Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
If this is the case you'd think Marchi, Rial, and Sabat are already fucked by the system. I wish they were. Or that shitposting "Chris Sabat is a Nazi pedo white slaver cannibal who eats babies" everywhere would actually be enough to destroy his career.
It works a little differently from that. These systems measure influence, impressions and traffic don't mean much.

Statements like the one above would not be effective in tying him to the subject. There would need to be a batch of 30 - 40 "reasonable sounding" cannibalism articles quoting Chris Sabat as a source. They would need to be released over a few months, linked to multiple times from different people on social media sites, and shared periodically on other platforms using URLs that include the link from Facebook. It goes nuclear when people start calling into radio shows in England and Venezuela complaining about cannibalism form this monster Chris Sabat who works for Funimation. Bonus points if the person speaks clearly so that TV Eyes can pick it up.

MeltWater has a Content Marketing guide explaining the basics. Veritone works basically the same way, but they put greater emphasis on the length of conversation, the number of people involved, the frequency of posts including the keywords, that sort of stuff. The normal rules of SEO apply, don't post the identical article to 100 places, spin it and post similar ones. They don't need to be grammatically accurate, they need to have the name and be shared.

I don't suggest a group of people get together to do this, in a roundabout way it's the equivalent of what they did to Vic and it's wrong. But it does get into this interesting area of how you can influence the reputation of a celebrity. These systems assume there would be some kind of push-back if the celebrity was actually popular, the numbers are very cruel to those with no one to fight for them. Influence can be measured even in private groups on Facebook, anything that gets shared is available to their APIs. You could run whisper campaigns where the target has no clue what's happening.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There needs to be a response document, a Shrieking Chorus, just listing the names and crimes of all the SJWs who went after Vic. That list needs to be circulated far and wide so people know not to buy anime they are involved in. I know most people would ignore it, but Funimation could not, if it's distributed the right way.

Fun stuff to think about. How's Vic doing these days?
1) The Doxemon List is pretty much what you are looking for (there are some ISWV spergs in the mix too, though)
2) Vic is going to be at The Neutral Zone Studios (where he filmed Star Trek Continues) for January Fan Day today.

Garm

kiwifarms.net
It works a little differently from that. These systems measure influence, impressions and traffic don't mean much.

Statements like the one above would not be effective in tying him to the subject. There would need to be a batch of 30 - 40 "reasonable sounding" cannibalism articles quoting Chris Sabat as a source. They would need to be released over a few months, linked to multiple times from different people on social media sites, and shared periodically on other platforms using URLs that include the link from Facebook. It goes nuclear when people start calling into radio shows in England and Venezuela complaining about cannibalism form this monster Chris Sabat who works for Funimation. Bonus points if the person speaks clearly so that TV Eyes can pick it up.

MeltWater has a Content Marketing guide explaining the basics. Veritone works basically the same way, but they put greater emphasis on the length of conversation, the number of people involved, the frequency of posts including the keywords, that sort of stuff. The normal rules of SEO apply, don't post the identical article to 100 places, spin it and post similar ones. They don't need to be grammatically accurate, they need to have the name and be shared.

I don't suggest a group of people get together to do this, in a roundabout way it's the equivalent of what they did to Vic and it's wrong. But it does get into this interesting area of how you can influence the reputation of a celebrity. These systems assume there would be some kind of push-back if the celebrity was actually popular, the numbers are very cruel to those with no one to fight for them. Influence can be measured even in private groups on Facebook, anything that gets shared is available to their APIs. You could run whisper campaigns where the target has no clue what's happening.
I think the problem is that the people on Vic's side are reasonable and have other stuff to do. Coordinating a response like ISWV is easy enough but everyone is too spergy to do anything more organized.

It is a good plan but we Kiwi's can't organize it.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
There needs to be a response document, a Shrieking Chorus, just listing the names and crimes of all the SJWs who went after Vic. That list needs to be circulated far and wide so people know not to buy anime they are involved in. I know most people would ignore it, but Funimation could not, if it's distributed the right way.

