Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At this point is it even worth checking each Thursday? I presume Rackets and Lawltwitter will make a ruckus when it actually hits, so putting in effort yourself is wasted.
While I agree that the documents will be available when they are available, I think it's the anticipation that has been the most agonizing.
We just want to see if this is dead in the water or if the case is resurrected.

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The judge in the court-martial ruled that the comments made by Trump were not influential in his decisions, nor did he believe they were influential in the jury's decision. It did, however, provide a mitigating factor in his sentencing.
Trump was also, unusually for him, entirely aware of the UCI doctrine and made it difficult to prove that aspect.

As a Presidential candidate, he was obviously not in the chain of command and his statements then couldn't be UCI.

When he actually was President, he said this:

"Well, I can't comment on Bowe Bergdahl because he's - as you know, they're - I guess he's doing something today, as we know. And he's also - they're setting up sentencing. So I'm not going to comment on him. But I think people have heard my comments in the past."

This is way too indirect to be actual UCI.

As you noted, though, even without establishing UCI sufficient for the CA to dismiss the case, the judge made his displeasure noted and used it as a mitigating factor.

I was actually thinking of this case when I made my post, as well as the far more questionable case involving Obama, which was actually found to be UCI.

During the trial of two soldiers accused of sexual assault, these comments by Obama were held to be UCI and meant the defendants could not be dishonorably discharged or given a bad conduct discharge and could not be incarcerated:

“The bottom line is: I have no tolerance for this,” Obama said, according to an NBC News story submitted as evidence by defense attorneys in the sexual assault cases.

"I expect consequences. So I don’t just want more speeches or awareness programs or training, but ultimately folks look the other way. If we find out somebody’s engaging in this, they’ve got to be held accountable — prosecuted, stripped of their positions, court martialed, fired, dishonorably discharged. Period."

So the genius president of the Harvard Law Review managed to screw up a case against two rapists with UCI. Trump did not actually commit UCI but even what he did weakened the case against the defendant.

In any event, Biden's and Harris's actions, if perpetrated during a court-martial, if Chauvin had been before a military court, would have killed the prosecution against him deader than George Floyd. It's sad our civilian courts don't have such a strong policy.

BigDuckEnergy

kiwifarms.net
Vic's, Jamie's and Funi's lawyers won since they all got paid. The rest are waiting for that expedited appeal in 2023.
Didn't Jamie's lawyer have a contingency that he would be paid less if it gets through appeals, for the work on tcpa? He was the least pants shitting but that seemed like a bad move that i never pointed out at the time.