Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This entire situation has driven into me a complete reluctance to enter any lawsuits. Miserable. Just Miserable.
No one wants to go to court (unless you are Russell Greer or Melinda Scott).
Lawsuits are expensive and pursuing that should only be considered if you can be compensated for damages.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
No one wants to go to court (unless you are Russell Greer or Melinda Scott).
Lawsuits are expensive and pursuing that should only be considered if you can be compensated for damages.
SLAPP laws are basically rooted in that concept. Lawsuits are so bad that if you subject someone to it for obviously stupid and frivolous reasons, you should be punished.

There's more to it than that, but I think at least part of the motivation is rooted in that.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i've only been following the vic case off and on as my proximity to some deranged individuals is the only reason i know about it. it was at least two years ago it got brought up in my circle and there was a lot of vitriol for vic and absolutely none for his accusers, which is always a good sign of a dumpster fire. when i decided to look it up and learn about it a little more, the one thing that stuck out at me is, and correct me if i'm wrong because i'm pretty sure it was mentioned in this thread or another kf informational somewhere -- wasn't there a conspiratorial private facebook group that made up a lot of accusations and crimes that vic supposedly committed? if so, why is this trial still ongoing when it's been shown that the accusers have falsified evidence and accusations or at least attempted to do so?

then again, i guess gamesjournospros being exposed back in the day didn't really lead to anything impactful.
You are thinking of "the broken staircase". It was a whisper network that plotted to take down various high profile voice actors, ostensibly for past misdeeds but more overtly to get rid of them so "new" talent could come in. They even had an excel spread sheet of their targets, and of course the kiwifarms found it.

It's the .Xlsx file attached the weeb wars OP.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You are thinking of "the broken staircase". It was a whisper network that plotted to take down various high profile voice actors, ostensibly for past misdeeds but more overtly to get rid of them so "new" talent could come in. They even had an excel spread sheet of their targets, and of course the kiwifarms found it.

It's the .Xlsx file attached the weeb wars OP.
It wasn't just voice actors (there's only 4 on there). The document mostly contains cosplayers, photographers, vendors, or anyone on the convention scene deemed "problematic" by whoever the contributors thought needed to be on there.

Last edited:

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It wasn't just voice actors (there's only 4 on there). The document mostly contains cosplayers, photographers, vendors, or anyone on the convention scene deemed "problematic" by whoever the contributors thought needed to be on there.
Except whenever one of their own disgusting clique ended up on it, they removed him immediately.

What the shit

The Blue Blur
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Problematic is definitely pretty broad for removing anyone since different people view different things as problematic at varying degrees.

Terrifik

kiwifarms.net
Except whenever one of their own disgusting clique ended up on it, they removed him immediately.
correct origonal list had a sony male Exec who got his name tooken off with force.
main point was name shame people out of the industry & gatekeep .
low pay & low fame industry that only got semi famous from twitter rants.
whole vic issue was vic was climb the corporate ladder while most where fine not rocking the boat.
Incorrect. It was not a "Sony male exec" who was taken off.
It was Justin Sevakis, founder of Anime News Network.
Edit: welp guess thats not a issue :punished:

Last edited:

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As near as I can tell, Oberlin's dragging things out until as many of the Gibson family has died as possible.
Good luck. Unlike those overeducated childless ghouls the Gibsons viewed hard work as a gift. Not just for their bakery but to have as many kids as fucking possible. Even if that lawsuit lasts for the next 100 years a Gibson will be there at the end to avenge his Great Grandfather.

As it should be.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
correct origonal list had a sony male Exec who got his name tooken off with force.
main point was name shame people out of the industry & gatekeep .
low pay & low fame industry that only got semi famous from twitter rants.
whole vic issue was vic was climb the corporate ladder while most where fine not rocking the boat.
This is because the Broken Staircase was made by a bunch of zealots with zero power. The same kinds of fujoshi that tried to cancel Vic by lying about him repeatedly since 2010 (Now they can finally say the rumors have existed for over a decade!) and failed to do literally anything other than get him to make a panel one time that addressed and dismissed some of the sillier accusations. The only reason Vic got nuked this time and why the Broken Staircase was touted as effective is because insiders got super jealous and saw it as an opportunity to destroy someone they didn't like who they viewed as competition. Chris Niosi incorrectly got attributed to a Broken Staircase victory because he stupidly admitted to everything, but he actually only lost his role in a Nintendo game - and only did that because he broke an NDA. He retains most of his roles still and still travels to conventions. When the insiders decided to use the list as a target platform and a threat against people they didn't like (and people they needed to fall in line) obviously that meant removing the members on it who were 'on their side' so that the list looked more effective as a threat.

It is 2022 and out of that list only Vic has been greviously harmed and Chris' stumble didn't even come from the efforts of the crazies on Twitter. The list is useless and always has been, and at this point it's probably not even being used to keep people in line anymore, because the people involved have gotten complacent and think they've won vs Vic so there's no reason for anyone to dare speak out.

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This entire situation has driven into me a complete reluctance to enter any lawsuits. Miserable. Just Miserable.
This is the Court of Chancery; which has its decaying houses and its blighted lands in every shire; which has its worn-out lunatic in every madhouse, and its dead in every churchyard; which has its ruined suitor, with his slipshod heels and threadbare dress, borrowing and begging through the round of every man's acquaintance; which gives to monied might the means abundantly of wearying out the right; which so exhausts finances, patience, courage, hope; so overthrows the brain and breaks the heart; that there is not an honorable man among its practitioners who would not give-who does not often give-the warning, "Suffer any wrong that can be done you, rather than come here!"

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is the Court of Chancery; which has its decaying houses and its blighted lands in every shire; which has its worn-out lunatic in every madhouse, and its dead in every churchyard; which has its ruined suitor, with his slipshod heels and threadbare dress, borrowing and begging through the round of every man's acquaintance; which gives to monied might the means abundantly of wearying out the right; which so exhausts finances, patience, courage, hope; so overthrows the brain and breaks the heart; that there is not an honorable man among its practitioners who would not give-who does not often give-the warning, "Suffer any wrong that can be done you, rather than come here!"
Amen. Welcome brethren once more, to holy F5 day. As it was in 2019, so shall it always be. Case without end.

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Amen. Welcome brethren once more, to holy F5 day. As it was in 2019, so shall it always be. Case without end.
Jarndyce and Jarndyce drones on. This scarecrow of a suit has, in course of time, become so complicated that no man alive knows what it means. The parties to it understand it least, but it has been observed that no two Chancery lawyers can talk about it for five minutes without coming to a total disagreement as to all the premises. Innumerable children have been born into the cause; innumerable young people have married into it; innumerable old people have died out of it. Scores of persons have deliriously found themselves made parties in Jarndyce and Jarndyce without knowing how or why; whole families have inherited legendary hatreds with the suit. The little plaintiff or defendant who was promised a new rocking-horse when Jarndyce and Jarndyce should be settled has grown up, possessed himself of a real horse, and trotted away into the other world. Fair wards of court have faded into mothers and grandmothers; a long procession of Chancellors has come in and gone out; the legion of bills in the suit have been transformed into mere bills of mortality; there are not three Jarndyces left upon the earth perhaps since old Tom Jarndyce in despair blew his brains out at a coffee-house in Chancery Lane; but Jarndyce and Jarndyce still drags its dreary length before the court, perennially hopeless.

(Anyone who talks shit about Dickens can blow me.)

TheClappening

It's good!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Poke poke.

C'mon, do something.
1641525049266.png

Who am I kidding. Why should this week be any different from the past 50+ weeks.

TCOA taking an extended holiday?
Still have another ~20 minutes

EDIT:
Thanks for nothing 2DCOA
1641526248999.png

Looks like we have a TCPA case though

02-21-00107-CV James Miller v. Heather Schupp

Last edited: