Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, about that....
given the evidence available right now, what are the odds of Funimation being held liable for Toye's actions?
I mean, the fact that he used his knowledge (he shouldn't have) of the investigation to interfere with contracts (Kamehacon) looks pretty bad,
but what does it mean in regards to Toye being considered an "apparent agent"?
I don't know, but their absolute failure, even at this late date, to extricate themselves from his actions when they could have done it at any time by simply denying it, really doesn't look good for them.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

he put a baby in my butt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Related scenario:

If there was a scenario where employee A says to management, "Fire employee B or I quit", and the company fires employee B, would employee B have any legal recourse?

Slab Bulkhead

kiwifarms.net
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TiR94SayT4kVBkLeZ84s3ZPl3APHyCeS/view?usp=drivesdk Well, Shane is useful for something at least. Apparently unsigned, but the motion was granted to nail the papers to Jamies' front door.
Yep, I think Nick also covered this on one of his streams as this is the motion of substitution of service. Basically when the person serving the papers attempts a number of times to serve you, and fails, he'll go ahead and draft the document to leave for a judge to sign, to save the judge the trouble of having to draft everything out himself. All the Judge has to do is just stamp his name and it's good to go.

some_crazy

Mad at the internet
kiwifarms.net
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TiR94SayT4kVBkLeZ84s3ZPl3APHyCeS/view?usp=drivesdk Well, Shane is useful for something at least. Apparently unsigned, but the motion was granted to nail the papers to Jamies' front door.
That was posted on page 51 of this thread, a week ago. Shane is just repeating old info - and as @Slab Bulkhead just said Nick explained it a week ago - the motion hasn't (or at least hadn't at that time) been granted; BHBH drafted it and submitted it to the court so the judge just has to sign, hopefully the judge will sign it shortly.

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
Why wait thou? They could throw the current batch of incompetent idiots at Funimation under the bus and bring in new, competent management to settle with Vic and leave the VA's to twist in the wind.
Given the current state of Sony there's at least a 50/50 chance the replacements would be just as or even be more incompetent than the current batch the second head office isn't looking their way.

Army Burger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I check PULL once in awhile to laugh at them but this morning.......(I haven't watched Nick's stream from last night yet, so if this is known already, I apologize for being tardy & flamboyant.)
View attachment 766583
I get a 522 error when I try to view the site, but I'd imagine they'd be back up sometime soon, I mean where else would they post their hot takes about this case?

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Certainly suspicious.

Wouldn't the admins get a preservation of evidence letter?
If they burned it to the ground prior, they figure they can dodge consequences, assuming that's what happened.

Going off that premise, someone must have had a neuron spark and realized they could have a lot of things exposed to air they didn't want exposed.

And, if we still assume that's true, I wonder if they merely took the site offline or wiped the server clean. If the latter, that would be a very bad idea for them.

Evil Bunny

bunny.... evil bunny
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
prettyuglylittleliar.net is still registered:

bash-4.1$ whois prettyuglylittleliar.net
[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
[whois.verisign-grs.com]
Domain Name: PRETTYUGLYLITTLELIAR.NET
Registry Domain ID: 1948793213_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.name.com
Registrar URL: http://www.name.com
Updated Date: 2018-07-01T16:44:55Z
Creation Date: 2015-07-24T02:05:50Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-07-24T02:05:50Z
Registrar: Name.com, Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 625
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@name.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 7202492374
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Name Server: ARON.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: GRAHAM.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2019-05-21T14:55:49Z <<<

It expires in a couple months

But I get a 522 from cloudflare

It does look like they took it down

jellycar

Now featuring 100% more Natasha Romanoff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Certainly suspicious.

Wouldn't the admins get a preservation of evidence letter?
Only if Casey was bright enough to send one. Which he clearly isn't. Just like He didn't include a physical print of a certified version of the site or pages that he wanted for either Pull or Tumblr.

• Informative
Reactions: TexOffender

ObeseScreamingBlackMan

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This lady trying to avoid being served by hiding under the bed every time the dude shows up is like a microcosm for this whole case.

ie, social media addicts running headlong into reality and then trying to hide from it after using social media to attempt to ruin someone else.

That's the real reason I'm watching this. Because keyboard warriors who have run headlong into reality and are now floundering to try and avoid the consequences is one of the best shows on the internet.

Tags
None