appellate court would be making. Which is to say, I think they would be able to re-determine the amount of the attorneys' fees/sanctions awarded, assuming they were to dismiss all claims against any defendants.

GenericReviewerDraco

Wholesome Anna
kiwifarms.net
I mean it's fun having opinions, even if they don't reside in the realm of reality. You really are an exceptional one yknow? Are you secretly one of law spergs' lackey or something? Cause it seems like it's pretty obvious.
He's supposedly a random edgelord who's been on the site for a while. If he was Law Twitter his user score would be in the negatives.

Natty Setter

kiwifarms.net
i don't think it's a misreading at all. Drunken Bird suggests that this is put in intentionally ASSUMING Chupp will barely read anything so it would be pointed out to him that he should just not grant these mediator fees so that chupp and the appeals court just wave it off.

That seems like a pretty fair read of chupp given that we've seen him do basically this. Aka not read shit.
To be fair to chupp vic never had much and the beard's filings weren't exactly easy reads

fat ugly sped

kiwifarms.net
If Vic had $200k of liquid assets, he'd have just filed a lawsuit, no GoFundMe required. So, he doesn't have anywhere near that amount of cash, the TCPA judgement is likely dischargeable in bankruptcy, and Texas's bankruptcy rules are extremely favorable to debtors. So yeah, they aren't getting anywhere near that much money.

Botchy Galoop

Socially Distant
kiwifarms.net
If Vic had $200k of liquid assets, he'd have just filed a lawsuit, no GoFundMe required. So, he doesn't have anywhere near that amount of cash, the TCPA judgement is likely dischargeable in bankruptcy, and Texas's bankruptcy rules are extremely favorable to debtors. So yeah, they aren't getting anywhere near that much money.
My understanding is the IOLTA can only be used to pay BHBH for their attorney fee's. Any awards or sanctions would be coming out of Vic's pocket.

• Agree
Reactions: Crabbo
Tags
None