They use a program called MeltWater to track social media, when their voice actor's names pop up on Facebook / Twitter / forums, they know it and get reports on it. If a list was floating around, and if it was shared specifically in groups on Facebook then reshared on other forums using the link from Facebook, klaxons would start going off. They might actually be forced to find new talent.

Because Sony uses a different system called Veritone. It works mostly the same way, the difference is you can juke scores by keeping the conversation going over a sustained period, the longer the better. The reports they get from Veritone affect downstream distributor relationships, enough bad press about a certain title and it becomes harder to keep it on Netflix and other VOD platforms. I have some firsthand experience with this system, one of the features is the creation of something akin to actuarial tables that project the viewership of a title over time. At the very least, a continuous shitposting campaign across multiple platforms drives down negotiated margins on any titles where the entertainer's name appears (meaning the producer gets less money for the title.)

I have a couple virtual assistants in India, part of their job (unrelated to our work together) is just posting happy things about celebrities in the right places. They said what really screws with someone's reputation is when people call into radio shows to talk trash. There's another system called TV Eyes, it tracks broadcast shows word for word. They've explained the downstream affect to me a couple times, I barely understand the mechanics except it's bad, very bad for names to show up in their reports. Along with the transcript, they provide some metrics around the sentiment of the conversation. If someone's name is popping up on the radio in multiple languages, on different continents, and it's negative, that's like cancer to VOD distributors. They won't even talk to you.

It's been explained to me that Veritone and TV Eyes provide data that affects personalized recommendations in Netflix, Hulu and other platforms. Not suggesting anyone should do this, but a motivated group of individuals could actually end careers this way. The other thing that's been explained to me is when an entertainer's name appears frequently in conjunction with other very, very bad topics, like pedophelia, white slavery, anti-semetism, cannibalism, etc, these systems start to pick up on that as well. The bigger the platform, the greater the impact.

Fun stuff to think about. How's Vic doing these days?
A Shrieking Chorus, you say?

Work in Progress, 10,000 years in mspaint, yadda yadda. Does this deserve it's own thread? Feel free to hit me up with DMs for things to include/change. I'll figure out a better way to do it later.

Pretty sure it'll get nuked for PII if they have a big enough sad about it -- for example, they could pretend that Renfamous or MarzGurl's names aren't public knowledge. We'll see how it goes. I created a fresh Google account for this.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Work in Progress, 10,000 years in mspaint, yadda yadda. Does this deserve it's own thread? Feel free to hit me up with DMs for things to include/change. I'll figure out a better way to do it later.

Pretty sure it'll get nuked for PII if they have a big enough sad about it -- for example, they could pretend that Renfamous or MarzGurl's names aren't public knowledge. We'll see how it goes. I created a fresh Google account for this.
You could go through the Doxemon List to fill in the rest.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
You could go through the Doxemon List to fill in the rest.
I plan to this evening when time permits. I have to avoid using any PII as that's one of the few things that, in theory, they can nail me for on Google Docs.

As a reminder, I am not associated with Vic, Nick, or any Anime Localization company (that you know of). I am an independent agent creating that list for my own use and because it's amusing.

Ivan Shatov

kiwifarms.net
I think the problem is that the people on Vic's side are reasonable and have other stuff to do. Coordinating a response like ISWV is easy enough but everyone is too spergy to do anything more organized.

It is a good plan but we Kiwi's can't organize it.
Wise words Garm.

Yeah, this is not the kind of thing normal people would do. It takes time and discipline, someone would have to put together a plan and organize hundreds of people to dedicate a minute amount of effort repetitively over an extended period of time for something that seems so petty. Beyond the work of convincing people to do it, there's an attention span factor. It's harder for someone to dedicate 10 minutes of time once a week for a long term payoff then give up a couple days worth of time over a month writing extended polemics to receive instant gratification.

That's why these systems exist. Influence is a trending metric, not a point in time, and it measures reach and connections. And Kiwi Farms is not a place to organize ops, we come here to watch them play out. It's much better to sit back and watch the cows sperg.

I'm just happy knowing a means of redress exists, even if there's no one prepared to use it. Maybe someday a more patient, insistent group will come along to take this up, knowing that PR firms in the US pay people to do this right now. They'll be the ones who realize Funimation's growth plan depends on distribution and weighing down competitive metrics with the misdeeds of rogue voice actors reveals them as the negative assets they are. In a way where their dumbfuck allies can't use their influence to bail them out.

A plan like this would be a dragnet for any one of those lying shits that take their side, all it takes is a single line on a spreadsheet. With that line, you damn them.

Uh... Garm just said we're not capable of that. And we're not supposed to be organizing ops on the Farms.

And those fat losers Renfamous and Marzgurl don't belong on that list. Paid voice talent only, names that appear in the credits. The bar should be having an IMDB page.

EmuWarsVeteran

I feel the salt overtaking me...it is a good pain.
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to point out that we should be asking the kiwilaws if this list could be used against the farms, you know, because of the express admission that it is to be used to affect people's job possibilities. On the other hand, however, if it isn't then the plan is solid, we really should get into perfecting the fuck out of it. But you know, that takes a whole lot of manpower, so you really need a couple speds at least to get cracking.

As for my prior goof. You're right. Searching I only found people claming Travis was on the list but no actual proof of it. I guess someone messed his name with that photo guy called Travis that is there and the ball just started rolling. So I'm sorry for that misinformation.

Reactions: Ivan Shatov

Ivan Shatov

kiwifarms.net
Hey Kiwis - somebody dropped me a friendly note saying requests for coverage of Rial and Marchi came in today. Their messages referenced posts from this thread.

Proud of you, taking on that kind of initiative. Marchi gets a lot of free press, let's see her chew on this.

A few pointers: write the article yourself. Either draft the article or write an outline. Reporters can match tone and style of reference articles you provide, but Wikipedia articles don't give them much to work with. Fantasmagoria lyrics are a little over the top, no one publishes stories in lyric form. Get your charts made on Fiverr before you send, reporters know words and Photoshop hurts their brains. If you are going to submit photos of someone's teeth as evidence, try and keep them around the same size / resolution. Timelines should include month and year at a minimum to avoid confusion. If you are going to submit criminal records, make clear reference to the date, state and nature of the offense, and include a link when possible.

Post articles when they are published.

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
I think where @Kendrick is coming from is that this story has no reach. Anime news sites? A Dallas newspaper? Some no name lawyer on youtube? This does not affect metoo in the court of public opinion. It should give harlots and their Avenatti tier lawyers some pause before lobbing accusations, but none of them strike me as the type of people who engage in long term planning or researching their life choices.

It seems to me that metoo has had some steam taken out of it already which is good because I thought it was going to take a stack of bodies of the accused and accusers alike to stop this train. I'm glad to be wrong in this instance. It will still effect niche communities like people who watch cartoons and play vidya, but it seems like a lot of momentum is gone for now at least.

Chupp dismissed under TCPA and awarded fees and sanctions. It is being appealed.
I wonder if it was the failure post-Pussygate dogpile on Trump & Kavanaugh that broke the momentum, the Gloria Allreds of the world realized that it was no longer a silver bullet and adjusted tactics.

So the real reason game journos all copied each other in the lead-up to GG is not because they're an incestuous clique with a hivemind but because they were attempting search engine optimization? Or, alternatively, search engines are designed to favour incestuous hive-minded cliques because Silicon Valley is self-aware?

Last edited:

7proxy

kiwifarms.net

I'm gonna be real with you: as it is right now, this document is about as stupid as anything KV produced. Remove most of the sensationalism, keep it straight and provide the receipts. Reality is damning enough as it is.

