Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

SushiOnFire

NoZilla
kiwifarms.net
I believe Nick will be showing Rial's depo on stream tonight, or at least the first part of it. Be warned if you've never heard Monica before, many people find her voice...difficult to listen to for long periods. I believe I've heard the term "screeching harpy" used before to describe it, and that was well before the whole KickVic thing started.
The youtube thumbnail is already quite horrifying, I will certainly put most of the video in background

Sheryl Nome

Listen to my song
kiwifarms.net
It makes their dumb opposition to the confidentiality agreement that would be normal in such cases look incredibly weird and counterproductive. But hey, Ron Soye Boye thought he had to pose as the sheepdog of whammen believing and scream to the skies he wanted ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING public.

Did they realize "everything" would include, well, everything?
Its fine, he doesn't recall anything and he's not an 'authenticator of tweets' or a lawyer or a police officer. So he's free from fault.

Reactions: Make Anime Illegal

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
People said they brought on Lemonparty to provoke Vic into getting mad and that might be the attempt, but it might also be that they want him to do shit that anyone else would get punched for, so they pick a dude who you're afraid might be killed if you even raised your voice to his puny, mosquito-beaten ass.
This reminds me of a debate that used to go round my EMS Chiefs office. "If the opposing council actually drops dead in the courtroom, are we in any way legally required to do CPR?"

The general consensus was we would have to formally put the matter before the Judge and allow time for arguments.

farmcat

horrified
kiwifarms.net
What additional documentation exists of the "Jellybean Incident"? It featured in Monica's deposition, and may be falsifiable.

ErbBetaPatch

Playstation 2 Sommelier
kiwifarms.net
Every time Monica speaks she turns her head and looks straight ahead. She can't make eye contact with Texan Bleh. It seems she keeps looking over at Casey without overtly turning to him

JoyfulDarter

Dream Rapist
kiwifarms.net
After listening to the deposition streams of Nick's, it sounded to me like they essentially got nothing out of Vic other than he is kind of a bad judge of character, hooked up with some chicks while engaged, and was a police officer for a short period. Does that sound about right?
These depositions seem to be a pretty colossal waste of time from the viewer's perspective, frankly.
It put a dent in the serial rapist narrative. He was a police officer and a teacher, two very important positions of power, and decided to wait until he was an anime voice actor to start raping women. Weird, huh?

It also showed that the defense really doesn't have anything. They're going to be relying heavily on some kind of #MeToo narrative and apparently want to tag the GFM.
What a weasel. But refusing to even properly answer some of the questions is really bad, right? Especially considering he way overplayed the selective memory card.
On its own it's pretty sketchy but it looks really terrible in contrast to Vic who didn't dodge any questions, was direct and much less "selective" about his memory. He also never got upset or got into an argument with the attorney who was examining him in contrast to Soye who got increasingly flustered and defensive as it went on.
What additional documentation exists of the "Jellybean Incident"? It featured in Monica's deposition, and may be falsifiable.
According to Vic it was in front of several people so there were witnesses, but I'm not sure if it was a panel or not. If it is, there might be a recording somewhere.

Spunt

bwup
kiwifarms.net
I bet Lemon and Casey read the Art of War at some point and heard "if you can't beat the enemy in a straight fight, cut off their supply lines" - hence the attempt to somehow separate Vic and the GFM. Doesn't sound like it'll work, but it probably has a better chance of success than arguing MoRonica's "case".

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I bet Lemon and Casey read the Art of War at some point and heard "if you can't beat the enemy in a straight fight, cut off their supply lines" - hence the attempt to somehow separate Vic and the GFM. Doesn't sound like it'll work, but it probably has a better chance of success than arguing MoRonica's "case".
Which is really asinine because Sun Tzu also said it's idiotic to attack where you enemy is strongest, and that avenue of attack is downright impregnable, as Nick bent every legal effort he could making sure it passed muster since day one. GFM themselves signed off it as well, and it was set up so it went to well defined parties for explicit purposes.

Taking that out isn't gonna happen, and even if it did happen, Vic already has the money in Ty's war chest for his legal defense, so it's closing the door long after the horse escapes at best.

Bob's Your Uncle

Wandering About
kiwifarms.net
After seeing what little of the deposition from Rial I could tolerate without wretching to the point my eyeballs pop out of my skull, I noticed this is a very practiced part on her behalf.

Hearing her voice in DVD commentaries, what I heard in the deposition is much different. She added some bass undertones, to add a sense of maturity or sincerity. In the DVD commentaries, her normal voice sounds a bit more like her characters: nasally and whiny.

This makes me more convinced she’s a evil, scheming bitch looking to take down Vic.

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net
It put a dent in the serial rapist narrative. He was a police officer and a teacher, two very important positions of power, and decided to wait until he was an anime voice actor to start raping women. Weird, huh?
Alternately: he just hasn't been caught until now.

(No, I don't actually believe that. Playing devil's advocate here.)

PrinceofAllCucks

kiwifarms.net
Alternately: he just hasn't been caught until now.

(No, I don't actually believe that. Playing devil's advocate here.)
Then it sounds like every con owner who apparently knew (because it was an apparent "open secret" and all) should be implicated for aiding and abetting an apparent well known rapist/predator to the conventions. Likewise, the VAs and agents of funimation that have apparently been "saying it for years" and companies that have been allowing him to continue prowling conventions under their watch, i.e. sponsored events and appearances, should be run into the ground for allowing something as awful as that to happen.

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net
Then it sounds like every con owner who apparently knew (because it was an apparent "open secret" and all) should be implicated for aiding and abetting an apparent well known rapist/predator to the conventions. Likewise, the VAs and agents of funimation that have apparently been "saying it for years" and companies that have been allowing him to continue prowling conventions under their watch, i.e. sponsored events and appearances, should be run into the ground for allowing something as awful as that to happen.
Quite true. Especially in light of what would be a comparable (if far more appalling) conspiracy: Jeffrey Epstein.

That's what irks me about this. Somehow, 'everyone' knows Vic is a creeper for YEARS and YEARS but NOTHING happens until ONE DAY. That is NOT how it works. And Vic is not some super-connected motherfucker like Epstein. He's a nice guy, sure, but there's no way in hell this shit wouldn't eventually impinge on his employment and appearance at conventions.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino