Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Notspecialdude

kiwifarms.net
So how did every hive-minded incestuous clique with any influence come to the same ideology? As if there's a greater hive mind of hive minds, is their equation of ideology with personality type projecting the truth about themselves, with it all being the ideological manifestation of BPD?
San Francisco, California.

Due to being the home of Hollywood, nearly every tech giant and media relevant empire has a main office there. Its a city with a high population, but a gated community. Housing is blistering expensive so anyone who lives there is well off, and none of them are experienced with real world economics. That much is obvious by looking at the current state of the state.

Its a community where success is derived from appearing successful. Whether that be living in a fancy mansion you cant afford or, more relevantly, appearing woke by advocating for diversity and shit like that. But fighting for REAL change is costly and risky, so they wage their little woke battles on irrelevant shit like tv and games. Because when California is litterally shitting itself to death because of a homeless crisis, the best things its far reaching celebrities should discuss is the cultural importance of a shitty 1 hour film appealing to feminism.

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
So the real reason game journos all copied each other in the lead-up to GG is not because they're an incestuous clique with a hivemind but because they were attempting search engine optimization? Or, alternatively, search engines are designed to favour incestuous hive-minded cliques because Silicon Valley is self-aware?
My take on journalism 2020: reporters are cheap. Many will publish your article if you write it for them. Others want money / perks, but what else is new.

We've come a long way since GG. The ideological zealots are still there but they are being slowly supplanted by freelancers who do not care about your politics (mostly because the freelancers are cheaper and far, far more productive.) Maybe they have to put a certain spin on the content, but they publish articles on high-traffic sites with no meaningful oversight. Editors have incentives to let things work this way, when their job depends on traffic / ad impressions, anything that boosts these metrics is welcome.

While SEO was important to GG, it's not as important as influence is today. The systems organizations use to measure public opinion are not driven by vanity metrics. They measure engagement over time and the level of interaction across a range of platforms.

Think of it this way: SEO is what gets you found, public affairs is what gets people to stick around. The channels for gamer news is mature, introducing new brands is just throwing money out the window. Getting people talking about a game is an indicator of brand loyalty and authenticity relative to the participants in the conversation.

What is surprising is how much systems like Verifone, MeltWater, etc actually have. A buddy of mine does product licensing for Warner Brothers, he's one of the ones who gets stupid stuff made, like Aquaman logos on sippy cups. He gets real time alerts on data from these systems, it tells him when to call someone up or put a deal on hold. He works with a brand manager who does media relations, they send talking points to thousands of journalists at a time as part of a time and action plan. He calls this carpet bombing, they put articles are out there, everywhere, for people to discuss and track which ones actually perform. The most important ones are not in the places you would expect. Like many other companies, they pay a bunch of overseas assistants to carry out long conversations and can tell them how long they need the conversations to go. They create groups on Facebook to draw people in and basically perform a joint customer service / hypeman role.

Most notably, his Project Plans are now called Time and Action Plans. Really detailed Gannt Charts that go out a year or more, telling you when things are happening. They're automated, plans can change daily based on data coming into their systems.

SEO could never do that. Influence can.

diskboomer

kiwifarms.net
That had best hit it out of the park because the entire fate of the case depends on it.
As far as I'm aware they literally need to point to the evidence in places as well, as the COA won't bother sifting through thousands of pages of filings. Likely why Lemontwink purposly filed as much friviously shit as possible to bloat it all, along with the bills.

Martinez & Hsu better be on the ball.

Vic has a great case, and they just need to highlight the facts.

Garm

kiwifarms.net
As far as I'm aware they literally need to point to the evidence in places as well, as the COA won't bother sifting through thousands of pages of filings. Likely why Lemontwink purposly filed as much friviously shit as possible to bloat it all, along with the bills.

Should they focus on what is in the record or try to get a ruling about the stuff Chupp just left hanging?

Reactions: EmuWarsVeteran

diskboomer

kiwifarms.net
Should they focus on what is in the record or try to get a ruling about the stuff Chupp just left hanging?
Both! They need to get the stuff like the second amended petition, and sworn declarations in. If those are in, it's a slam dunk.

