Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

私は誰?
kiwifarms.net
I'll just put this here:
That's great if you're in Ohio. Were we talking about events happening there in particular? Sorry if I missed that.

Garm

kiwifarms.net
Short of them sealing people's phones in electronically shielded bags (my friend had to do this when he saw Louis C.K.) odds are everyone had their phones. Since conventions are usually run by volunteer's I would doubt that they would take this step.

Even then you grab a burner phone, hand it over and record it using your actual phone.

Or hell, you have a specialized recording device hidden on your person.

I see hope for a recording is my point. Whether it gets uploaded is another question.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
What are the odds that if video of this roast does exist, we'll actually see it anytime soon?

Because if it's the kind of mean spirited bullshit I think it is, it's better known as something else.

Defamation per se.

And if they recorded a video of them conspiring to and then literally defaming Vic at a public event, well, that might be an interesting "round 2." Which means we might not see it until paperwork is filed.

... Were any of the idiots from round 1 at the roast?

Kosher Dill

Pumpkin Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And if they recorded a video of them conspiring to and then literally defaming Vic at a public event, well, that might be an interesting "round 2."
I think people are overplaying this. Look how hard it is to prosecute defamation even when the defendants go out in public and leave a paper trail saying "Hey guys, let's all get together and commit the crime of defamation against Vic". Statements made at a pseudo-private, pseudo-humorous event are going to be far more difficult.

If anything, I think this would be more useful for demonstrating damages in the original Vic case once it gets back to trial. He can point to this and say "Look, because of the defamation these guys started, everyone hates me now."

私は誰?
kiwifarms.net
I think people are overplaying this. Look how hard it is to prosecute defamation even when the defendants go out in public and leave a paper trail saying "Hey guys, let's all get together and commit the crime of defamation against Vic". Statements made at a pseudo-private, pseudo-humorous event are going to be far more difficult.
We'll see how things are once his case goes through appeals.

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
So I feel like I missed something. There was some kind of con roast of Vic?
The other night at Ohayocon, Amanda Winn Lee was a guest at the roast panel, along with a few VA’s and she and a few of her friends showed just how stunning and brave they were by ridiculing Vic at a panel despite him not being there (and Vic wasn’t even supposed to be the original target of roast). It was so badly received that 2/3 of the fans left the room. To add insult to injury, she did this in front of Aaron Dismuke, who was also a guest there not to mention has worked with Vic on the original FMA, and somebody actually made a father-son joke about Vic and Aaron. Dismuke, bless him, didn’t reply or say anything.

The best part? None of us knew this was true; we all thought it was a rumor. That was until somebody who was there confirmed it. That somebody? Amanda Winn Lee, proving that she’s not just a piece of shit, but a moron as well.

Sheryl Nome

Listen to my song
kiwifarms.net
The other night at Ohayocon, Amanda Winn Lee was a guest at the roast panel, along with a few VA’s and she and a few of her friends showed just how stunning and brave they were by ridiculing Vic at a panel despite him not being there (and Vic wasn’t even supposed to be the original target of roast). It was so badly received that 2/3 of the fans left the room. To add insult to injury, she did this in front of Aaron Dismuke, who was also a guest there not to mention has worked with Vic on the original FMA, and somebody actually made a father-son joke about Vic and Aaron. Dismuke, bless him, didn’t reply or say anything.

The best part? None of us knew this was true; we all thought it was a rumor. That was until somebody who was there confirmed it. That somebody? Amanda Winn Lee, proving that she’s not just a piece of shit, but a moron as well.
Ok, but does anyone actually have evidence of this 'Roast' panel?

AStupidMonkey

srsly, wtf is dis shit?
kiwifarms.net
It was apparently a scheduled event, some sped tried to make a hashtag for it (#OhayoconRoast I think) to get asses back in seats after the walk-out, and a bunch of Twitter fallout talking about it. We're fairly certain it happened, we just don't know how bad it was (outside of one account of 2/3s of the room leaving after the first couple Vic jokes).

If it did happen (most likely), there's your defamation. If it didn't happen (less likely), there's your civil conspiracy. If it's some sort of gay-op, they went through a whole lot of trouble to avoid a pile of dogshit and step right into some fresh cow dookie instead.

A video would be nice and golden, though. My theory is: 18+ panel, these bitches were probably loaded. Ever see a drunk bitch try and do comedy? And, if so, how many of you stayed and watched the whole thing? About 1/3 maybe would be my guess.

Least Concern

Pretend I have a spooky avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
What AStupidMonkey said, plus:

You can just smell the skunk weed from this picture.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
A video would be nice and golden, though. My theory is: 18+ panel, these bitches were probably loaded. Ever see a drunk bitch try and do comedy? And, if so, how many of you stayed and watched the whole thing? About 1/3 maybe would be my guess.

They probably mostly weren't even offended that it was about Vic, just didn't want to waste their time watching painfully cringy unfunny wasted sluts thinking they were funny.

Sheryl Nome

Listen to my song
kiwifarms.net
Alright you fuckers are useless, I'll do the research myself and get to the truth.

