Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.

OneHandClapping

OnePimpSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thats the convention that cancelled recently right? The one Nick said had cancelled Vic because of the MHA VAs?
The people who own SacAnime also own/run Anime Roseville. Sacramento and Roseville are only like 20 miles apart.

Vic was set to appear in the June 6th Anime Roseville swap meet. In addition to Vic, Funimation VAs Aaron Dismuke, Caitlin Glass (who ended up canceling), Elizabeth Maxwell, and Eric Vale were set to attend.

SacAnime was set for September 3rd to 5th. Over a dozen MHA VAs (read: Funimation VAs, including Monica and Jamie) were set to attend.

Vic was mysteriously canceled around April 2nd.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
The people who own SacAnime also own/run Anime Roseville. Sacramento and Roseville are only like 20 miles apart.

Vic was set to appear in the June 6th Anime Roseville swap meet. In addition to Vic, Funimation VAs Aaron Dismuke, Caitlin Glass (who ended up canceling), Elizabeth Maxwell, and Eric Vale were set to attend.

SacAnime was set for September 3rd to 5th. Over a dozen MHA VAs (read: Funimation VAs, including Monica and Jamie) were set to attend.

Vic was mysteriously canceled around April 2nd.
You know, Im willing to bet theres a few conventions out there that have cancelled Vic that are bitter that they might be losing money by not having Vic. They may not have said anything but I bet Vic gets a couple responses in discovery if this comes back.

Are these smaller cons? I bet they feel the sting the most.

OneHandClapping

OnePimpSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, Im willing to bet theres a few conventions out there that have cancelled Vic that are bitter that they might be losing money by not having Vic. They may not have said anything but I bet Vic gets a couple responses in discovery if this comes back.

Are these smaller cons? I bet they feel the sting the most.
Roseville is relatively new, so no idea. I'm sure the coof hasn't been kind to it.

SacAnime is fairly large. According to Wikipedia ( yeah I know, wiki sucks), their August/September 2018 show had an estimated attendance of 21,000 people. For comparision, (also from Wikipedia) Anime Matsuri had roughly 29,000 people in 2018. So SacAnime itself is a pretty major con.

Vic has said a few times he had (emphasis had) a good relationship with the SacAnime people. If it comes back on appeal they might realize they don't like getting bullied.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Roseville is relatively new, so no idea. I'm sure the coof hasn't been kind to it.

SacAnime is fairly large. According to Wikipedia ( yeah I know, wiki sucks), their August/September 2018 show had an estimated attendance of 21,000 people. For comparision, (also from Wikipedia) Anime Matsuri had roughly 29,000 people in 2018. So SacAnime itself is a pretty major con.

Vic has said a few times he had (emphasis had) a good relationship with the SacAnime people. If it comes back on appeal they might realize they don't like getting bullied.
Anime Roseville is a "swap meet" type of con; it's basically just a bunch of tables in an exhibit hall with some special guests signing along one of the walls. No costume contest, rave, video game room, panels, workshops, etc. It's mostly a place to buy merch and cosplay. The venue isn't terribly big, the con is one-day and they close before dinner time, but the price is cheap (I think it was $10 this year), so it attracts a lot of kids.

Needless to say, he probably wasn't going to get a lot of money out of the show (relatively speaking), but it still would have been a show of support by the SacAnime people. Incidentally, the SacAnime people also are associated with Bak-Anime, who long-time followers of this shitshow might remember as being one of the few cons that didn't cancel him immediately in the wake of the accusations in 2019. Which does kinda lend credence to the idea that they were unduly influenced by Funi threatening to pull their VAs from the cons.

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Is it a viable strategy to, say, only sue the spergiest person (say, Ron), hopefully get past TCPA, conduct discovery, then with hopefully strong evidence, sue the rest?

Statute of limitation might be a problem with that one, though.
No, because it wouldn't revive any now-dead causes of action.

Terrifik

kiwifarms.net
Expect nothing this week because of olympic but,
1626917843333.png

Apteryx Owenii

Happy to no longer have CWC-related username
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love this thread it just shows how much the real world can not give one shit about anything to do with anime. Anime is a net negative interest factor. Someone could straight murder a co-worker and if they both worked in a weeabo industry, the courts would just kind of ignore it until it goes away.

All is right with the world.