It could read something like this:
  • Ron Toye
    • Promised sponsorship money to Kamehacon if Vic was removed. Alleged to Kamehacon that Vic was about to be indicted on sexual charges. [link to receipts]
    • Battered his second ex-wife, who had to file or restraining order. Threatened to kill her as well as her dog and the judge in charge of their divorce. [link to receipts]
    • Alleged hundreds of victims from Vic. Later admitted he based the number off anonymous stories from the "Pretty Ugly Little Liar" forum that he did not try to verify. [link to depo]
  • Monica Rial
    • Original story was X. Confronted with inconsistencies Y and Z, changed her story. Later disproven by <the guy in the hotel room>. [link to receipts]
  • Manjawlo (whatever her real name is)
    • Story X, later proven to be false/impossible. [link to receipts]
    • Admitted to having CP on her computer. Did not alert the authorities. [link to receipts]
    • Tongue-kissed a minor without prior consent during convention X. [link to receipts]

IMO this should be kept separate from KF. Like GamerGate, that kind of stories attract the kind of people who will shit up the place until it looks like KIA.

EmuWarsVeteran

I feel the salt overtaking me...it is a good pain.
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if it was the failure post-Pussygate dogpile on Trump & Kavanaugh that broke the momentum, the Gloria Allreds of the world realized that it was no longer a silver bullet and adjusted tactics.

So the real reason game journos all copied each other in the lead-up to GG is not because they're an incestuous clique with a hivemind but because they were attempting search engine optimization? Or, alternatively, search engines are designed to favour incestuous hive-minded cliques because Silicon Valley is self-aware?
Both. They are an incestuous clique AND they coordinated attacks to attempt search engine optimization. And Google is another, closely related incestuous clique which has shown in the past their willingness to bend the engine to give their ilk a leg up. Your only obstacle to reaching this conclusion was your vain optimism in thinking at least 1 of those factors wouldn't be corrupt. It's all rotten to the core. Abandon all hope. This is the darkest timeline.

• Agree
Reactions: AStupidMonkey

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
Both. They are an incestuous clique AND they coordinated attacks to attempt search engine optimization. And Google is another, closely related incestuous clique which has shown in the past their willingness to bend the engine to give their ilk a leg up. Your only obstacle to reaching this conclusion was your vain optimism in thinking at least 1 of those factors wouldn't be corrupt. It's all rotten to the core. Abandon all hope. This is the darkest timeline.
So how did every hive-minded incestuous clique with any influence come to the same ideology? As if there's a greater hive mind of hive minds, is their equation of ideology with personality type projecting the truth about themselves, with it all being the ideological manifestation of BPD?

Garm

kiwifarms.net
So how did every hive-minded incestuous clique with any influence come to the same ideology? As if there's a greater hive mind of hive minds, is their equation of ideology with personality type projecting the truth about themselves, with it all being the ideological manifestation of BPD?
The tools for power are universal. It is only natural that all cliques start to look the same. Nietzsche believed in the "Eternal Recurrence." That life will take on similar patterns no matter how many times it goes through the cycle.

Acquiring power is just one of those cycles.

Reactions: EmuWarsVeteran

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
So I'm digging through documents for that silly Spreadsheet.

Wasn't there a response due by the defense by Friday? Did anything get filed?

Or, as we optimists like to say, it's a "target rich environment."

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Dumb Bitch Smoothie

Garm

kiwifarms.net
So I'm digging through documents for that silly Spreadsheet.

Wasn't there a response due by the defense by Friday? Did anything get filed?

Or, as we optimists like to say, it's a "target rich environment."
Is it the same thing Nick was talking about? I believe it was filed on the 6th.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
Nick was talking about it on Twitch this weekend sometime. There was a document due on Friday from the defense. Something about their cross appeal?

Tags
None