So, first up, the only fucker I can find using #ohayoconroast is This Nobody , I will note to you that he says nothing about Vic in any of the tweets
Importantly, searching it found me this tweet

1578878330966.png

So Ohayocon clearly has a set of yearly 'roasts' that function as a charity event. Alright, nothing too out of the ordinary yet.

1578878367990.png

Very few people are using the hashtag #Ohayocon with the word 'roast' at all, one of the only ones I've found is Erimin.

Very cursory research has revealed to me that this was almost certainly not a 'roast' of Vic. Why? Well I'll just present tweets.
1578878712867.png
1578878751376.png

This was not supposed to be a roast of Vic by this statement alone, made before the roast, it was basically supposed to roast 'past' roastees a bit more, these tweets both support that reading. So at this point, to me, suggesting that Ohayocon created a roast of Vic without Vic being there? Simply untrue, that was clearly not the con's intention.

So where is all this so called 'information' coming from?

One fucking twitter weeb sperging. Archive (Apparently previously known as Biozero216, this is only notable because at some point someone tried to make a thread on him, found here) For all we know this dude is a lying faggot. I'm gonna say he's not a lying faggot, but he is likely an exaggerating faggot.

Why? AWL.
1578878968040.png
1578878976141.png

I don't know why the people trying to tell me the roast happened didn't just fucking post these tweets.
Looks to me like AWL got drunk as fuck and popped off on stage, I can't find literally anything from anyone else suggesting that they were shitting on Vic. Even if they were, its pretty clear that the panel was not designed to be a roast of Vic, it was supposed to be all the attendees at the panel roasting each other from what I can tell, which is a lazy and stupid format.

I'm guessing if people did walk out of the panel, of which we only have evidence from one twitter weeb (Really shocked there is no other attendee that can support his statements), we'd be hearing about it from them. Every retard in the world has a twitter, faggots who would go to a VA panel and walk out because they said mean shit about Vic would definitely post about it.

Attachments

• 1578878784017.png
    1578878784017.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I don't know why the people trying to tell me the roast happened didn't just fucking post these tweets.
Looks to me like AWL got drunk as fuck and popped off on stage, I can't find literally anything from anyone else suggesting that they were shitting on Vic.

Then I'd say only AWL and whoever else vomited up their loathing of Vic would have any liability for that. Unless there's some back scenes cooperation.

Sheryl Nome

Listen to my song
kiwifarms.net
Then I'd say only AWL and whoever else vomited up their loathing of Vic would have any liability for that. Unless there's some back scenes cooperation.
Yeah so its what I initially thought, con owners are dumb but nobody is dumb enough to actually set up a defamation panel. Except maybe Shane. I'm doubting there was any cooperation for this.

AStupidMonkey

srsly, wtf is dis shit?
kiwifarms.net
Alright you fuckers are useless, I'll do the research myself and get to the truth.

So, first up, the only fucker I can find using #ohayoconroast is This Nobody , I will note to you that he says nothing about Vic in any of the tweets
Importantly, searching it found me this tweet

View attachment 1095980

So Ohayocon clearly has a set of yearly 'roasts' that function as a charity event. Alright, nothing too out of the ordinary yet.

View attachment 1095981

Very few people are using the hashtag #Ohayocon with the word 'roast' at all, one of the only ones I've found is Erimin.

Very cursory research has revealed to me that this was almost certainly not a 'roast' of Vic. Why? Well I'll just present tweets.
View attachment 1095995View attachment 1095996
This was not supposed to be a roast of Vic by this statement alone, made before the roast, it was basically supposed to roast 'past' roastees a bit more, these tweets both support that reading. So at this point, to me, suggesting that Ohayocon created a roast of Vic without Vic being there? Simply untrue, that was clearly not the con's intention.

So where is all this so called 'information' coming from?

One fucking twitter weeb sperging. Archive (Apparently previously known as Biozero216, this is only notable because at some point someone tried to make a thread on him, found here) For all we know this dude is a lying faggot. I'm gonna say he's not a lying faggot, but he is likely an exaggerating faggot.

Why? AWL.
View attachment 1096003View attachment 1096004

Looks to me like AWL got drunk as fuck and popped off on stage, I can't find literally anything from anyone else suggesting that they were shitting on Vic. Even if they were, its pretty clear that the panel was not designed to be a roast of Vic, it was supposed to be all the attendees at the panel roasting each other from what I can tell, which is a lazy and stupid format.

I'm guessing if people did walk out of the panel, of which we only have evidence from one twitter weeb (Really shocked there is no other attendee that can support his statements), we'd be hearing about it from them. Every exceptional individual in the world has a twitter, faggots who would go to a VA panel and walk out because they said mean shit about Vic would definitely post about it.
Yeah, I mean, that's pretty much the impression I got, and the rest I just assumed. Nobody was saying it was set up as a "roast vic panel."

And there's nothing inherently wrong with roasting people. But clearly AWL turned it into something else than that.

The people walking out in disgust I'll take on faith, because AWL is, in fact, disgusting.

Tags
None