Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Ironically, that case was atrociously bad in the opposite direction as it was in Vic's case. It's like this dude is addicted to perpetrating injustice on everyone who appears before him. It's not just laziness, he is some kind of chaotic evil anti-justice judge.
What do you mean, Chupp is always right, LawTwitter told me so. Negative online reviews of services are clearly defamatory. I sure hope @Ron Toye isn't sued for all the times he insinuated that restaurants and businesses don't know his personal fucking fiancee is THE Monica Rial.

OneHandClapping

OneGirlBopping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What do you mean, Chupp is always right, LawTwitter told me so. Negative online reviews of services are clearly defamatory. I sure hope @Ron Toye isn't sued for all the times he insinuated that restaurants and businesses don't know his personal fucking fiancee is THE Monica Rial.
It's also 100% correct that MoRon is only owed $125,000 against their bill of $282,000. Who cares if it was declared a SLAPP with the purpose of financially burdening the defendants? They don't deserve the money because Chupp said so!

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's also 100% correct that MoRon is only owed $125,000 against their bill of $282,000. Who cares if it was declared a SLAPP with the purpose of financially burdening the defendants? They don't deserve the money because Chupp said so!
A slight historical note here. SLAPP is at least supposedly based in the concept of frivolous litigation in general, where a bad state of mind was necessary to prove concepts like malicious prosecution or vexatious litigation. The party found liable for such things had to have an actual subjective state of mind indicating malice, rather than simply advancing a frivolous argument.

Needless to say, this was nearly impossible to prove absent an outright admission by the party. That's why we have the current model, where in many states, "don't file dumb shit" is the rule.

With SLAPP suits (and Rule 11 in general), we are now, at least on paper, in a new era where "objective" unreasonableness, which can be read on the papers, is the standard for sanctionably frivolous litigation. The court does not take the mindset of the litigant into consideration (at least on paper), and filing utterly dumb shit, in the SLAPP categories of suits, is sanctionable, regardless of your subjective state of mind.

I'm not a Robot

kiwifarms.net
So this idiot has some kind of brain damage that causes him to get everything wrong? "This man is a rapist who sexually assaulted hundreds of women." Not defamatory. "I had a bad experience at this car dealership." That's fucking defamatory. Seriously fuck this guy. He's an absolute cretin.
The crazy doesn't stop there. There was no evidence the husband posted anything about their business, yet he somehow lost his motion to dismiss. All of the Yelp reviews were written by the wife. Chupp apparently liked the plaintiff's argument that they were both liable because she wrote "we" in her posts. The court of appeals did not.

1623045359500.png

1623044894300.png

Last edited:

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Chupp apparently liked the plaintiff's argument that they were both liable because she wrote "we" in her posts. The court of appeals did not.
This is another of Chupp's core incompetencies, making factual findings completely out of thin air without even a scintilla of evidence of record supporting them, e.g., Ron Toye is an independent contractor of Funimation, which he has no business relationship with whatsoever, despite the fact that no party even claimed this and it wasn't even relevant to anything.

BaldBoomerBoy

kiwifarms.net
This is another of Chupp's core incompetencies, making factual findings completely out of thin air without even a scintilla of evidence of record supporting them, e.g., Ron Toye is an independent contractor of Funimation, which he has no business relationship with whatsoever, despite the fact that no party even claimed this and it wasn't even relevant to anything.
It becomes relevant once he deems it to be so, the universe is one large courtroom and Chupp will determine our TCPA pleas in the afterlife.

The-Patriarchy

The End Justifies the Memes
kiwifarms.net
Makes me wonder if Chupp has ever read the TCPA statute- maybe he did but failed to look up the definition of any of the words longer than four characters?

Reactions: 774

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
Makes me wonder if Chupp has ever read the TCPA statute- maybe he did but failed to look up the definition of any of the words longer than four characters?
No, no, if you look at his record with that filter I think @AnOminous is right. He enters his courtroom and sets out to do everything wrong, exactly wrong, on purpose, to send a message. I don't know what that message is, but he is the anti-judge who wanted to be the anti-appeal, but he wrote his application for appeals the way he writes his opinions. With absolute blistering incompetence.

BaldBoomerBoy

kiwifarms.net
No, no, if you look at his record with that filter I think @AnOminous is right. He enters his courtroom and sets out to do everything wrong, exactly wrong, on purpose, to send a message. I don't know what that message is, but he is the anti-judge who wanted to be the anti-appeal, but he wrote his application for appeals the way he writes his opinions. With absolute blistering incompetence.
The message is that none of us should trust the legal system to successfully and accurately resolve our problems. Chupp hates his job so much he hates the entire framework of the law and wants all laypeople to look upon his work and know the horror of the system that not only allows him to continue but enables him to do it with such fervent contempt for the innocent people it destroys.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
The message is that none of us should trust the legal system to successfully and accurately resolve our problems. Chupp hates his job so much he hates the entire framework of the law and wants all laypeople to look upon his work and know the horror of the system that not only allows him to continue but enables him to do it with such fervent contempt for the innocent people it destroys.
I would believe he were the hero playing the villain except for his "I AM A JUDGE" answer, which clearly shows either a deranged dedication to wrongness, or mind melting incompetence. If the latter, then he is not play-acting the horror of the system, but a product of it. The slime that oozes under the court's doorway due to their broken and derelict system.

Sheryl Nome

Listen to my song
kiwifarms.net
It won't be this week because it doesn't exist, this entire lawsuit is a fabrication by one Nicholas Robert Reiketa to fund his crippling cocaine addiction. Judge Chuck was replaced by Judge Sneed 5 years ago. Vic lasagna is a very sophisticated digital character, a modern max headroom. This was all a ploy, a bamboozle, and we all fell for it. HE PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE