Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
May I just say I missed my opportunity to see these voice actors in person. The Tarrant County court is RIGHT where my college is, and I was free at the time. :(
why are you upset about missing the chance to get shamed on twitter and accused of stalking and sexual assault by jamie marchi/sexual assault and attempted theft of monica rial's dentures

Immaculate Ape

It was ME... DIO!
kiwifarms.net
In what way?
I doubt his antics are going to sit well with the Judge, we've already seen what Chupp does with lawyers he thinks are running him around.

I think Nick said it best, that the request for sanctions was a hail mary, but is often used to show the Judge that one party is being exceptional, and it gets that thought in their mind.

If this goes to trial, I think we'll see a much different demeanor because of Lemoinaid's grease trail

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
I doubt his antics are going to sit well with the Judge, we've already seen what Chupp does with lawyers he thinks are running him around.

I think Nick said it best, that the request for sanctions was a hail mary, but is often used to show the Judge that one party is being exceptional, and it gets that thought in their mind.

If this goes to trial, I think we'll see a much different demeanor because of Lemoinaid's grease trail
Wonder if they're gonna motion to quash the BHBC, Ty, etc requests for deposition + ask for sanctions again. That'd be funny.

EmuWarsVeteran

Cream Pangolin
kiwifarms.net

Hard agree on the first part. Not the second. IF Lemonfuhrer is still hired after the TCPA goes to shit, he's gonna lose his mind, he's not capable of humility strong enough to accept this failure. If he was, he wouldn't be reeing this hard. He'll do what they always do, double triple and quadruple up with even louder dumpsterfire behavior until he eventually gets fired, disbarred or institutionalized. Whichever happens first.

EmuWarsVeteran

Cream Pangolin
kiwifarms.net
Found this video from John Oliver

Alright I know you love to see us suffer by posting stuff from ISWV and the spednought but having to sit through John fucking Oliver is way too much. Only Late Night host worth a damn is Conan and that's only sometimes I aint watching that shit no matter how cringe it is.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
  • Agree
Reactions: Apteryx Owenii

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Question: Are the defense's motions for sanctions and fees admissable for the appeals court? If there's evidence that Funi paid for other party's legal counsel could that be evidence of conspiracy/
They've been filed on the record as evidence to support the defendants' motions for fees and sanctions, so there's no reason why either party couldn't refer to them in the future if necessary. They're not evidence of conspiracy, though. Conspiracy has to involve an underlying tort. Paying someone's legal bills isn't a tort, and it doesn't prove that Funi and MoRon conspired to defame Vic either.

The simplest and most likely reason why Funi might want to fund MoRon's defense would just be that Funi doesn't want the lawsuit to go into discovery. Discovery would very likely be harmful for Funi regardless of whether any of Vic's claims had merit. There's no conspiracy in Funi not wanting a hostile party's lawyers digging through their internal communications. If any of the defendants remain in, Funi probably gets subpoenaed for evidence, so Funi has a pretty clear reason to want everything dismissed before that happens.

Tags
None