Although the defendants also included an awful lot of that information; and remember Chupp never actually struck those. So they certainly have a case to make. Remember, lemontwink is so worried about those, he actually wrote love letters to Chupp to try and get him to actually strike them; since he never did at the TCPA hearing, or after.

Garm

kiwifarms.net
Both! They need to get the stuff like the second amended petition, and sworn declarations in. If those are in, it's a slam dunk.

Although the defendants also included an awful lot of that information; and remember Chupp never actually struck those. So they certainly have a case to make. Remember, lemontwink is so worried about those, he actually wrote love letters to Chupp to try and get him to actually strike them; since he never did at the TCPA hearing, or after.
It seems to me that the court would logically want to start from the beginning. "Oh, Chupp went off the rails here..." That kind of moment. Like you said, the second amended petition gets in and everything should be good.

I was wondering how the court would look into this. Would they review parts themselves and ask questions or do they need the lawyers to point them in a direction?

Reactions: EmuWarsVeteran

diskboomer

kiwifarms.net
It seems to me that the court would logically want to start from the beginning. "Oh, Chupp went off the rails here..." That kind of moment. Like you said, the second amended petition gets in and everything should be good.

I was wondering how the court would look into this. Would they review parts themselves and ask questions or do they need the lawyers to point them in a direction?
From what I've seen from Nick looking at other appeals cases, the court won't go digging much; you need to point them where to go.

It's like @AnOminous said, they better get it done right. They get one shot at that brief, and there's a damn word limit as well.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Both, preferably making a sufficient argument based on what is unquestionably in the record, arguing for the admission of anything questionable, and also arguing based on what the record is after admitting anything questionable.

OneHandClapping

how could you
kiwifarms.net
Both, preferably making a sufficient argument based on what is unquestionably in the record, arguing for the admission of anything questionable, and also arguing based on what the record is after admitting anything questionable.
I know there's a word limit to the appeal. Is the limit one sized fits all, or does an appeal with multiple defendants and multiple causes of action (like this case) get a larger limit?

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I know there's a word limit to the appeal. Is the limit one sized fits all, or does an appeal with multiple defendants and multiple causes of action (like this case) get a larger limit?
Page limits are generally hard. The court can do whatever it likes though. If you exceed page limits and the court feels there is a justification for it, they can allow exceeding them. Or dismiss the appeal. I think if the plaintiffs were intending to exceed page limits they'd already have moved for it.

AnIncredibleDerp

kiwifarms.net

Ty had a binder that did exactly that.

Somehow, I doubt the CoA is going to refuse to read it because they have the defense's.

What you have to understand is, they're not redoing the entire thing from scratch. They're simply going to point at existing evidence in the record.

Cuckoman

kiwifarms.net
Do we know if the COA will actually look into this or just kick it back?

I mean, unless they are genuinely interested in correcting errors by the lower courts, do they even care in extremely exceptional cases like this? Do we have any data on how they acted in similar cases?

I could well imagine that they would think, "I dont care about this vic exceptional individual, I care even less about all the other exceptional individuals.
Only thing I care about is I don't want to get involved in this retardness". and just kick it back because they just don't want to get dog poop on their hands?

I just know that if I were on the COA I would dismiss everything. I am not getting involved in this mongoloid shit. Appeal above me, I dont care as long as I dont have to touch this turd.

Gehenna

With every step, my Autism grows.
kiwifarms.net
Do we know if the COA will actually look into this or just kick it back?

I mean, unless they are genuinely interested in correcting errors by the lower courts, do they even care in extremely exceptional cases like this? Do we have any data on how they acted in similar cases?

I could well imagine that they would think, "I dont care about this vic exceptional individual, I care even less about all the other exceptional individuals.
Only thing I care about is I don't want to get involved in this retardness". and just kick it back because they just don't want to get dog poop on their hands?

I just know that if I were on the COA I would dismiss everything. I am not getting involved in this mongoloid shit. Appeal above me, I dont care as long as I dont have to touch this turd.
And this is why you are not a judge.

Tags
None